OT: Covid-19 (Part 24) Reunited

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Even the Atlanta cops escalated this situation by trying to arrest him. They did not have to, he offered to walk to his sister's home and leave his car. They have total leeway when it comes to this sort of thing, they did not need to arrest him just because he was asleep drunk in his car.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Why do you just assume nothing the cops said could have escalated things? The cops on so many of these videos do such a poor job of de-escalating tension.

Unfortunate they cut the part leading up to it but I saw the full video on IG. The guy does nothing, he gets irritated with the cops because they can't give him an answer as to why he was pulled over and then the woman officer pulls her gun out for no reason at all.
And then you wonder why people run...

The cop point a gun on the guy for no reason, that's escalating things.

This situation in the video has nothing to do with the one we are talking about. In this video, the cop is in the wrong from the beginning to the end. This guy is not drunk, he was stopped for no reason... Why do you compare these two situations ? It's apple and orange.

What actions the cops did that escalated things ? Because as soon as the cop tried to handcuff the suspect for DUI, the guy became violent, apparently he was on probation...

He didn't turn into Hulk.

It was a hyperbole...

The mistakes were 1) failing to neutralize the suspect, 2) losing a weapon,

Blame it on the cops, I won't do that.

3) shooting him in the back.

Now it's the police's fault that the moron turned his back too quickly...

The guy used a deadly weapon on the cop, the fact that he turned his back to the cop won't prevent him from being shot. When the cop reached for his gun, the suspect was aiming toward him and the decision to shot was made, the genius turned rapidly to continue to run, got shot in the back.

If you shot toward someone who is shooting you and he turns his back, how is that your fault ?

What is next ? You will blame the cops because they tried to arrest him ?

The fact you see nothing wrong here is troublesome.

The fact you want to blame the cops for this is alarming.

Ya ya, the guy was a moron, still, they messed up as well. Not sure why you have to give 100% of the blame on the victim here. Cops also played their part, hence the firing, resignation and suspension of 3 officers.

You know the context, they want to avoid more riots, they even charged the cops before the end of the investigations... The cops are not guilty yet.

How the hell do you know? Do you have a full transcript of their conversation?

Because we have the full video.

Not like they did that's for sure.

What changes they could have made ?

Reactions: cphabs

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal

This situation in the video has nothing to do with the one we are talking about. In this video, the cop is in the wrong from the beginning to the end. This guy is not drunk, he was stopped for no reason... Why do you compare these two situations ? It's apple and orange.

What actions the cops did that escalated things ? Because as soon as the cop tried to handcuff the suspect for DUI, the guy became violent, apparently he was on probation...

It was a hyperbole...

The guy used a deadly weapon on the cop, the fact that he turned his back to the cop won't prevent him from being shot. When the cop reached for his gun, the suspect was aiming toward him and the decision to shot was made, the genius turned rapidly to continue to run, got shot in the back.

If you shot toward someone who is shooting you and he turns his back, how is that your fault ?

You know the context, they want to avoid more riots, they even charged the cops before the end of the investigations... The cops are not guilty yet.

He was sleeping in his car and ended up dead. End of story.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Even the Atlanta cops escalated this situation by trying to arrest him. They did not have to, he offered to walk to his sister's home and leave his car. They have total leeway when it comes to this sort of thing, they did not need to arrest him just because he was asleep drunk in his car.

:laugh:

The guy was DUI and was apparently on probation, what is wrong with you ?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
APD training manual says they can use deadly force when: "He or she reasonably believes that the suspect possesses a deadly weapon or any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury and when he or she reasonably believes that the suspect poses an immediate threat of serious bodily injury to the officer or others."

Again, discharged taser is going to be a stretch to justify. Did he think he was going to chuck it at him?
There’s your answer! The same DA claimed that tasers were lethal! Seems the narrative has changed lmfao.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
He was sleeping in his car and ended up dead. End of story.

No wonder you think he's a victim... The guy was on 1.08%, the limit is .08%. He was behind the car, you can reasonably assume that he was driving and passed out... Wendy's does not sell alcohol.

He ended up dead, because he used a deadly weapon on the cop.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
No wonder you think he's a victim... The guy was on 1.08%, the limit is .08%. He was behind the car, you can reasonably assume that he was driving and passed out... Wendy's does not sell alcohol.

He ended up dead, because he used a deadly weapon on the cop.
He discharged a taser which is less than lethal. He had one shot, missed, ran away and got shot in the back. You’re alone on your island bud.

Reactions: ECWHSWI

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
You declared cops to be sociopaths and narcissists (more than once), so either 1) Back it up; 2) Have the courtesy to say it was an exaggeration; or 3) Don't make that characterization in the first place.

And now you're expecting ME to back up the claim YOU made. Seriously...?

Nope I've never said this. You yet again reframed what I said.

I won't answer for something i haven't said. If you can properly manage to ask a question from something I actually said, I'll gladly answer.

There's a huge disconnect in someone's head when they can't make the difference, understanding the nuances between saying things like prevalence and hotbed, compared to complete generalizations like the one you dishonestly ascribed to me.

Ever read about the role of dominance in psychopathy and narcissism? Just curious.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
You know that stress greatly reduces immunity efficiency? That's why they give stress hormones to people with auto-immune disorders.

Whether he was below 40 and in good shape is flipped over by the stress he might've lived working in a very stressful environment as people dying left and right is a huge emotional stress for anyone with proper empathic development.

Stress is one of the reasons people in middle-lifd grow cancers even though they're still relatively young and in good shape.

Yes I know that.

But, it is not the case here.

Around 30 employee from their department volunteers to go work during 1 month in CHSLD in one of the worst hit in MTL, my wife included.

Out of 30 only 6 did not catch it. Most of them caught it the first few days. That thing was spreading like wildfire...nothing to do with stress.

That guy case is not unique. This virus is really weird and there is plenty we don’t know. You can’t simply downplay the consequences and make a link with stress. What you’re saying could be truth, but it is much more likely that this virus affect some people in some way we don’t understand yet.

All I was saying basically is Covid can’t be compare to a common flu. The consequences can be much much worse even for healthy adult. There is simply no denying to that....

I’m not freaking out about it, just saying we still need to be careful while we open everything.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
He discharged a taser which is less than lethal. He had one shot, missed, ran away and got shot in the back. You’re alone on your island bud.

I'm not the one on Hf Habs who think this and even if it were the case, it does not mean that I'm wrong.

It's not less than lethal, it's less lethal than a gun, but it's still lethal... In Georgia it's considered a firearm.

Per Georgia Law, a taser is classified as a “less-lethal” FIREARM as they do occasionally cause death.
(OCGA 16-11-106)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You guys will have a field day with last night's killing of a 18 year old black security guard.

I posted it earlier and it was breezed by.

The discussion now is on tasers..

Well, if you try to use a taser on a cop, they'll say its a deadly weapon. But if you ask a cop about a taser, they will say its not. Because they want to keep using them on peaceful protesters.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I'm not the one on Hf Habs who think this and even if it were the case, it does not mean that I'm wrong.

It's not less than lethal, it's less lethal than a gun, but it's still lethal... In Georgia it's considered a firearm.

Per Georgia Law, a taser is classified as a “less-lethal” FIREARM as they do occasionally cause death.
(OCGA 16-11-106)
It doesn’t even matter. Shooting someone running away with a spent taser is completely irrational.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
MADD doesn't believe that choosing not to arrest people in that situation is a viable option.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

The cop is baiting this guy into taking this breathalyzer, even when the guy admitted he drank, he tells him he doesn't know what the test is and it's pretty obvious from his demeanor the man is just scared and doesn't want to get slapped with handcuffs.

It was a hyperbole...
You don't say....I thought you meant he literally turned into hulk...

Of course you won't.

A simple case of a man sleeping turns into a 45 min discussion and a deadly shooting....but sure, this was handled brilliantly!

Hey genius, one of them was fired, the other suspended and their chief resigned. So you might want to rethink your ''cops are irreproachable'' stance here.
And apparently they kicked him after he was on the ground shot, and they waited 2 minutes before first aid?? I guess that's all good too.

So every cop who shoots a black person will have to be fired now? Even when they've done nothing wrong as you believe?? That makes sense.
Free ride for black people then? Guilty or not, the cop will be fired. Sure...:facepalm:

Not sure how you can watch this and think the cops did a great job.

For one, not insist on the breath test, clearly the man was uncomfortable with it and didn't know what it meant if the result didn't go his way. As soon as the results are out , they try to put the cuffs on him without telling him what they're doing.
The guy wasn't dangerous, they could have simply drove him home or bring him to his sisters.
His car is parked, he was at his daughter's bday so he had some drinks, ya drinking and driving is terrible but he's no longer doing it now, what's so bad about a little leniency and compassion?
No no you're right. He must be arrested or killed.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Is there such a thing as a "Premium" Lightlager?

Exactly!:eek::)

upload_2020-6-19_13-19-34.jpeg

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Last 24 hours there were 150,000 catching the Covid 19 around the world!

In Sweden there won't be any numbers for the last 24 hours due to the Midsummer weekend. That is when Swedes gather, drink themselves blind, dance around the Maypole and devour US tourists like in this documentary:sarcasm:

upload_2020-6-19_10-41-5.jpeg

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Nope I've never said this. You yet again reframed what I said.

I won't answer for something i haven't said.

Yes, you did say it. You drew a direct link between police and sociopaths here:
That's why policemen rate several times higher than the general population for narcissistic personality disorder. It's also in the top ten list of jobs that fit sociopaths and psychopaths.
And here, replying to my post discussing police character traits:
Not really. It's as if you're saying only narssicists and sociopaths are the only ones with courage and motivation to do that.
And here:
1- whether you want to admit it to yourself or not, police agencies are a hotbed for sociopaths. It's not just a few bad apples.
And the latest copout:

There's a huge disconnect in someone's head when they can't make the difference, understanding the nuances between saying things like prevalence and hotbed, compared to complete generalizations like the one you dishonestly ascribed to me.

Ever read about the role of dominance in psychopathy and narcissism? Just curious.
Too bad we didn't keep our discussion to the dominance/narcissism angle, because it's an interesting topic. Yeah, I have read about it, but it's been a lonnnggg time and it had to do with politicians, not police. Unfortunately, we can't talk politics, but we'd probably agree that there's an interesting overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad