OT: Covid-19 (Part 28) Stop Making Sense (Mod warning on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Some good doggie news. Cactus Jack will be in Portland on Friday the 11th at 4:00 PM. Straight from Texas. I cleaned and washed the car today. I have bought dog covers for the right front seat and for the back. I will take a week vacation and hopefully do some bonding. If everything goes well, maybe a night trip to the higher desert or to Lost Lake to watch stars without light pollution. The Milky Way is amazing to look at. Unless the forest fires go out of control, it's getting bad and high winds and over 90 degrees is a bad combination.

View attachment 366311
He looks worried. Is he an activist dog? :laugh:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
@Per Sjoblom

What's going in Sweden?
]

I am only responsible for Swedish hockey players, and of those only the elite. :) I don't understand how they got it so extremely wrong when it comes to Covid. The wrong experts were leading and everyone in power followed them?
I will probably go to my grave with this, it's like bizarro world! Sweden which has been basically the teacher's pet when it comes to follow UN and other international organizations suddenly got a dose of red kryptonite. The thing is though that they keep doing it, nobody says: "OK, we have about as many dead per capita as Brazil and the US who are run by crazy people, should we really stay the course?"
Man to be put together with Trump and Bolsonaro must be hard for them. :)

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I keep hearing conflicting stuff about Sweden. Like at one website, they said Sweden was Covid-free and that the school for children opened without any mask for any kids, etc...I was like what type of magical powers they have over there. I know that Sweden has an excellent health system but still....Then I heard they have many deaths per capita.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The schools will lead to a little spike but I'm thinking indoor parties, gatherings and terraces closing will spread the virus more as we get closer and closer to winter. It's pretty insane how fast the temperature dropped in the last 2 weeks.

That is my fear as well. I'm hoping for people to do things outdoor this winter, do a lot skiing in the woods, folks. And avoid in-house parties.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
So today is day 18 that I’ve been feeling horrible. Extremely weak, tired, body aches, slow reactions, low appetite, fast heartbeat, headaches. Last few days also my thighs and legs feel really sore and heavy can barely walk. Only time I feel “good” is if I’m taking Tylenol. Went to ER on Friday evening did a bunch of tests and found nothing. Did Covid test also but still waiting for results and it’s stressing me out. I’m really at a loss here. It’s starting to worry the heck out of me as I’ve never been this sick for so long without progressing or feeling better. Usually when I have these symptoms I also have congestion runny nose sneezing etc and it would usually go away after 10 days max. I am hoping it’s not Covid, but if it’s not, what the heck can it be?
Wow. 18 days of symptoms could be anything from a bad flu, to pneumonia, to an infection, all of which should be easily treatable once it's diagnosed. The not-knowing is probably the worst part. If it's not Covid, you need to follow up with your doctor.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 11.34.23 AM.png

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
You can see the size of some of the fires in this satellite shot, it's a bit scary, good that people have masks. I am worried that the dog transport with my Cactus Jack will be affected. I emailed the rescue and warned them to be prepared. They will leave TX tomorrow.

download-12.png

malden-wildfire-c-09072020-pullman-radio.jpg

Reactions: Runner77

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Today on Bloomberg's Global News they said 260,000

260 is still the official number of cases directly linked to Sturgis.

260k is the cases linked to it by a study, not the number of infection that happened there. It counts every infection tree that passed by Sturgis.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad