OT: Covid-19 (Part 21) Come Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
This was your last post since the gathering all ok?
Hi, man. Yes, hahahaha! All is good. Didn't have time to post. But I lurked.

Outaouais has gone a bit bad. Résidences La Gappe, which is a private old folks home (pretty expensive one, condo-like building) is a shitshow right now : 25 cases, including many employees. I suspect last Mother's Day is the cause.

Here, at work, some say we will be opening some offices in about 2 weeks to a month. They want to bring 30% of the workforce back. I doubt 30% of the employees will want to get back to work in the office.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What do you think of the inside of this Mercedes?

Too white? I don't think I've ever seen a white steering wheel before. I kinda like it. With the grey it really glows.

2021-mercedes-benz-e450-e-class-cabriolet-convertible-9.jpg

Did you break into the car of one of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hi, man. Yes, hahahaha! All is good. Didn't have time to post. But I lurked.

Outaouais has gone a bit bad. Résidences La Gappe, which is a private old folks home (pretty expensive one, condo-like building) is a shitshow right now : 25 cases, including many employees. I suspect last Mother's Day is the cause.

Here, at work, some say we will be opening some offices in about 2 weeks to a month. They want to bring 30% of the workforce back. I doubt 30% of the employees will want to get back to work in the office.

L’Outaouais was doing so good at one point.

What do you attribute that to? Undetected cases at the time?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That's not going to work everywhere. There's zero chance everyone follows rules like that in Quebec, guaranteed.

I mean..I'm pretty sure there are rulebreakers everywhere, including in SF.
Most people would respect this, I don't see why not. I went to Westmount park on sunday and it was pretty much that. Just make the circles a little bigger to allow more friends to be together and you're good.
In NDG yesterday, people respecting distancing while in line at Starbucks and DQ.
Grabbed an iced latte from Starbucks, they allow one person at a time to come in where they meet you behind a plexiglass screen by the entrance. They take your order, your card/cash, go in...come back with receipt and drink. Half the people were wearing masks outside in line.

People and businesses are not as careless as you seem to think.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
We've now reached 20 days with no new confirmed cases here in NL. We currently have 2 active cases with 1 in hospital and 1 at home recovering.

While this is great news the province received some terrible news yesterday with the loss of 4 crab fishermen to the sea. They have recovered 3 of the fishermen who were all from the same family (father, son, and nephew) while the other fishermen is still missing. :( Condolences to all affected.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
We've now reached 20 days with no new confirmed cases here in NL. We currently have 2 active cases with 1 in hospital and 1 at home recovering.

While this is great news the province received some terrible news yesterday with the loss of 4 crab fishermen to the sea. They have recovered 3 of the fishermen who were all from the same family (father, son, and nephew) while the other fishermen is still missing. :( Condolences to all affected.
So sad, especially since this was already going to be a difficult season for the industry. My sympathies to all.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I mean..I'm pretty sure there are rulebreakers everywhere, including in SF.
Most people would respect this, I don't see why not. I went to Westmount park on sunday and it was pretty much that. Just make the circles a little bigger to allow more friends to be together and you're good.
Uh yeh, anyone that’s been to SF knows it’s far from the clean city that that one picture portrays. I’ve never seen so many human feces and needles on the ground.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
541 new cases today
89 deaths ( how many in the last 24 hours no clue)
223 new cases in Montréal
Icu up 3
hospitlizations down (25 less)

Does it really matters how many deaths in the last 24Hrs?

I hate when Legault used that excuses lately cause they tried to make it look better to save their asses…..
Only 39 deaths today, great day
Well, there's 85 deaths today but only 48 in the last 24hrs, so it's not bad

Which mean, the "great day" of 39 deaths was not a great day after all cause those uncounted deaths comes from someday which look good back then.

Quebec has now 497 deaths per millions people
USA has 304 deaths per millions people

Can't get out of my head that Legault said in the beginning of this pandemic that they should be judge by the number of deaths and not the numbers of cases. Well, we're one of the worst place in the world

Reactions: CrAzYNiNe

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Montreal (27th May)

- Cases -
18th May: 22,028
19th May: 22,317
20th May: 22,636
21st May: 23,064
22nd May: 23,413
23rd May: 23,696
24th May: 23,918 (+222)
25th May: 24,116 (+198)
26th May: 24,388 (+272)
27th May: 24,611 (+223)

- Deaths -
18th May: 2,296
19th May: 2,323
20th May: 2,367
21st May: 2,411
22nd May: 2,454
23rd May: 2,508
24th May: 2,538 (+30)
25th May: 2,558 (+20)
26th May: 2,584 (+26)
27th May: 2,624 (+40)

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal

I hate when Legault used that excuses lately cause they tried to make it look better to save their asses…..

Which mean, the "great day" of 39 deaths was not a great day after all cause those uncounted deaths comes from someday which look good back then.

Can't get out of my head that Legault said in the beginning of this pandemic that they should be judge by the number of deaths and not the numbers of cases. Well, we're one of the worst place in the world
If you are going to compare Quebec to the USA it would seem better to compare Canada to the USA or NYC to Quebec? That’s just sensational number crunching.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
L’Outaouais was doing so good at one point.

What do you attribute that to? Undetected cases at the time?
Carelessness.

Now, because local media has been panicking, people seem to be more prudent (60-70% of people wearing masks at the Metro just about 10 minutes ago). But for very long, nothing was happening and people were careless. I wrote about it here.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

People need to stop the comparisons. For all we know, Qc overshoots the number of COVID related deaths and the USA undershoots them. We just don't know.
It's going to take a long time before really knowing which places were truly hit the worst and even then, we might never know.

Personally, if our cases are around 500-600 despite increased testing I'm happy, if this doesn't go up after starting to deconfine, I'll be very encouraged.

Reactions: Braun

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
People need to stop the comparisons. For all we know, Qc overshoots the number of COVID related deaths and the USA undershoots them. We just don't know.
It's going to take a long time before really knowing which places were truly hit the worst and even then, we might never know.

Personally, if our cases are around 500-600 despite increased testing I'm happy, if this doesn't go up after starting to deconfine, I'll be very encouraged.
Exactly. We are comparing numbers that aren’t even calculated in the same way and often are probably under reported elsewhere. I’ve been saying this since the beginning.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Carelessness.

Now, because local media has been panicking, people seem to be more prudent (60-70% of people wearing masks at the Metro just about 10 minutes ago). But for very long, nothing was happening and people were careless. I wrote about it here.

They need to keep hitting that nail on the head. Keep giving them away at metro stops, keep promoting local brands that develop them, etc...more and more people are wearing masks so it's helping.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If you are going to compare Quebec to the USA it would seem better to compare Canada to the USA or NYC to Quebec? That’s just sensational number crunching.

Hmmmm okay.....but does that change anything to the fact that enough is enough at some point?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Let's hope you are encourage.....500-600 cases a day means 50,000 minimum in the next 3 months (Told you that) if the numbers of cases doesn't drop. We'll see.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Exactly. We are comparing numbers that aren’t even calculated in the same way and often are probably under reported elsewhere. I’ve been saying this since the beginning.
I think at some point Legault said any death coming from CHSLDs is automatically counted as COVID related. Not sure but for some reason I have this in my head.
He definitely did say though the way they counted the cases was assuming anyone showing symptoms who's been in contact with someone positive was right away classified as positive as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00