COVID-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm saying total cases is quite likely higher than the denominator used to calculate that death rate...

Oooooooh. I’m assuming you mean because not everyone is tested that it’s not a fully accurate death rate?

I don’t know. I think there’s a large enough sample size at this point and virologists seem to be comfortable using that data to extrapolate out.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Oooooooh. I’m assuming you mean because not everyone is tested that it’s not a fully accurate death rate?

I don’t know. I think there’s a large enough sample size at this point and virologists seem to be comfortable using that data to extrapolate out.

The US govt have put out models with a 0.5% death rate and other countries have suggested its in that area +/- some basis points...Even in the dark days of March/April the US govt never ever predicted 5 million people would die from Covid in the do nothing and go for herd immunity scenario...That tweet is garbage in/garbage out imo...We're in controlled herd immunity until a vaccine or treatment is discovered whether we like it or not

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The US govt have put out models with a 0.5% death rate and other countries have suggested its in that area +/- some basis points...Even in the dark days or March/April they never ever predicted 5 million people would die from Covid...That tweet is garbage in/garbage out imo...

Did the models show 60% of the country infected? He’s basing that on a scenario where 60% of people get infected

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Did the models show 60% of the country infected? He’s basing that on a scenario where 60% of people get infected

His model is overly simplistic and shitty...Pure extrapolation would've had the US well above 200k deaths 2 months ago if we used March to Memorial day data.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Seems to me that Desparate Donny is trying to get his party to agree to the higher dollar Covid stimulus plan put forward by the Dems, because he feels it's his only shot at re-election at this point. Get money into Americans' hands, and maybe, just maybe, he can swing enough his direction to get back into office.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Seems to me that Desparate Donny is trying to get his party to agree to the higher dollar Covid stimulus plan put forward by the Dems, because he feels it's his only shot at re-election at this point. Get money into Americans' hands, and maybe, just maybe, he can swing enough his direction to get back into office.

So why was all this time wasted? Also, now it’s the senate republicans who look like shit.

Just a wild turn of events here.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I'm 35 years old. I've only been able to vote in 4 Presidential election cycles. Bush's 2nd term, Obama's two terms, and 2016. I've voted Democrat in all four of those election cycles, because I've felt the Republican candidates weren't the direction we needed to go. Bush was an idiot. Obama was the better candidate both terms, IMO, but I wouldn't have minded if either McCain or Romney had won. And I didn't vote Hillary or Trump in 2016 because I couldn't stand either of them, I wrote in John Wick. That's not to say I'd be opposed to voting for a Republican. You can find record of me stating that if Romney were running right now, I'd vote for him over Biden and Trump, AINEC.
I was identical to you. But just despised Romney and there was no way I could vote for him. And McCain with Palin....no way. If they would have chosen anyone other than her he probably wins.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I was identical to you. But just despised Romney and there was no way I could vote for him. And McCain with Palin....no way. If they would have chosen anyone other than her he probably wins.

Curious, why did you despise Romney? He’s always struck me as a decent person, even though he helped outsource jobs in his career when he was younger.

Ya, he seems a little robotic and out of touch with common people at times, but never struck me as someone people despised.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Can you help me understand something. The study that you posted is indicating there is a racial bias in non-lethal use of force.

While that study does not indicate a racial bias for lethal force, the NIH study does.

I think it’s reasonable to conclude that there is a racial issue that needs to be addressed. Do you consider that to be media driven or reality?

I suspect that there is a racial bias component, not to the level that is being drummed constantly in the media.

I also suspect that what you perceive as the solution will likely be different than my solution to the issue.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Curious, why did you despise Romney? He’s always struck me as a decent person, even though he helped outsource jobs in his career when he was younger.

Ya, he seems a little robotic and out of touch with common people at times, but never struck me as someone people despised.
Despise is a strong word. But when the recording came out of what he thought of 'regular people' it was pretty low. I just didn't like that comment as well as I think both house and senate were R. I like a little check and balance there.

We are all basically in the 90% normal crowd. While the 5% crazies on each side get all the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad