OT: Covid-19 (Part 41) There is a life about to start when tomorrow comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
THERE IS A GOD
Got a call from the drugstore a block away from my home yesterday around 8. They had doses remaining. Told me to get there within 5 minutes if I wanted one.

Got Moderna. Gladly took it. Now my shoulder is sore as f***.
Had the same, took 2 days for soreness to go away.

Reactions: dinodebino

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
THERE IS A GOD
Got a call from the drugstore a block away from my home yesterday around 8. They had doses remaining. Told me to get there within 5 minutes if I wanted one.

Got Moderna. Gladly took it. Now my shoulder is sore as f***.

Had the same, took 2 days for soreness to go away.

Same thing over here. Got Moderna on Tuesday morning and my arm is still a little sore.....but still 100 times better than the first 2 days.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Same thing over here. Got Moderna on Tuesday morning and my arm is still a little sore.....but still 100 times better than the first 2 days.

Apparently it has more to do with the immune response to the vaccine than it has with the physical insertion of the needle. I read it's your arm cells that detect the RNA and "fights" it as if it was a virus, and that it all happens in your arm first and foremost. It's as if your arm was the ground zero of the immunisation process.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Apparently it has more to do with the immune response to the vaccine than it has with the physical insertion of the needle. I read it's your arm cells that detect the RNA and "fights" it as if it was a virus, and that it all happens in your arm first and foremost. It's as if your arm was the ground zero of the immunisation process.

Then the process has been working on me for sure.

Reactions: MSLs absurd thighs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The case numbers are encouraging. The fact we've been able to manage this third wave has to be commended.

Also good to see vaccinations back up:

72,303 first doses administered
- 69,501 first doses
- 2,802 first doses before April 28th counted retroactively

And it's also good to see the count of the second doses continue to rise. There were 6,500 second doses administered on Tuesday. Yesterday, close to 9,400 second doses administered.

Quebec has surpassed the 3M mark of doses administered.

Reactions: Andrei79

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Definitely have more of a sore arm this morning, and my wife could barely get the plates out of the cupboard for breakfast. Still better than sis in law with AZ, she was completely out of it with flu symptoms including chill and fever for 2 days.

Reactions: Milhouse40

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
We should be vaccinating asap instead of 5 years block.

Why waste time when the % is minimal between some1 18 or 55.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
cb394eb6-597b-4e24-a589-4e299a20ef5b.png

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
So I got Moderna on Tuesday morning. It's technically considered a second dose as I had COVID last year. Nurse told me there'd be more side effects from a second dose because my immune system was already armed and ready to fight it.

I was good for the 12ish hours, then it started getting worse... Basically for the past 36 hours I felt exactly like when I had COVID, but milder. Joint pain, myalgia, chills, fatigue. Had a painful day at work yesterday, napped for 2 hours as soon as I got home... Deltoid soreness went up to 6/10 ish. Some dizziness.

Was still hitting hard this morning, but it's clearing up now, feeling much better.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Didn't the Groupe CH plan to have their employees vaccinated next week with Métro's?

If not, Habs' players will be able to take appointments on May 7 and May 14, since we have old farts and youngins. :sarcasm:

Would be smart to vaccinate the team on the day following our last regular season game. Since there is possibility for sore muscles and fatigue, you don't want to vaccinate in the middle of the playoffs. So basically as far as I'm concerned they need to be vaccinated right away after the last game so they can get a few days of complete rest

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
So I got Moderna on Tuesday morning. It's technically considered a second dose as I had COVID last year. Nurse told me there'd be more side effects from a second dose because my immune system was already armed and ready to fight it.

I was good for the 12ish hours, then it started getting worse... Basically for the past 36 hours I felt exactly like when I had COVID, but milder. Joint pain, myalgia, chills, fatigue. Had a painful day at work yesterday, napped for 2 hours as soon as I got home... Deltoid soreness went up to 6/10 ish. Some dizziness.

Was still hitting hard this morning, but it's clearing up now, feeling much better.

Now go breakdance in the middle of 500 people.

Just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad