Speculation: Cory Conacher -- what can we expect?

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
He's a Terrier. Heart like a Blue Whale(enormous).
He's got very good speed and can be quite explosive with it.
His vision and offensive hockey IQ is world class.

He hasn't been injury prone, but seems to take a lot of beefy hits and then pops right back up. Not sure that's a good idea long term though.

That's awesome, I really can't wait to see him suit up. Sounds like the amount of love he's gotten from TBay really speaks to his character and heart.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
i saw 3 goals on youtube from this year and all 3 were goals we constantly miss with our squad now.

i hope he can bring some finish for our team.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I consider Conacher a legit top-end young forward.

He definitely has the pedigree of an elite prospect.

Murray was asking for Couturier and some other elite top-end prospect from another team and probably would have got Read yet settled for Conacher, shows you how highly they think of this kid.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I remember constantly checking the AHL stat leaders last year, seeing his name at the top and thinking "who the **** is Cory Conacher?"

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I remember getting mad when he was mentioned as a Calder front runner and thinking But Silfverberg...he .... Conacher wasn't even drafted damnit!

Now I am okay if he wins, but would still prefer Silf.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I remember getting mad when he was mentioned as a Calder front runner and thinking But Silfverberg...he .... Conacher wasn't even drafted damnit!

Calder is a tie between Silf, Conacher, Zib, Weir, and Lehner :sarcasm:

WhiteLight*

i prefer Zib. Beast

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
Cory your turn!

If Bishop provided a shutout, nothing less than a hat-trick will do.

Go Double-C!

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Honestly, I've seen him a handful of times when just casually watching the Lightning, and I think fans will be surprised at how "down n' dirty" he gets.

For people expecting a water-bug Ryan Shannon with more offense, you're going to be surprised. Conacher hustles like crazy, seems to go into the corners like he's 6'4" 230, and drives the net like crazy!

I think he'll become a fan favourite pretty darn quickly.

I'm pretty sure Shannon was well liked for the same reasons... speedy guy who isn't afraid to take a hit or work the boards. The distinction might be that Shannon didn't make power drives to the net very much.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I consider Conacher a legit top-end young forward.

He definitely has the pedigree of an elite prospect.

Murray was asking for Couturier and some other elite top-end prospect from another team and probably would have got Read yet settled for Conacher, shows you how highly they think of this kid.

It just shows that they think he's better than Read or whatever alternatives were offered. Doesn't mean he's on the level of a Couturier.

Although what you consider a top-end prospect may be different than what I'd consider a top-end prospect. I wouldn't consider Read to be a top-end prospect, and I'm not sure Conacher has it in him to be a top line guy like St. Louis (but that's just looking at stats and what Tampa fans seem to think of him).

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
It just shows that they think he's better than Read or whatever alternatives were offered. Doesn't mean he's on the level of a Couturier.

Although what you consider a top-end prospect may be different than what I'd consider a top-end prospect. I wouldn't consider Read to be a top-end prospect, and I'm not sure Conacher has it in him to be a top line guy like St. Louis (but that's just looking at stats and what Tampa fans seem to think of him).

Who else do we know was offered? Rinaldo + 2nd, Jones + 2nd, anything else?

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I expect at least 89CC's of Honey Badger in Friday's game. :sarcasm:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I am expecting a Lord like performance. Ottawa is a good fit for him a bunch of his buddies play for carleton and a bunch of his gf's came here for school it should help with his transition.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
I am expecting a Lord like performance. Ottawa is a good fit for him a bunch of his buddies play for carleton and a bunch of his gf's came here for school it should help with his transition.

What a player. He must have Condra like stamina.:sarcasm:

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Hey guys, saw this from the main page. Lightning fan here.

Conacher plays with a ton of heart. He doesn't know his size, especially sticking up for himself and others.

He is fast as hell.

Superb vision. When you guys see him try to create plays, you will be astounded. No doubt in my mind.

Battles. Pretty ****ing hard too.

Brings a ton of energy. He's a great energy guy. Much more a playmaker than a shooter. Could be better defensively, but he's not the worst as some people claim.

He will become a fan favorite I'm betting. Did you see/read all the Lightning fan's reactions when we found out he was traded? Hell, I got the text in class, and my heart sank into my stomach.

Thanks a lot for weighing in. :)

Oh, and Sens fans, I posted a 'Cory Conacher scouting report' thread on the Tampa board. Lots of great information there if you want to know more about Cory.

Defence can be taught, scoring and attitude cannot.

This.

What a player. He must have Condra like stamina.:sarcasm:

:laugh:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
That's a shame. Where's Guillaume going?

Playing with Turris and Alfie.

Some think they didn't want to put too much pressure to produce on Conacher right away, where as putting him with Silf and Zib gives him good line-mates, but perhaps not as much pressure.

I'm sure he could see time with Turris and Alfie if these combo's don't work though.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Lightning fan here, seen every game this year. I laugh at the Ryan Shannon talk. Matt Read you have got to be kidding me !!! Cory will be an instant fan favorite, there is a reason Lightning fans were so upset that he was leaving and trust me we need a goalie. In a nut shell, this kid never takes a shift off he is a ball of "no quit" energy. He has great vision and hand eye coordination, for some reason he thinks he's 6' 4" 210lbs. He has high end speed and despite his size he always sticks up for his teammates, Yzerman stated there was several teams wanting him, there is a reason for that. When you go into the lightning store at the Times Forum there is only 4 jerseys on the racks Lecavalier, St. Louis, Stamkos, and Cory Conacher. Nuff said. Please take care of Honey Badger in Ottawa you will love him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00