OT: Covid-19 (Part 21) Come Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
What do you think of the inside of this Mercedes?

Too white? I don't think I've ever seen a white steering wheel before. I kinda like it. With the grey it really glows.

2021-mercedes-benz-e450-e-class-cabriolet-convertible-9.jpg

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
To be honest, I'm pretty sure I can't get tested if I don't have any symptoms
I got tested monday and didnt have any symptoms. Had to get tested because some guy came to fix our printer at work and called in telling us he caught the virus.

So we had to get tested because we were in direct contact with him and no masks or equipment.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I got tested monday and didnt have any symptoms. Had to get tested because some guy came to fix our printer at work and called in telling us he caught the virus.

So we had to get tested because we were in direct contact with him and no masks or equipment.
Exactly. They test if you've been contact with a confirmed case OR symptomatic. You can't just walk in a clinic and ask for a test.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Someone who is immunized... can he become contagious again?

The more time goes by, the more they're convinced there's some kind of immunity following the disease. How long that immunity lasts is still up in the air. It might be one year, in which case a vaccine will have to be given every year.

You can still transmit the disease though, but not biologically. The virus would have to be passed after you touched a contaminated surface and then touch someone with your hands, who then would touch his nose/face without washing his hands. It's very unlikely, but still possible.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

What do you mean?

If you are asking can a person that got infected and cleared the virus transmit it, no.

If you are asking can a vaccinated person transmit it, no.

If you are asking can a person that got infected and cleared the virus catch it again and transmit it, maybe.

Reactions: llamateizer

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal

Is it known that people that already had the virus have some immunity in the short term (1-2 months). It is not yet known if this immunity fades after a certain amount of time. The virus is too novel to know exactly. Will it be like influenza, in which a new vaccine would be needed every year or will it be like smallpox, in which one vaccine in a lifetime is enough?

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
The more time goes by, the more they're convinced there's some kind of immunity following the disease. How long that immunity lasts is still up in the air. It might be one year, in which case a vaccine will have to be given every year.

You can still transmit the disease though, but not biologically. The virus would have to be passed after you touched a contaminated surface and then touch someone with your hands, who then would touch his nose/face without washing his hands. It's very unlikely, but still possible.

The thing with immunized people, even if they do catch the virus, they can't really transmit it because the virus cannot replicate inside that person (due to the antibodies). So the viral load would be too little to infect anyone else.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
What do you mean?

If you are asking can a person that got infected and cleared the virus transmit it, no.

If you are asking can a vaccinated person transmit it, no.

If you are asking can a person that got infected and cleared the virus catch it again and transmit it, maybe.

The 3rd one
My friend got the covid and got cleared.

I take the same precaution as someone who didn't get infected.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The 3rd one
My friend got the covid and got cleared.

I take the same precaution as someone who didn't get infected.

We don't know yet if you are immune or not, still not enough information on that. But, mostly likely, it seems like you do maintain at least a bit of immunity following a period of infection.

If we knew for sure that would be on every front page.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That's not going to work everywhere. There's zero chance everyone follows rules like that in Quebec, guaranteed.
It's not Quebecers who are worse, it's the Québec government. Our leaders have shown zero initiative; they implement the cheapest, easiest measures and call it a day. They're complacent and make decisions based on popularity, so it's no surprise our population follows that lead. We're as capable of following rules as anyone, but nobody at the top is giving us a compelling reason to do so.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
541 new cases today
89 deaths ( how many in the last 24 hours no clue)
223 new cases in Montréal
Icu up 3
hospitlizations down (25 less)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad