OT: Covid-19 (Part 29) Sick Again...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Are baby sitters allowed? I mean realistically we're still going to have them over since we have no choice, it's safer than sending her to daycare and our parents are willing.
Yes. That was mentioned in the press conference. 1 person of service is allowed to come over. Plummer, electrician, babysitter ect...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm betting some did, but didn't even know they had it. And as they didn't feel sick, they didn't get tested.

Well it doesn't matter since nobody they saw got it either..
It's meant to be super contagious right? So surely, it would have been passed on to at least a couple of people that showed symptoms.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
It's meant to be super contagious right? So surely, it would have been passed on to at least a couple of people that showed symptoms.

Very contagious, yes. Most healthy young people will be asymptomatic or have mild symptoms not worth mentioning.

When you say "nobody they saw", did any of them hang out with elderly folks?

(Edit)
And it seems that asymptomatics aren't the transfer threat we once thought.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Very contagious, yes. Most healthy young people will be asymptomatic or have mild symptoms not worth mentioning.

When you say "nobody they saw", did any of them hang out with elderly folks?
Has this actually been proven? Because they've gone back and forth on this, it's obvious they just don't know.
At first they said like 80% is asymptomatic, then they found most people actually do have symptoms, the problem is they're asymptomatic early on when they can start spreading it, but most end up with symptoms.

Yes they did, including me. We all saw our parents who are 70+.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
It's my GF, but we're aren't living together since it's rather recent, we're both teleworking and it makes more sense to each be working from our place.
And we indeed met thru Tinder, FWIW.

Actually, every person living alone can host another person, no specific needs.

"Single individuals" is a rather bad translation for "people living alone".

Interesting. Legault gave examples on necessary situations only
Thanks

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Is this supposed to be an argument that it isn’t highly contagious? lol

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Has this actually been proven? Because they've gone back and forth on this, it's obvious they just don't know.
At first they said like 80% is asymptomatic, then they found most people actually do have symptoms, the problem is they're asymptomatic early on when they can start spreading it, but most end up with symptoms.

Yes they did, including me. We all saw our parents who are 70+.

I posted links from jails/private companies a few days ago. Most showed 95%-ish asymptomatic.

The death rate for young, healthy people is incredibly low. Why? Because they don't have bad symptoms. A little sick for a couple of days.

When seeing parents who were 70+, was there a risk of transfer or did you socially distance and wear masks, etc?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I hope the fish is Covid free.

120386028_10159103852213694_2384774038996296048_n.jpg

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
What time do bars stop serving alcohol? 11 or 12? I want to get a few last pints in lol

Edit:oh wait nvm they closing thursday

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I posted links from jails/private companies a few days ago. Most showed 95%-ish asymptomatic.

You mentioned this before and I posted an article where they are now walking that back. They were asymptomatic when they got tested, but they went on to develop symptoms later.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
You mentioned this before and I posted an article where they are now walking that back. They were asymptomatic when they got tested, but they went on to develop symptoms later.
Yeah there’s always been a giant confusion of presymptomatic / asymptomatic.

there are asymptomatic carriers though but it’s not age related, most things seem to point to t-cells being the cause of this (exposure to a previous coronavirus cold reducing symptoms) but someone with more knowledge on it can elaborate or correct me.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Is this supposed to be an argument that it isn’t highly contagious? lol
No. Point is maybe not all gatherings should be judged equally. Is there 200 random people dancing salsa in a park? Like when that happened and cases popped up from it. Or is it the same group of 6 friends who are mostly seeing each other not being in each other's faces and keeping some distance?...There's a big difference between the two.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

The death rate for young, healthy people is incredibly low. Why? Because they don't have bad symptoms. A little sick for a couple of days.

When seeing parents who were 70+, was there a risk of transfer or did you socially distance and wear masks, etc?

Not social distancing nor masks, but not trying to get my face close to theirs either. Normal behavior, in the kitchen, talking, passing by one another, sometimes a hug.
When my parents would see the grandchildren, they can't not hug or kiss the kids, it's a risk they'll take.

I had read the 95% in jail asymptomatic, which is quite odd. That stat seems very fishy and unreliable.

From the CDC, it varies from 10-70%, their best estimate as of now is 40%.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Take it one step further. I feel bad for anybody who's going to be impacted by COVID because others were too selfish to care.

The selfish people have been acting selfish from the start and are going to keep doing it. I don't think they're the reasons why there's a 2nd wave.
Matter of fact, experts predicted a second wave before we reached the peak of the first one. They could even pinpoint that it would happen around September in fall. So...why is that?
They predicted this and still couldn't prevent it. Why? The biggest change to me is schools reopening.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The selfish people have been acting selfish from the start and are going to keep doing it. I don't think they're the reasons why there's a 2nd wave.
Matter of fact, experts predicted a second wave before we reached the peak of the first one. They could even pinpoint that it would happen around September in fall. So...why is that?
They predicted this and still couldn't prevent it. Why? The biggest change to me is schools reopening.

I don't think it's as cut and dried as being selfish or not selfish. I do agree that people that were selfish at the start, are still selfish, but I also think that a lot of people that were careful at the start gradually started being less careful and started letting their guard down...Some may not have even noticed it. People started doing what they were doing before. Getting together with their whole family, big groups of friends for BBQs, weddings with 100+ people, people drinking and being super close with each other. I wouldn't flat out blame it on the schools reopening, as I do think this second wave would have come eventually.

Reactions: llamateizer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad