COVID-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

From The Athletic:

Marlins manager Don Mattingly said his team “never really considered not playing” on Sunday. The club’s most respected veteran, shortstop Miguel Rojas, told the media afterward that all 30 players discussed the situation Sunday morning, but said not playing was “never our mentality.”

And sources familiar with MLB protocols said that the league had done full contact tracing following the first positive test, tested all remaining Marlins players and based the decision not to intervene in part on the fact that no other players tested positive or reported symptoms.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

The ignorance of a narcissist is costing people their lives and setting back the economy even further. All because of his complete disregard for anyone but himself and what he perceives people think of him. Now the nation is completely divided more than ever, some of it over things so petty and stupid like if its constitutional or not to wear a mask.

He should be put in prison.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The moment they didn't decide to hub it up all but guaranteed that this would happen. You can't possibly expect 30 groups of 100ish people (players, coaches, execs, trainers, and complimentary staff) without strict bubbles from a variety of states with various levels of success or failure at containing the mess and traveling all over the place to eek out just fine.

They did the literal most half-assed attempt at a season and shocker, it might be DOA right out of the gate.

It's all the more nonsensical given that the Phoenix metro area already has the pro sports capacity to handle a league's worth of games, assuming you had a few double headers here and there or had a bit more down time than usual.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
With all the crap going on with covid, protests, etc there is big news coming out. Announced that Trump’s wife is overseeing a renovation of the rose garden. I mean with all the shit going on, people dying and the economy in shambles, this is an announcement? They are ignorant to timing, sensitivity.

Just clueless

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
With all the crap going on with covid, protests, etc there is big news coming out. Announced that Trump’s wife is overseeing a renovation of the rose garden. I mean with all the shit going on, people dying and the economy in shambles, this is an announcement? They are ignorant to timing, sensitivity.

Just clueless

Deflecting, distracting, and pretending things are normal is way more important/easier than actually developing effective testing and contact tracing.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad