News Article: Could the Habs offersheet Kadri?

PricePkPatch*

Okay, let's assume for a minute TO can't afford a 5 million contract because of future cap consideration.

(big assumption)

Don't we already have, ye know, LOTS of centre already? Briere, Desharnais, Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk..

Where would Kadri fit in there?

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Okay, let's assume for a minute TO can't afford a 5 million contract because of future cap consideration.

(big assumption)

Don't we already have, ye know, LOTS of centre already? Briere, Desharnais, Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk..

1. Offer sheet Kadri
2. Send to ECHL and give middle finger to Leafs
3. Profit?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not sure he'd sign a 2 year low contract bridge deal offer sheet.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Toronto would just trade someone to make room if MTL were to offer sheet Kadri. They would have 7 days to do so and I cannot fathom they would allow a 7th overall pick who they've groomed and has finally shown some potential to walk over 5 mill.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Interesting but they'd match. Kadri is a good player and would certainly add to the core but the deal isn't feasible as they'd match.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com

(big assumption)

Kadri is more of a winger. He's only playing center for Toronto because they suck.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
If you offer sheet a player like Kadri, be sure to have a trade in the works. I say it would be wiser to try to make a trade for his rights. It would cost multiple picks since he's gonna get around 5/year. Not sure if he's going take a bridge deal more now since the Colorado signed Landeskog. GM are bitting big time.
realistic trade value for Kadri would have to be Eller. Like it or not, habs or leaf fan that's the only way I see it. Would I do it? Tempting..... Kadri does have more scoring upside.

Mumbo

Aug 6, 2013
I love Kadri (yes, shame of me) and of course I'd like to see him in the habs. But to do it just to mess with the Leafs cap, no matter how much I dislike the leafs it seems very unwarranted and unsportmanlike and the Leafs won't forget it, they will most likely get their revenge as soon as they can. Unless I didn't read the article correctly.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
You know what ****ing sucks? That this offseason is killing me and it's probably the shortest one we'll see in a long time. This is ****ing brutal.

You're ****ing right. :laugh: At least school is starting again soon so I guess time will pass much faster.

But yeah, this is brutal. We didn't have enough hockey this season, that's probably why I'm missing it so much.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

nekzt sizon:

kradi,galchouik,andrgheto,
pachyoreti,placnek,breire,
bourrk,elerl,gnoita,
prots,dehshannrnaiana,porros,

ledign skroerer:

andrgheto 117pts

kradi 99pts

breire 95pts

Watoosh21

Jul 15, 2013
Montreal
If the situation was turned around, I guarantee that Toronto would love to screw with the habs. So I'm all for giving him an offer.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Offer sheet him a $11M/2years contract (y1: 4.5M/y2: 6.5M). It would totally ******* the leafs' salary cap and they'd have to pay him at least 6.5M in his next contract (assuming they'd match it). :naughty: :laugh:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
IMO, if we offer sheet him, it should be with a contract that extends until his 27th birthday, so that he hits UFA at the earliest possible time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad