OT: Covid-19 (Part 28) Stop Making Sense (Mod warning on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Montreal (July 28th)

- CASES -
July 20th: 28,075 (+75)
July 21st: 28,167 (+92)
July 22nd: 28,228 (+61)
July 23rd: 28,274 (+46)
July 24th: 28,340 (+66)
July 25th: 28,425 (+85)
July 26th: 28,475 (+50)
July 27th: 28,520 (+45)
July 28th: 28,608 (+88)

- DEATHS -
July 20th: 3,434 (+0)
July 21st: 3,434 (+0)
July 22nd: 3,434 (+0)
July 23rd: 3,434 (+0)
July 24th: 3,434 (+0)
July 25th: 3,434 (+0)
July 26th: 3,434 (+0)
July 27th: 3,434 (+0)
July 28th: 3,434 (+0)

Reactions: llamateizer

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Who here expects a "revision" on August 1st with like 20+ deaths?

I kinda do. With the 150+ cases per day for quite a while, it's weird to see such little deaths.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

I kinda do. With the 150+ cases per day for quite a while, it's weird to see such little deaths.

No it's not. The people who are infected are in the 20-40 range, so a lot less complications. This disease really killed the old and/or already dying.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It's possible.

In June, they were updating retroactive deaths daily. So they avoided having that final day where there is a big jump in deaths, like the month before, there was 200+ deaths that were added retroactively once.

I'm curious to see if the retroactive deaths are done monthly again or if there aren't any issues.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I mean everyone knows at this point that masks are extremely important. It's too bad we didn't do it from the start and it took the government too long to realize, but it's not too late now. They are vital and will be the way to beat this disease.

Anyone who doesn't wear a mask deserves criminal punishment. I have zero issues with pepper spraying them directly in their bare face if they are indoors in public with no mask. That's what you get you dumb f***ing piece of shit.

Reactions: zx81

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I mean everyone knows at this point that masks are extremely important. It's too bad we didn't do it from the start and it took the government too long to realize, but it's not too late now. They are vital and will be the way to beat this disease.

Anyone who doesn't wear a mask deserves criminal punishment. I have zero issues with pepper spraying them directly in their bare face if they are indoors in public with no mask. That's what you get you dumb f***ing piece of shit.

I remember a few months ago how a lot of users wanted an N95 mask and nothing else.

Now, we seem to just have settled for almost any face covering. Some of the reusables have no filter, some are made of ultra thin materials or just provide a fashionable look but without any indication as to their properties.

Are we just now valuing a lowest common denominator that involves as many people as possible wearing them, without regard to what they’re wearing?

Also, seeing way too many in stores not wearing their masks properly, esp. with their noses not covered. And that includes store personnel.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
The correlation between symptoms severity and the level of exposure to the virus would absolutely make sense. That might be why many CHSLD and health workers had it worst than most of the population of their own age at the peak of this pandemic.

Hence why even a vaccine working at reducing viral load by 50% would be a win as it would absolutely lead to less severe outcomes.

Reactions: MXD

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I remember a few months ago how a lot of users wanted an N95 mask and nothing else.

Now, we seem to just have settled for almost any face covering. Some of the reusables have no filter, some are made of ultra thin materials or just provide a fashionable look but without any indication as to their properties.

Are we just now valuing a lowest common denominator that involves as many people as possible wearing them, without regard to what they’re wearing?

Also, seeing way too many in stores not wearing their masks properly, esp. with their noses not covered. And that includes store personnel.

I agree with you, but at the same time something is better than nothing.

Way too many people wearing the masks wrong but this can be corrected. They aren't against wearing the mask, they don't have that mental deficiency, so they can be taught and will be open to it.

Those with the brain defect who refuse to wear a mask are a different story, unfortunately.

As for mask types, I believe that any 2 layer fabric mask is good enough to make a huge difference. I have a 2 layer fabric mask where I would need to blow really hard to make a candle go out while wearing the mask. To me that's pretty good.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-7-28_12-39-11.png

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

No worse than the two with the "questionable" symbol on their masks. Deserves to be locked up right away.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm in NS so we have no active cases and as such, I haven't needed to wear a mask and have been very very diligent about social distancing. I did have to use my mask when the f***ing police released a chemical pepper agent in my apartment building and it was f***ing me and my cats up, it helped when I went out into the main area.

So if it can provide a barrier against a f***ing chemical agent, it can do wonders against some droplets.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I agree with you, but at the same time something is better than nothing.

Way too many people wearing the masks wrong but this can be corrected. They aren't against wearing the mask, they don't have that mental deficiency, so they can be taught and will be open to it.

Those with the brain defect who refuse to wear a mask are a different story, unfortunately.

As for mask types, I believe that any 2 layer fabric mask is good enough to make a huge difference. I have a 2 layer fabric mask where I would need to blow really hard to make a candle go out while wearing the mask. To me that's pretty good.

That’s a fair point. Getting as many as possible to wear it is still a benefit and you can ward off the shortcomings of their masks by adding social distancing to the mix.

As for people wearing their mask wrong, who is going to tell them? People tend to lose their shit when being suggested anything about masks, in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->