OT: COVID-19 Megathread III (Please limit all COVID discussion to this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So, for those who are interested... arm is sore but no worse than a tetanus shot, mild body aches like you get when you first start feeling a cold coming on, but advil makes that go away....
Pretty much the same thing from my sister in law. She said her arm was sore for about a day and that's been about it.

Reactions: bdub24

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
You want that slight reaction, even up to a mild fever. It's a sign that your body is reacting to the introduction of a virus (such as in the vaccine) and everything is working the way it's supposed to.

Exactly. Good thing is though, this is not a live virus vaccine so there is no chance of getting COVID from the vaccine or passing it to others as a result of having been vaccinated

Reactions: bdub24 and lstcyr

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
The U.K. government announced the new coronavirus strain on Monday following an increase in cases in the southern and eastern parts of England. Just over 1,100 Covid-19 cases with the new variant had been identified as of Sunday, according to a statement from Public Health England.
Now, it's thought that the new strain could be up to 70% more transmissible than the original strain of the disease, Johnson said on Saturday, adding that it appears to be driving the rapid spread of infections.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The U.K. government announced the new coronavirus strain on Monday following an increase in cases in the southern and eastern parts of England. Just over 1,100 Covid-19 cases with the new variant had been identified as of Sunday, according to a statement from Public Health England.
Now, it's thought that the new strain could be up to 70% more transmissible than the original strain of the disease, Johnson said on Saturday, adding that it appears to be driving the rapid spread of infections.
Hopefully the vaccines are effective for this strain too? :(

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
upload_2020-12-20_12-39-51.png

https://assets.amuniversal.com/43b99d401012013935fb005056a9545d

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Maybe those working in healthcare can confirm, but... is it still possible to privately buy Covid vaccines?

I get there is some controversy about queue jumping in terms of public health allotments and all, but for those who have privately sourced and procured their own supply direct from the manufacturers... like the NHL was originally supposed to do... is there anything that prohibits that?
:dunno:

(I'm expecting all of our players would be vaccinated at training camp, but wondering if that's actually true after all.)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Maybe those working in healthcare can confirm, but... is it still possible to privately buy Covid vaccines?

I get there is some controversy about queue jumping in terms of public health allotments and all, but for those who have privately sourced and procured their own supply direct from the manufacturers... like the NHL was originally supposed to do... is there anything that prohibits that?
:dunno:

(I'm expecting all of our players would be vaccinated at training camp, but wondering if that's actually true after all.)
The cynic in me says enough green makes all kinds of things happen, including line hopping.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I have been posting on the main board. The pharmacist who spoiled the Moderna vaccine in Grafton has been arrested. A person on Twitter posted that he will be charged with 3 felonies. My tv news says that he is in jail and the motive is unknown.

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I have been posting on the main board. The pharmacist who spoiled the Moderna vaccine in Grafton has been arrested. A person on Twitter posted that he will be charged with 3 felonies. My tv news says that he is in jail and the motive is unknown.

Hopefully they hand out the harshest penalty possible and set an example.

Reactions: bdub24

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Part of me tries to reason that pharmacists are human and have their biases. I've heard of pharmacists who won't dispense birth control or those who won't dispense it if you aren't married. To me, that's not okay, but there are those who agree wholeheartedly with that position. There are a lot of anti-vaxxers out there. Again, I don't agree with their position but they're there, and some are no doubt employed as pharmacists. He could have refused to dispense, but destruction of the vaccine is criminal. It is not his place to make those decisions for others, only for himself and maybe his own family. Prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

Woman who works in my office building was diagnosed with covid on 12/31. Just told us yesterday, but to be fair none of us go in to the office much and I haven't seen her since 12/19. Even then we were in relatively safe proximity on different sides of a production stage (30-40 feet apart, I'd say) except for a few minutes when she handed me a gift basket. So I'm honestly not worried for myself at all. She's miserable and I hate it for her, but she is young and immortal. It's probably just a bad case of the flu to her.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
My daughter has it now. Worst part for her is the no taste and quarantine

funny you mention young and immortal. Both my kids were over it in 2 days, while the wife and I took a week

Reactions: Adz

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
My daughter has it now. Worst part for her is the no taste and quarantine

funny you mention young and immortal. Both my kids were over it in 2 days, while the wife and I took a week
Yeah when our friends got it they said the weirdest part was the no taste thing. Just as a warning that doesn't apply to spicy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad