OT: Covid-19 (Part 41) There is a life about to start when tomorrow comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I've actually lost like 25 pounds while also adding alot of muscle. Bought those adjustable weights and a bench back in September and just been focused on being healthy and fit for this coming summer.
Since I'm on unemployment, i looked at it like my new full time job. No Netflix, video games or anything entertainment if I haven't been active for at least an hour a day. Also being on unemployment, I can't afford to spend on take out since my mortgage and car payments just drain my account every 2 weeks lol

Well done, hope you find a nice gig soon and keep the good habits. :thumbu:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I also lost a fair bit of weight but it's weird. I was very inactive for a while due to being busy with work and put on maybe 10 lbs. Was also having some really bad stomach problems, and was really bloated. I went to the doctor and had a colonoscopy, and since having it done in Feb I have lost nearly 20 lbs. Haven't really changed anything much other than drinking a bit less.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I'm also one of those who lost weight.
Working from home has been the one thing helping more than anything.

Instead of driving 30 minutes to work, that's an extra 30 minutes workout in the morning.
Plus it kind of stop the temptation of picking up some Tim Hortons if I'm late....gives me more times to prepare healthier meals.

Cause other than that....I've been doing a lot less activities on a day to day basis than before the pandemic.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Instead of driving 30 minutes to work, that's an extra 30 minutes workout in the morning.
Plus it kind of stop the temptation of picking up some Tim Hortons if I'm late....gives me more times to prepare healthier meals.

Cause other than that....I've been doing a lot less activities on a day to day basis than before the pandemic.

Same here. My guess is that it is mostly thanks to Cactus Jack. He "hounds" me if he can't go for long walks.
I also cut down on sweet soda. I buy low sugar soda at Trader Joe's I also mix nectar or juice with straight seltzer watering it down.

Reactions: the and Milhouse40

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Same here. My guess is that it is mostly thanks to Cactus Jack. He "hounds" me if he can't go for long walks.
I also cut down on sweet soda. I buy low sugar soda at Trader Joe's I also mix nectar or juice with straight seltzer watering it down.

Funny, I find my habits have gotten worse, not better. I was not a snob but generally I would only eat cooked food from home, not much processed stuff. Snacks were fruit and vegetables.

Now I am eating f***ing garbage. Ordering snacks and candy online. I never used to eat candy or sweets at all. Hated the taste of high sugar. Now I go nuts for that shit like it's crack cocaine. And for a while I was drinking a lot. Not so much the amount but the frequency. I would drink 2 fancy craft beers every single night. Not good for health but also not sustainable spending $200/week on beer.

I cut that out since Feb and lost a lot of weight fast. But it ain't easy. Being cooped up at home makes it hard to stay disciplined.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I've been in intermittent fasting (18-6) for a bit over a month now, lost a good 10lbs, the rest of the weight is pretty hard to lose. Hopefully, I can start running more soon, I need a good 12-13 Celcius outside because of my asthma.

Fasting is ideal for me as I have the tendency to eat 4 meals a day, even if it's good food, it's too much of it.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I lost weight since the start of the pandemic as well, but I had already decided to get myself back in shape in January 2020. I was always in great shape and took care of myself but I had put on 30 pounds since the kids were born (4 and 7) and didn't like the way I felt and looked anymore. So I started getting back into shape before the pandemic started and just continued when the shit hit the fan in March. I lost my 30 pounds and and for the last 6-9 months have maintained myself by doing lots of HIIT cardio and bodyweight workouts at home. I also try to eat somewhat smart and I literally swear by Oatmeal in the morning. It's my go-to breakfast. I used to have some stomach issues (heartburn, a few really bad gastroenteritis cases and possible ulcers) but the Oatmeal just works wonders on my whole digestive system. It gets tougher to stay in shape as you get older (In my 40's now) but with a little effort it's not that bad.

a8fbe557-d660-4f35-9505-d9554bed7ab2_text.gif

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I've been in intermittent fasting (18-6) for a bit over a month now, lost a good 10lbs, the rest of the weight is pretty hard to lose. Hopefully, I can start running more soon, I need a good 12-13 Celcius outside because of my asthma.

Fasting is ideal for me as I have the tendency to eat 4 meals a day, even if it's good food, it's too much of it.

It's not necessarily too much, depends on portions and what you eat, but the issue is you put yourself in a constant feeding state.

Reactions: SOLR

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Funny, I find my habits have gotten worse, not better. I was not a snob but generally I would only eat cooked food from home, not much processed stuff. Snacks were fruit and vegetables.

Now I am eating f***ing garbage. Ordering snacks and candy online. I never used to eat candy or sweets at all. Hated the taste of high sugar. Now I go nuts for that shit like it's crack cocaine. And for a while I was drinking a lot. Not so much the amount but the frequency. I would drink 2 fancy craft beers every single night. Not good for health but also not sustainable spending $200/week on beer.

I cut that out since Feb and lost a lot of weight fast. But it ain't easy. Being cooped up at home makes it hard to stay disciplined.

It's also possible you put on fat but lost muscles.

Reactions: llamateizer

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I lost 75 pounds since 2018.. (found out i'm Celiac and have intolerance to all grains) ... This mysterious gut pain I had since i'm early teens... seen many doctors and ER visits.. no one pin pointed the cause!

Since this pandemic, I stayed same weight as I don't go out... being in my 50s and my wife is at risk. I just go to get groceries, wine and see my 85 year old mom from 50 feet away at her residence.

Been keeping fit. Yoga, cycling etc.. I now have stomach abs... never in my life !! Wife like!

We are booking our vaccine this coming week.... this will change.. happy it does!

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
It's not necessarily too much, depends on portions and what you eat, but the issue is you put yourself in a constant feeding state.

Exact, needed to stop that first, planning to go another month of intermittent fasting. But we've been eating really well, I was just working with the mind 16 hrs a day and felt constantly out of mental sugars.

Unsurprisingly this was an illusion, I'm working more with 2 meals in - but probably digesting a lot less (mind and gut competing for energy)

Once I can run my 40km/week with 40k/week of walking and gym training, I can eat much more. I'll just go 8/16 on the fasting at that point to stay disciplined.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Really hope those vaccinations numbers go back up for the next 2 weeks

Well yesterday they were at 60K+ first doses and almost 70K total doses so thats pretty good. I expect those numbers to be going up in the next week or so because we'll be getting bigger Pfizer shipments.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I lost weight since the start of the pandemic as well, but I had already decided to get myself back in shape in January 2020. I was always in great shape and took care of myself but I had put on 30 pounds since the kids were born (4 and 7) and didn't like the way I felt and looked anymore. So I started getting back into shape before the pandemic started and just continued when the shit hit the fan in March. I lost my 30 pounds and and for the last 6-9 months have maintained myself by doing lots of HIIT cardio and bodyweight workouts at home. I also try to eat somewhat smart and I literally swear by Oatmeal in the morning. It's my go-to breakfast. I used to have some stomach issues (heartburn, a few really bad gastroenteritis cases and possible ulcers) but the Oatmeal just works wonders on my whole digestive system. It gets tougher to stay in shape as you get older (In my 40's now) but with a little effort it's not that bad.

a8fbe557-d660-4f35-9505-d9554bed7ab2_text.gif

As a long distance runner/cyclist, oatmeal is my go to meal any time of the day.
Started also making very simple oatmeal bars.

Oatmeal + Banana + Seeds + Water + Oven = Win

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I gained weight because I'm a lazy ass. I was doing that before the pandemic too though. :laugh:

Only reason I'm not lazy is that I've noticed how much of a cognitive impact the consequences of lazyness can have (didn't feel them before 35), and that to me matters in my overall enjoyment of life.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

I'm drinking only on Friday and Saturday. But my happy hours have gotten quite a bit happier since the lockdown started. Nothing alarming, but a good 7 to 9 oz of gin every friday/saturday is a bit much. I recently cut that down.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It's also possible you put on fat but lost muscles.

Oh yeah for sure I did. When shit started to get tough with work, and I stopped lifting weights, I didn't lose any weight in terms of lbs but clearly things were just redistributing, got more of a belly and my arms started shrinking. Now I've lost the belly, clothes fit well again, but I need to get back to where I was before.

But all this sitting in front of the computer has been awful. Back pain, shoulder pain, hip pain, knee pain, just everything hurts from being so busy and sitting half the day. Lots of nerve pain, burning/tingling/numbness. Stretching every day now and it does help. It's hard to get back on the horse when you feel like crap physically.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm drinking only on Friday and Saturday. But my happy hours have gotten quite a bit happier since the lockdown started. Nothing alarming, but a good 7 to 9 oz of gin every friday/saturday is a bit much. I recently cut that down.

Sounds like people are slowly shedding the bad habits we picked up during lockdown. I started running again too, which has been going well, but I've been off now 2 weeks since work has been insane (65 hour week including Saturday + Sunday and all of it just being a code monkey and not moving at all). Tried to go for a long run and since then the muscles in my legs are so tight, they are randomly spasming and twitching around the joints (hips, knees, ankles).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad