Post-Game Talk: Cowabunga! 10 game winning Streak!

Player of the game

• Rempe

Votes: 79 66.9%
  • Shesty

Votes: 39 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm happy, i hope we dont change too much, a little help for the zib line. As well something that wont happen but should, Goodrow gone with Brodzinski as his replacement, and a 3c aquired. Depth d, end of deadline.

Reactions: egelband

EEL

Sep 18, 2008
HHI
I know it will NEVER happen, but Lavi needs to f***ing yank Zibs off the left side of that PP and try Laf there. Not put Laf as a screen, but literally on that side as a shooter.

I've been a proponent of Laf deserving PP time instead of of being spoon fed it, but he goddamn deserves is now.
Mika mental midget!

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
My response about the gimmies was to this line by @McRanger92 "We would need to play horrendous hockey to not advance to the conference finals."

Even with GOOD hockey from NYR, every series will be a coin-flip, even the first few rounds. Except for one potential matchup....
I disagree. If the Rangers play "good" hockey the odds would be better than a coin flip especially if Shesterkin plays at a high level.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Nobody is questioning his ability to damage. He just needs to get hit less.
His face barely took any punches, Deslaurier was swinging a lot but not landing half of them. Meanwhile Deslauriers face looked like a half chewed stick of hockey card gum.

Good teams find a way to win, and for all the guys that wanna dump on this team, they find a way.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I also feel like the sunshine pumpers do mental gymnastics where they group the “Zibanejad is a weak vegan who gets pegged by his wife” type negativity in with the actual valid criticisms. I think it’s a homer protective mechanism
It’s absolutely that.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
His face barely took any punches, Deslaurier was swinging a lot but not landing half of them. Meanwhile Deslauriers face looked like a half chewed stick of hockey card gum.
In 40 plus years of watching hockey, I’ve seen broken noses, busted up eyes and plenty of KOs. I’ve never seen anyone with a blood red map of Colorado on their forehead. Rempe pounded his face

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
In 40 plus years of watching hockey, I’ve seen broken noses, busted up eyes and plenty of KOs. I’ve never seen anyone with a blood red map of Colorado on their forehead. Rempe pounded his face

Schneider left an imprint of his fist in the forehead of a Devils player a few years ago.

Anybody who's ever judged fighting will tell you not to go on damage.

The fight was probably a draw.

Rempe was clearly the dominant force in both fights but he needs to learn some technical stuff. He just gets hit and you would hate to see him get hurt.

This is true.

I also don't think he took nearly as much damage as it appeared. So many of those shots hit his shoulders or the side of his head (which feels worse for the thrower of said punch.)

There was one big shot landed in the entire exchange, he landed it. If anything landed on him even quasi flush he would have worn it, Deslauriers can crack.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Schneider left an imprint of his fist in the forehead of a Devils player a few years ago.

This is true.

I also don't think he took nearly as much damage as it appeared. So many of those shots hit his shoulders or the side of his head (which feels worse for the thrower of said punch.)

There was one big shot landed in the entire exchange, he landed it. If anything landed on him even quasi flush he would have worn it, Deslauriers can crack.
Yes. He pummeled Sharangovich. The one on Deslauriers is way worse though

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Like would you feel confident playing the Flyers in the playoffs after that performance?

That honestly would probably be the best possible outcome for the Rangers.

For the flyers it might turn out losing a 3rd in the Metro means out of playoffs altogether.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’d happily play the flyers. I’d play anybody

Really the lightning out of respect I don’t want

The devils because they’ve got a ton of talent and can get hot

And eventually fla looks good but otherwise hammer every one of these teams in the east. If you ask me

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
As happy as I am with the winning streak how the f*** do you allow 40 shots on goal in 4 straight games. And especially that team without their leading goal scorer. WTF?

Both Philly and NJD spammed the f*** out of low danger shots.

They went into a shell vs Dallas and the Islander game was a shit show that they just happened to find a way to win.

Dallas and NJD games weren't really that bad. NYI and Philly games were.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
Anybody who's ever judged fighting will tell you not to go on damage.
You need to brush up on your unified rules of MMA.

Screenshot_20240224_200458.jpgBut yes his technique (particularly his defense) needs work.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
You need to brush up on your unified rules of MMA.

View attachment 824973But yes his technique (particularly his defense) needs work.
It’s different than MMA though. He fights differently than most today. He’ll eat some shots to unload his own. He doesn’t lock out and turn his head like almost everyone else.

Chara with the similar huge reach didn’t like getting hit, as soon as he ever did, he’d throw out his legs and drop. Rempe stands in and trades. The result is Deslauriers face.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
You can break your nose and be a gushing mess on one shot and then dominate a fight. You don't go based on visible damage.
If you “dominate” you damage your opponent. We aren’t talking about Taekwondo point fighting here, or even boxing which often is the same. This is a fight. You f*** up the other guy, you win. Again, MMA judging, REAL fight judging, goes Damage first, Effective striking and grappling, Positional control/dictating the pace of the fight last.

Reactions: romba

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If you “dominate” you damage your opponent. We aren’t talking about Taekwondo point fighting here, or even boxing which often is the same. This is a fight. You f*** up the other guy, you win. Again, MMA judging, REAL fight judging, goes Damage first, Effective striking and grappling, Positional control/dictating the pace of the fight last.

Plenty of MMA fights turn out this way too.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Plenty of MMA fights turn out this way too.
True. Thankfully most do not, because they give hefty bonuses for finishing a fight, knockout of the night and submission of the night, on top of the show/win pay. And if you fight boring point style you end up not getting a second contract with an org.
The PFL even has a weighted system. A decision win gets you 2 points in the standings. A 1st round finish gets you 6 points in the standings.
MMA does everything it can to encourage a real fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad