OT: Covid-19 (Part 28) Stop Making Sense (Mod warning on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
And his is why we need to be careful about vaccines....
Not a good news.

Like I have been saying since the beginning..... Biggest issue with vaccines is that you are giving that to healthy people. You can't risk making people more sick than if they received nothing. It has to be bulletproof safe. That won't happen before mid 2021 at the earliest (and I'm generous), giving other issues such as mass production etc.

If that virus was making people drop like flies then we could think less about safety. But it is not doing that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Vaccine makers saying they won't be rushed -- however, it remains to be seen if their actions comply with the pledge they've taken.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Meantime in California ...

This clip is particularly daunting:

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
And his is why we need to be careful about vaccines....
Not a good news.

Calm down. Phase 3 is mass vaccination. It is standard protocol to pause trials when an unexplained illness arises in a subject. Most immunologist said this happens regularly in mass trials and most of the time the illness is unrelated to the vaccination.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Calm down. Phase 3 is mass vaccination. It is standard protocol to pause trials when an unexplained illness arises in a subject. Most immunologist said this happens regularly in mass trials and most of the time the illness is unrelated to the vaccination.

Yeah, I know all of that.....still not a good news since it was the most advanced vaccine out there.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Yeah, I know all of that.....still not a good news since it was the most advanced vaccine out there.

It's no news really and shouldn't affect the timeline all that much. When you do human trials with tens of thousands of people, some are bound to get an illness by chance. This all needs to be investigated to make sure it is not caused by the vaccine.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 12.13.30 PM.png

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
So I took the Covid test last Friday and still didn’t get results. I call the number and it’s automated message saying that there is increased testing demand and not to leave voicemail unless 7 days have passed.

I really thought that testing and result time would have decreased by now?? It’s fine I am still quarantining myself but this is just really stressful.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
So I took the Covid test last Friday and still didn’t get results. I call the number and it’s automated message saying that there is increased testing demand and not to leave voicemail unless 7 days have passed.

I really thought that testing and result time would have decreased by now?? It’s fine I am still quarantining myself but this is just really stressful.

There is a surge in demand due to schools reopening, still not sure how a week to get a result is considered acceptable for something like this.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
WE HAVE DOUBLED!

We last doubled on May 3rd at 32k cases. Today September 9th, we have hit over 64k cases. Took 4 months to double the number of cases.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal

Are you in MTL? Everyone i know are getting results in 2 days. Some of my friends got tested last week.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Meantime in California ...

This clip is particularly daunting:

"This is what a climate crisis looks like. It’s time to stop the delays, it’s time to act!"

Unfortunately, it's too late. For the past 2 years, I have been saying in my best C3PO voice "we are doomed". We can't reverse it, even if we start today. Even if we were to stop all CO2 emissions tomorrow there is enough in the atmosphere to continue the process for decades.

Governments don't care, especially in the USA. "Economics"! Remember when Trump was saying, " the cure can't be worse than the cause". That also apply to global environment crisis, trust me about that. That is why you don't really see anything concrete done about it. And that won't change.

I'm sad for my children. I won't be there to see it but they will.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
my biggest concern is Trump. Yes Canada has made deals with many US co. for the vaccine if and when. Don't you remember how Trump ordered the masks stopped at the border and returned to the US use leaving Canada OUT of masks. WHat do you thing Trump will do to STOP Canadians getting millions of vaccines en-route to the border with his USA FIRST and to HELL for the people of Canada.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
Weird but Laval is classified as yellow already. Are you feeling symptoms?
Yup I know that’s why I don’t understand the long delay. I was told it’s because of the reopening of the schools. Could just be that the hospital where I did it happens to do a lot of tests? Not sure.

yes I’ve had symptoms for the last 3 weeks but thankfully been feeling much better the last 3-4 days. No cough, congestion or fever either. Could’ve been just a really bad strain of flu, we’ll see I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad