Speculation: Cory Conacher -- what can we expect?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Weird...it looked to me like it was Conacher that dug the puck out and passed it to Silfverberg to initiate the rush, not Zibanejad as it's being credited right now.

Anyone else see that? Maybe a bad angle.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
He looked good tonight. I really like his stride, he skates like a big man (but faster).

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Conacher was really good tonight, especially for a game where he isn't accustomed to his linemates yet.

He made a couple dazzling moves and some beauty passes. He is really strong on his skates, thus making him appear "bigger/stronger." than he is.

That line was easily our best line, hence both goals coming from them.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
He's a **** disturber with skills, he adds an element that was missing on our team.

Apr 1, 2010
I grabbed this kid in every pool I entered this year. He had a fast start and has gone cold since about the 15 game mark.

He has skills. Excellent pickup for a guy that cost you a 2nd a year ago.

Al Cervick

Mar 17, 2011
Great speed,great offensive player. Can put the puck in the net and create chances. Gets in the dirty areas and doesn't back down from anyone. Defensively not great. Does give away the puck more than he should but still a young player. I can see him getting 60-70 pts. in a season at his peak. Great guy off the ice as well. Very friendly and personable. Met him and his family. Very nice people.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Skill level was evident, skated back hard on the backcheck, seems most of his defensive issues come from his lack of size and defensive zone positioning.

He'll be a player.

Carrie Underwood

Jul 28, 2010
He is going to be a great player for us. Had a nice dangle, a nice pass to silver, nice block, is always involved causing **** in front of the net.

bigfatfist

Apr 17, 2012
Only saw the first bit of the game, but from what I did I like CC a lot!! Was exactly as advertised. Hoping that line can keep it up - especially when Spezza/Michalek are back. The 'Quick-Silfver Trio' are going to absolutely destroy lower lines.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He is really strong on his skates, thus making him appear "bigger/stronger." than he is..

Eh...that's easily the weakest part of his game. He seems to spend half his time out there on the ice laying down. He's not strong on his skates at all...

That said he played really well and I liked having him on the team. He should get better as he becomes more accustomed to the team and could have easily had a point or two last night.

BigBush*

Eh...that's easily the weakest part of his game. He seems to spend half his time out there on the ice laying down. He's not strong on his skates at all...

That said he played really well and I liked having him on the team. He should get better as he becomes more accustomed to the team and could have easily had a point or two last night.

Definitely not the weakest part of his game. He is effective because he is such a strong skater. He gets knocked down a lot because of how hard he crashes the net (the reason both goals went in against Buffalo was from his screen)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad