OT: COVID 19 - Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I’d say I feel bad, but to be honest this is what most of them have done to themselves.

My girlfriend lives in rural Virginia and works at a funeral home. This is what she sent me yesterday...

Cyi7YrK.png

Reactions: Gurglesons

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that tenants are still being forced to pay leases and rent and utilities at full price when business is being artificially reduced by restrictions. This is where the state and national government has totally failed. We may not agree on the need for lockdowns at times or restrictions, but we definitely agree on this.
I'm taking this as a win we agree... :laugh:

But even if people disagree about shit, the idea is I think pretty much everyone here just wants to get to the finish line safely so normalcy returns. I can't wait to hit up some indoor dining.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that tenants are still being forced to pay leases and rent and utilities at full price when business is being artificially reduced by restrictions. This is where the state and national government has totally failed. We may not agree on the need for lockdowns at times or restrictions, but we definitely agree on this.
so we steal money form the landlords so they can't pay their bills and the people that work for them. lets all go on welfare....... maybe china can bail us out.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
This lockdown isn't really sitting right with me. My feeling is that people aren't catching the virus from restaurants and gyms and movie theaters anymore. They're catching it from their kids in school/daycare, they're catching it from private parties, they're catching it at work (retail, office, etc). Making restaurant and gym business go under just because you feel like you need to do something doesn't seem very smart. If bars are an issue, I have to believe it's a small subset of places that aren't enforcing masking or something. Maybe the state should invest in enforcement of existing policies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Visited a Military Entrance Processing Station for my aptitude test and medical evaluation, at Ft. Meade MD. Good to see them taking Covid seriously there, they make you sign a form before entering the building on whether or not you have any Covid related symptoms and other things pertaining to being around people with symptoms and being asked to quarantine. As well as taking your temp at the door with a heat gun.

Masks of course are mandatory for all personnel in and entering the building. Everywhere that there is seating there are laminated pieces of paper spacing seating out, directing you to sit in every other seat. Posters and pictures on the walls everywhere telling you to not touch your face and to remain sanitized. There were sanitizing materials absolutely everywhere. The only place masks would be off was briefly in the cafeteria.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Visited a Military Entrance Processing Station for my aptitude test and medical evaluation, at Ft. Meade MD. Good to see them taking Covid seriously there, they make you sign a form before entering the building on whether or not you have any Covid related symptoms and other things pertaining to being around people with symptoms and being asked to quarantine. As well as taking your temp at the door with a heat gun.

Masks of course are mandatory for all personnel in and entering the building. Everywhere that there is seating there are laminated pieces of paper spacing seating out, directing you to sit in every other seat. Posters and pictures on the walls everywhere telling you to not touch your face and to remain sanitized. There were sanitizing materials absolutely everywhere. The only place masks would be off was briefly in the cafeteria.
Good luck on those tests man!!! Proud to live in this country with people like you. Keep it up.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think you're confusing that with "widespread impact from vaccine".

Nope.

Most, including me, agree that it will be until then that we get most vaccinated. And it will be with us until 2022.

But at least one said no vaccine at all at least until summer if not 2022.

And not that long ago.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Nope.

Most, including me, agree that it will be until then that we get most vaccinated. And it will be with us until 2022.

But at least one said no vaccine at all at least until summer if not 2022.

And not that long ago.
I'm more than pumped at this news, but let's not toot our own horn too much. You also were saying vaccines would be out by the fall or the election at certain points. Everyone has been throwing out random guesses at this and changing those guesses constantly.

Anyway, I was debating cracking a beer tonight but this news did just enough to tilt the balance.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm more than pumped at this news, but let's not toot our own horn too much. You also were saying vaccines would be out by the fall or the election at certain points. Everyone has been throwing out random guesses at this and changing those guesses constantly.

Anyway, I was debating cracking a beer tonight but this news did just enough to tilt the balance.

To be fair it's not my horn, but scientists and doctors like Fauci who I respect. I merely linked and quoted them in their around Thanksgiving predictions.

And they, and especially the ones who did what used to take five years in months, who deserve all the praise for working miracles.

Reactions: NMK11

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My family should receive the vaccine soon. I am months away.

I will report how they do though.

I was talking to my dad and he is 73 w/ lung/esophageal cancer. I asked when he thought he'd get it. He said he wouldn't be surprised if it were January.

What do you think? When will it be available for a human like that?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I was talking to my dad and he is 73 w/ lung/esophageal cancer. I asked when he thought he'd get it. He said he wouldn't be surprised if it were January.

First group. Or close to.

20 million people are in that first group and medical and other front line workers are only a fraction of that. Your father ticks the next boxes, over 65 and preexisting conditions.

That said, January is only three weeks away.

Reactions: ColePens

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Keep him safe for a small time more. Even if you have to lock him in a room.

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad