OT: Covid-19 (Part 41) There is a life about to start when tomorrow comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I got to find the right set up. For my job, I find it difficult to code standing up, or unless I am seated comfortably. I have a lot of monitors and stuff, I'm sure having so many screens and always turning my neck and stuff doesn't help. Plus lately work has been brutal, so I am tensed up all the time, which probably adds strain.

Might start doing something like, if I am on a call, then I stand up.

They are going to replace the windows in my apartment next week, they are doing all apartments. I work from home and they have been working on the building next to where I live and the sound is disturbing. I can't imagine the sound when they work 3.5 meters away replacing a sliding patio door and one window.! I might have to go somewhere else.

Reactions: waffledave

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Man, I’m f***ing happy to hear that I can book my vaccination date as of May 10th. As one of the people who live alone and have been showing up, busting my ass, working long hours and doing a thankless job this entire time and yet not being able to get the vaccine as an essential worker, all I can say is, f***ing finally.

I get my first vacation in 18 months this June, I’d love to have gotten the jab by then.
congrats man, you deserve that break

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
As a long distance runner/cyclist, oatmeal is my go to meal any time of the day.
Started also making very simple oatmeal bars.

Oatmeal + Banana + Seeds + Water + Oven = Win

Love oatmeal as well. I make it with raisin, pecans, cardamom and cinnamon and at times a little bit of butter (Irish butter).

Reactions: Andrei79 and LeHab

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Wait...
So they organize an anti-covid protest and their big plan is to disrupt the vaccination campaign? How the f*** does that make any sense to them.
confused.gif

Reactions: dinodebino

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Wait...
So they organize an anti-covid protest and their big plan is to disrupt the vaccination campaign? How the f*** does that make any sense to them.
confused.gif

According to organizers they don't want to disrupt vaccination campaign but simply protest. Authorities have cancelled this to minimize potential tensions. Last thing we need are a few whackos storming Big O, Capitol style. Good call by authorities.

I feel like the more media attention this is getting, the more people will show. Even if to watch from sidelines.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
According to organizers they don't want to disrupt vaccination campaign but simply protest. Authorities have cancelled this to minimize potential tensions. Last thing we need are a few whackos storming Big O, Capitol style. Good call by authorities.

I feel like the more media attention this is getting, the more people will show. Even if to watch from sidelines.

If they don't want to disrupt the vaccination campaign they shouldn't protest anywhere near the Big O or any other major vaccination site. That's just common sense.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Wait...
confused.gif

... Nah. I mean, the disruption is a consequence of the protest, but that's mostly the public authorities making sure nothing goes wrong here.

Though everyone is acting really soft towards those protesters.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
If they don't want to disrupt the vaccination campaign they shouldn't protest anywhere near the Big O or any other major vaccination site. That's just common sense.

From article:

Questioned on why they would choose to protest near the Olympic Stadium, Pilon said the idea was to get photos in front of an iconic building that people around the world associate with Quebec and Montreal.
“We never had any intention, in any way, of disrupting the vaccination clinic,” Pilon said. “We have no problem (with vaccination). We’re protesting the abusive measures in Quebec.”

That is the official version at least. Also according to article about 50 appointments were impacted. Unfortunate but not worth taking any risks there.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I mean you can just read the comments here to get a glimpse of what our wannabe Che Guevara are thinking.
The good news is that quebec only has 30K of these idiots which is a tiny minority in the end. The protest won't end well as a bunch of them are anti masks and cops are gonna be there to hand out tickets.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Wait...
confused.gif

I "know" one person attending. I have to mention she's in no way a friend.

She's a complete narcissist. The kind of person with a lot of money who goes to churches to buy things cheap and resell them on Kijiji, while driving a brand new German luxury car. She makes sure to go early, so all the good stuff won't get in the hands of poor people.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

She's a complete narcissist. The kind of person with a lot of money who goes to churches to buy things cheap and resell them on Kijiji, while driving a brand new German luxury car. She makes sure to go early, so all the good stuff won't get in the hands of poor people.

Wow...

Reactions: llamateizer

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

You watch way too much american stuff. Not happening here.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL

Jesus Christ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad