OT: Covid-19 (Part 21) Come Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You do realize that hospitalization cost a shitload of money in our economy, right?
Might look free to us, but it's not…..especially since we just gave them a shitload more money than usual to help our healthcare system to survive.
Not sure if serious. Hospitalization has its price tag but it's not remotely close to causing a great depression.

Yes Governement can clean up beds….but that also means that those needed surgeries won't get them. It also means that it will cost more money and like the government said that although they have free beds, they don't have the staffs to be able to used them.
As important as this is, it's not enough of a good reason to risk one a great depression.
So no, i'm not sweeping the economy under the rug at all. You think the economy is only businesses but it's not.
If we close down again, guess what….it will cost a shitload more money to all of us and hurt the economy.
You kinda are though...
We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Remaining closed because you're fearing having to do another lockdown is not a proactive or smart strategy. It's a bad argument mate.
I'd also point out we are much much much better prepared if we have to cut back. It is no longer a ''new'' virus.

Depression, anxiety and domestic violence will all get a lot worst if we close down again.
You look at those things as important, and they are…..but they are far behind the problems we'll have if we keep filling up our hospitals cause we're talking about surgeries not being perform, heart problem are also on the rise right now because of this.

So..domestic violence will get worse if we go back in lockdown..so the solution is...to not open in the first place?? That makes...sense.

And honestly….it's the worst pandemic in more than a 100 years so we won't get out of it with full of happiness in our little heart and money full in our pockets. There will be side effect one way or the other.

You seems to think : "Great we're reopening and we are going to open more and more and it's impossible for them to turn back and go back into a lockdown" but it's far from the truth and they said it about everyday.

They won't hesitate one second if the healthcare system can't deal with another rush of cases.

As for other other countries, most of those i took test more than we do and in some case a lot more so i don't think a positive is suddenly not a positive case in their country.

You said it, nothing will be perfect, but deaths will happen. I'm very aware opening might lead to pulling back and another lockdown. I've mentioned how it's happened in many countries. It happened in Hong Kong, they went back into a lockdown for 2 weeks and then people went back to work.
You seem to think we'll open...it could lead to a lockdown...and if it does then we're back to months of confinement. That's not necessarily how it will go down and suggesting we should remain closed because of this uncertainty is just unrealistic at this point.
As cold and sad as it is to say, people will get over deaths rather quickly...an economical collapse though...that could take decades.
Don't get me wrong….i'm all for opening up as long as it's being done the right way with a long term viability in the project.
Many countries are showing us the way and we keep a blind eye to it and that's where i have a problem.
Government is pushing for masks more and more. They don't want to make it mandatory because of BS socio-political reason..it's dumb but fine, at least they're pushing for it way more now.
Social distancing is still being strongly advised as well and of course hand washing.
Businesses will have to decide for themselves how to set up their establishments, as is the case worldwide.
I've spoken to my barber and he told me they're waiting for directives and recommendations from the CNESST.

Things are being planned as we speak. There is no guidebook for this, everyone is figuring it out on the go. It's no different here. It's not a free for all man. Take a breath.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Get ready to start groovin' up slowly.

No offense,but I listen to my ma.

images

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
What I'm hearing from people I know in China doesn't sound good. The latest outbreak there seems that it manifests itself differently from the original one.

The "good" news is that China knows that the world's eyes are on them. They're implementing draconian measures in order to try and contain it.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
What I'm hearing from people I know in China doesn't sound good. The latest outbreak there seems that it manifests itself differently from the original one.

As in symptoms? It no longer carries typical coronovirus style symptoms/problems?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
how different?
7-14 days seems to be no longer a period of time sufficient enough to determine an asymptomatic carrier.

I was told people have been known to carry the virus for much longer than that before developing any symptoms at all (or any).

EDIT: I used the wrong word above - "determine". I meant "isolate" instead.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Not sure if serious. Hospitalization has its price tag but it's not remotely close to causing a great depression.

As important as this is, it's not enough of a good reason to risk one a great depression.

You kinda are though...
We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Remaining closed because you're fearing having to do another lockdown is not a proactive or smart strategy. It's a bad argument mate.
I'd also point out we are much much much better prepared if we have to cut back. It is no longer a ''new'' virus.

So..domestic violence will get worse if we go back in lockdown..so the solution is...to not open in the first place?? That makes...sense.

You said it, nothing will be perfect, but deaths will happen. I'm very aware opening might lead to pulling back and another lockdown. I've mentioned how it's happened in many countries. It happened in Hong Kong, they went back into a lockdown for 2 weeks and then people went back to work.
You seem to think we'll open...it could lead to a lockdown...and if it does then we're back to months of confinement. That's not necessarily how it will go down and suggesting we should remain closed because of this uncertainty is just unrealistic at this point.
As cold and sad as it is to say, people will get over deaths rather quickly...an economical collapse though...that could take decades.

Government is pushing for masks more and more. They don't want to make it mandatory because of BS socio-political reason..it's dumb but fine, at least they're pushing for it way more now.
Social distancing is still being strongly advised as well and of course hand washing.
Businesses will have to decide for themselves how to set up their establishments, as is the case worldwide.
I've spoken to my barber and he told me they're waiting for directives and recommendations from the CNESST.

Things are being planned as we speak. There is no guidebook for this, everyone is figuring it out on the go. It's no different here. It's not a free for all man. Take a breath.

So Hong Kong went into another lockdown…..and they have less than 1064 cases overall….and you keep using Hong Kong as an example to follow and you don't see the problem here. We are adding more cases every 2 days but advocating everything is fine and we're doing the right thing.

But i'm not advocating to stay lockdown. I'm advocating to be smarter while opening up.

Government should make mask mandatory for everyone and until they are ready to do that, we're not ready to open safely unless people do it on their own and i mean 100% of the people….like in Hong Kong. They should have make it mandatory 8 weeks ago.

How masks helped Hong Kong control the coronavirus

Fearing another lockdown or fearing another great depression is the same thing cause another lockdown will probably brought the great depression you fear. You don't want to risk getting there but another lockdown will actually probably get you there.....and we're not Hong Kong, it won't only be another two weeks....we can't even dropped our numbers of cases after 8 weeks of lockdown and it won't be any different if we do the same thing again unless we go into a full real lockdown which again will results in another blow to the economy.

I agree with you on the basics that we absolutely need to open up for the economy to roll cause without it, our healthcare system will collapse anyway (cause it still cost a shitload of money). But i won't hide my head in the sands saying everything is all right while it's not.

Like you, i want to go back to work, i want to see my friends and family and i want to go back spending an hour or two here shitting on Bergevin's head instead of talking about this shit but i want to stay that way.

I also agree that there's no book on this….but we have example to follow and we're not doing it.
It's all about finding a delicate balance between health protection, the prevention of economic and social risks.

Honestly, they would make the masks mandatory and i think it could make a world of difference.
I would also put a limit the number of people in stores and it wouldn't be to the businesses themselves.
I would also put a very agressive testing, tracing and isolation system in place.
But just the mask….i would be all right.

Just for example....last week or two weeks ago, a daycare had a case but was only inform 4 days later.
That doesn't work, that's not a viable way to go. They reopen schools and the teachers had to beg the government to have
some PPE, it's stupid. Look what kids going to schools look like in Taiwan.

file-20200504-83736-4s76o2.jpg

They have a plan in place, they have strong measures in place and it's working.

Differentiated school closure rules were also enacted at the national level. If one teacher or student is affected, they are quarantined for 14 days at home. If two or more teachers or students have a confirmed infection, the school is closed. And if a third of schools in a district or city have to take this measure, then all schools in the area are closed too.
In classrooms and canteens, students are separated from each other by plastic partitions between desks, systematic temperature checks are carried out and masks are compulsory. A survey of secondary school students showed the majority (70%) considered that these measures had not affected their learning.

Here....we don't have a single freaking clue. No masks, no temperature check, no plan in place if they had positive case.
One positive test in Gaspé, they closed the school and started testing the close contact
One positive test in Chicoutimi, no closing but people around will be tested and are asked to self-isolate
Two positive in Trois-rivieres, no closing, no one will be tested or isolated unless they showed symptoms

That's yesterday.
3 incidents of positive coronavirus in our schools, 3 different responses.
We must be smarter than that and we must ask our government to be smarter and have plans in place for every situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino