OT: Covid-19 (Part 41) There is a life about to start when tomorrow comes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Only reason I'm not lazy is that I've noticed how much of a cognitive impact the consequences of lazyness can have (didn't feel them before 35), and that to me matters in my overall enjoyment of life.

My weight definitely has a negative impact on most facets of my life, but hey I got vaccinated way before I would have without it.:laugh:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Man, I’m f***ing happy to hear that I can book my vaccination date as of May 10th. As one of the people who live alone and have been showing up, busting my ass, working long hours and doing a thankless job this entire time and yet not being able to get the vaccine as an essential worker, all I can say is, f***ing finally.

I get my first vacation in 18 months this June, I’d love to have gotten the jab by then.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I work in the Hotel and Restaurant industry, so all you bastards better get vaccinated so we can open back up again quickly and I can go back to work full time. :laugh:

200.gif

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Oh yeah for sure I did. When shit started to get tough with work, and I stopped lifting weights, I didn't lose any weight in terms of lbs but clearly things were just redistributing, got more of a belly and my arms started shrinking. Now I've lost the belly, clothes fit well again, but I need to get back to where I was before.

But all this sitting in front of the computer has been awful. Back pain, shoulder pain, hip pain, knee pain, just everything hurts from being so busy and sitting half the day. Lots of nerve pain, burning/tingling/numbness. Stretching every day now and it does help. It's hard to get back on the horse when you feel like crap physically.
You should look into getting a stand up desk, or sit on a Swiss ball instead of a chair.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Exact, needed to stop that first, planning to go another month of intermittent fasting. But we've been eating really well, I was just working with the mind 16 hrs a day and felt constantly out of mental sugars.

Unsurprisingly this was an illusion, I'm working more with 2 meals in - but probably digesting a lot less (mind and gut competing for energy)

Once I can run my 40km/week with 40k/week of walking and gym training, I can eat much more. I'll just go 8/16 on the fasting at that point to stay disciplined.
40k per week of running alone is 8km/5 days let's say. That's a lot in and of itself. If you add walking and gym training to it...ya..you could up your food intake exponentially.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I see a lot of people saying they can't wait to get back to work, I'm really surprised none of you applied to work in the healthcare system for a few months, the needs are literally in every single department.

4%/8% bonus
1000$ per month bonus
a chance to get treated like the guardian angel that you are

once in a lifetime opportunity, and you'd rather stay home doing nothing ? why ? seriously ?

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
40k per week of running alone is 8km/5 days let's say. That's a lot in and of itself. If you add walking and gym training to it...ya..you could up your food intake exponentially.

That's my normal summer time running, normally can get to 2500-2750 calories a day of food (and its all building muscles).

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
I see a lot of people saying they can't wait to get back to work, I'm really surprised none of you applied to work in the healthcare system for a few months, the needs are literally in every single department.

4%/8% bonus
1000$ per month bonus

once in a lifetime opportunity, and you'd rather stay home doing nothing ? why ? seriously ?
I thought about it but preferred focusing on my health and lose weight while playing the stock market at the same time (tripled my money thanks for Reddit/WSB). Looked at it like taking a sabbatical in my early 30s which never happens.

And I highly doubt I'd be a good health care worker lol.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005

4%/8% bonus
1000$ per month bonus

Happily employed in another sector but if they accept wiki/youtube certified Doctors I may consider for a few months. ;)

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

4%/8% bonus
1000$ per month bonus

Watch the movie The Barbarian Invasions (2003) and ask you the question : do you want to work there?
This movie is just a bit exagerated and caricatural from the reality. I don't want to go to jail after I fought with someone at the job.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Same here, lost almost 35 pds now since covid started, got back into running and actually using my home gym equipment

Thats awesome!

Covid was the very kick in the ass I needed. I too lost weight during covid, a lot, so far I'm down 125lbs in a little over a year. My treadmill get beat up pretty good this year.

Weight has always been a struggle and as bad as it sounds it took fear of covid to kick my ass in gear. So far so good, Im only 30lbs from hitting my target weight set by my doc.

Hope everyone you wants a vaccine can get one, be safe, and lets hope life can return to more normal soon. Even though the habs suck, Im itching to make the trip across country to the Bell Centre.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Watch the movie The Barbarian Invasions (2003) and ask you the question : do you want to work there?
This movie is just a bit exagerated and caricatural from the reality. I don't want to go to jail after I fought with someone at the job.

wtf you,re talking about Bob, why in hell would you fight at work...

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

4%/8% bonus
1000$ per month bonus

I can't wait to get back to work full time. I was working part time (from home) for the last year and was actually not working at all for a few months (in the winter), but my company really took care of me (still matched RRSP amounts, still left me my company cell phone for personal use, still paid me part of my salary through the government subsidy without me having to go through unemployment etc). The thing is I never knew when they were going to call me to start working again. They didn't transfer my emails or phone calls, they left everything still directed to me (it wasn't very busy so it didn't bother me to get calls from clients to chat from time to time). I think the uncertainty made me not look elsewhere for work, but also the fact that I have two young boys that go to daycare and school and had to stay home multiple times in the last 6 months because of cases in their classes or in the school. I had to be available at home for them.

Reactions: Crusher117

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Thats awesome!

Covid was the very kick in the ass I needed. I too lost weight during covid, a lot, so far I'm down 125lbs in a little over a year. My treadmill get beat up pretty good this year.

Weight has always been a struggle and as bad as it sounds it took fear of covid to kick my ass in gear. So far so good, Im only 30lbs from hitting my target weight set by my doc.
Wow man. Good job. Keep it up. Love hearing stories like this.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Thats awesome!

Hope everyone you wants a vaccine can get one, be safe, and lets hope life can return to more normal soon. Even though the habs suck, Im itching to make the trip across country to the Bell Centre.

Don't stop!!! You can do it! You only have one life to live, so make sure it's as long and healthy as possible so you can enjoy it. Proud of you man.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Of course I won't fight at job but I will be very frustrated and unhappy. Money isn't everything in life. Anyway I can be busy building balconies and gazebos all summer long.
look, very good salary, working for people who will treat you aux p'tits oignons, working weekends only half the time, regularly shown appreciation by pretty much every people you meet...

I do not get why you'd be frustrated/unhappy.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
look, very good salary, working for people who will treat you aux p'tits oignons, working weekends only half the time, regularly shown appreciation by pretty much every people you meet...

I do not get why you'd be frustrated/unhappy.

You might be right. Maybe I'm stubborn by the bad experience I had decades ago.
I'll see after this summer. Truck driving can be nice too.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You should look into getting a stand up desk, or sit on a Swiss ball instead of a chair.

I got to find the right set up. For my job, I find it difficult to code standing up, or unless I am seated comfortably. I have a lot of monitors and stuff, I'm sure having so many screens and always turning my neck and stuff doesn't help. Plus lately work has been brutal, so I am tensed up all the time, which probably adds strain.

Might start doing something like, if I am on a call, then I stand up.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad