Post-Game Talk: Cowabunga! 10 game winning Streak!

Player of the game

• Rempe

Votes: 79 66.9%
  • Shesty

Votes: 39 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
I’m way late to this party, but just rewatched the game on the Flyers version of the replay - wow; did Trouba and ZibHair play shitastically. Fk awful.

Only Vesey had worse possession stats than those two overpaid bumblef***s.

(Zib must still be reeling from that Athletic article takedown.)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
True. Thankfully most do not, because they give hefty bonuses for finishing a fight, knockout of the night and submission of the night, on top of the show/win pay. And if you fight boring point style you end up not getting a second contract with an org.
The PFL even has a weighted system. A decision win gets you 2 points in the standings. A 1st round finish gets you 6 points in the standings.
MMA does everything it can to encourage a real fight.

I'm 99.9% sure that the most common outcome for a MMA fight (at the pro level, not underground smokers) is a decision. Even if the incentive is there, when people are pretty evenly matched, the fights tend to go that way as well. Makes for boring viewing more often than people would like (and honestly, its probably going to get worse.) That rings true for fights in the NHL as well unless 2 people just say "f*** it" and want to stand and trade. That happened today.

Rempe took on a top 5 (top 3?) fighter in the game. Not every fight that he has is going to look like this. Most of them will look like what happened with Sigenthaler. Anyone worried about him holding up long term because of this fight need to take that into consideration as well (and I don't even think he got hit hard at all in this fight.)

Eventually people are going to take notice and most players aren't even going to bother. Thats totally fine though as I'd rather see what he can do on the ice at this level outside of punching people in the face, we all know he can do that.

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
It’s different than MMA though. He fights differently than most today. He’ll eat some shots to unload his own. He doesn’t lock out and turn his head like almost everyone else.

Chara with the similar huge reach didn’t like getting hit, as soon as he ever did, he’d throw out his legs and drop. Rempe stands in and trades. The result is Deslauriers face.
Delauriers got him with a straight right early on and it didn't really faze him.

If he gave Deslauriers all he could handle in his 4th major league game, wait until he learns.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Delauriers got him with a straight right early on and it didn't really faze him.

If he gave Deslauriers all he could handle in his 4th major league game, wait until he learns.
Where did Emily go?

Rempe threw 27 punches vs. 19 for DesLauriers and got several clean shots in. When he got tangled up in his jersey, he lost his focus.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Where did Emily go?

Rempe threw 27 punches vs. 19 for DesLauriers and got several clean shots in. When he got tangled up in his jersey, he lost his focus.
He kept going even when his jersey was over him haha and he could have for another good 20 seconds but Delauriers wanted out at that point and pulled him down

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
1708840588199.jpeg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If you “dominate” you damage your opponent. We aren’t talking about Taekwondo point fighting here, or even boxing which often is the same. This is a fight. You f*** up the other guy, you win. Again, MMA judging, REAL fight judging, goes Damage first, Effective striking and grappling, Positional control/dictating the pace of the fight last.
Anybody who goes damage first shouldn't be judging MMA or boxing.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Lafreniere has been sublime.

In the past I wanted him on the ice in big situations and when we’re trailing and need a goal because I wanted him to get a taste and learn and prove himself whether or not it gave us the best chance to score and/or win and now I want him on the ice when we need a goal and it’s a big situation because he’s one of the best players on the team that gives us the best chance to score and/or win. There’s an important distinction there.

Reactions: egelband

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Gotta give this Philthy Flyers team some credit. Give Torts some credit. Looking at the roster, i feel like they have no business being ahead of Pens, Caps, or Devs in ther standings but they are sitting in a playoff spot as of now. Torts has them buying in.

Too much hate for Mika and Kreider. Guess you are only as good as your last game.

Deadline is close. Wonder if teams will be calling on Rempe? Old hat GM's love these guys. So do owners. They become fan favs. I hope they don't move him, but i would imagine with all the attention hes been getting teams are going to ask.

Reactions: tlk and egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille