News Article: Could the Habs offersheet Kadri?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2013/8/20/4641450/bergevin-should-offersheet-nazem-kadri

boooooookadri.0_standard_709.0.jpeg

If the Canadiens were to move say, Travis Moen, they would be able to give Kadri a $5M per year contract, which would cost them just a 1st and 3rd round pick in the 2014 NHL draft, which considering the addition of Kadri to an already strong roster, would be very low value picks in a thought to be weak draft.

It would be G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Then we will have Kadri, Briere, Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Desharnais and Eller fighting for the top 2 center spots.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Would go against the whole bridge deal philosophy

I agree. I would have to say no also because I really do not know if he is that good. Sure he played good last year for 48 games, but he really is only a 1 dimensional offensive player so far in his young career. Will he be a 70-80 point man every year???

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I agree. I would have to say no also because I really do not know if he is that good. Sure he played good last year for 48 games, but he really is only a 1 dimensional offensive player so far in his young career. Will he be a 70-80 point man every year???

Or ever?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Would go against the whole bridge deal philosophy
Character issues abound.

They will retaliate with one of our young studs
The whole point of cap management is to prevent them from doing so. If we manage our cap and RFA situations properly they just cannot retaliate.

I would absolutely do it without question if it wasn't for my own valuation of Kadri. I just don't rate him that highly, I dunno, might be because he's a Leaf.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Then we will have Kadri, Briere, Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Desharnais and Eller fighting for the top 2 center spots.
Kadri can play wing. DD and Briere can play in traffic. Leaving Eller, Pleks and Galchenyuk.
While you're right that he only broke out for 48 games, I wouldn't say he's one-dimensional - he's a physical player at the least.

PricePkPatch*

Players go for the $$$.

I never said my opinions were rationale :naughty:

Players drafted by TO don't count. It's a sad, but understandable deformation.

But one of our rookies who sign with The Hated Ones? the only thing worst would be if they signed an offer sheet by Boston

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00