News Article: Could the Habs offersheet Kadri?

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
I'd love Kadri in Montreal but Toronto would match, then eventually retaliate.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
I'd offer sheet him. And hopefully they would match and be in cap hell for years. With the contract they just gave to Clarkson, they would be in deep trouble for a long time.

But it won't happen, that doesn't seem like the kind of things Bergevin wants to do.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Meanwhile, the rest of the cast of Anti-chambre is wondering what Michel did to deserve such a fate.

He knows what he did. :rant:

berg.jpg

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I hope you guys actually offersheet Nazem Kadri. Guy's a useless plug and just was a benefactor of a shortened season.Sarcasm.

Note: I actually want you guys to offersheet him so Leafs can offersheet Subban after next season.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
I hope you guys actually offersheet Nazem Kadri. Guy's a useless plug and just was a benefactor of a shortened season.Sarcasm.

Note: I actually want you guys to offersheet him so Leafs can offersheet Subban after next season.

Then I hope your GM feels the same way if the Habs sign him to an offer sheet that's just high enough to mess with the Leafs cap.

Seriously though, I don't think it's going to happen because of the bridge contract philosophy MB's enforced. Then again, if MB feels that the Habs are better team with Kadri in it, then he'd probably pull the trigger, so who knows?

EDIT: Didn't see that white text dammit!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Let's see things this way :

3 kinds of offers could be made to Kadri :

- The low (or reasonable) one he'll refuse
- The reasonable one he'll accept with Leafs matching
- The unreasonable one he'll accept with the Leafs not matching

Anything over 4.5 will put US in caphell at some point.

And the idea of trading Eller and Beaulieu... WTF!!!!!

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
No way. Kadri had 2/3 of a good season, a shortened one at that. Where was he the last 15 games and during the playoffs? He certainly was not a PPG guy. Too inconsistent.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I remember not too long ago some people thought we could trade Leblanc for Kadri straight up, now we wanna sign him to a 5 million dollar offersheet. Crazy how quickly things change with prospects.

I like Kadri, but I hate offer sheets. It would be a little hard to make room for Kadri right now. Who gets moved to give Kadri top 6 center spot?

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010

What if Toronto already tried to offer sheet Subban? Would it make offer sheeting Kadri okay then?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I remember not too long ago some people thought we could trade Leblanc for Kadri straight up, now we wanna sign him to a 5 million dollar offersheet. Crazy how quickly things change with prospects.

I like Kadri, but I hate offer sheets. It would be a little hard to make room for Kadri right now. Who gets moved to give Kadri top 6 center spot?

Logical moves would be eller - only one due for a raise.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Logical moves would be eller - only one due for a raise.

Actually Eller would be the worst one to move. He is the only physical center we have right now. The most logical would be Desharnais but then adding Kadri has the potential to block Galchenyuk's path for an even longer period of time.

Upgrades are nice but let's upgrade those positions where we need help and lack depth... like right wing.

Locks

May 28, 2005
When is this offersheet nonsense going to end? I understand it is a slow season and people need something to talk about but it has to make some sense. Offersheets are bad for the game as they lead to escalation of salaries and the NHL is not in great financial shape, a few clubs aside. And when was the last time the habs did sign someone to an offersheet? I can't even remember that! And this GM, who has clearly shown his vision by shying away from big, long term contracts, is even less likely to offersheet anyone, particularly a player who does not really fill a need and would be seriously overpaid.

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
There is no way MB would offer sheet a guy who is currently in a stand off over a bridge contract with his team, months after he signed PK to a bridge contract

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
To Toronto:

Lars Eller + Nathan Beaulieu

To Montreal:

Nazem Kadri

Fair for both teams!

No way!

I would keep the 6'2" 220lbs guy who can skate, play defense AND (I am certain) will become quite good offensively. Oh, and he's also not a punk who likes to throw his weight (literally throwing it) around solely at unsuspecting players smaller than himself.

Not to mention that Beaulieu can legitimately be argued to be the Habs' #1 prospect at the moment.

Aaand Kadri hasn't ever played in a non-sheltered capacity aaaand hasn't yet played one full 82 game season on a Leafs team that wasn't shooting at 11.5%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad