Speculation: Cory Conacher -- what can we expect?

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Honestly?

I'm expecting a fast player who will hopefully put up 8-10pts in the next 12 games and is terrible defensively. Thank god our penalty kill is good because I think he'll be seeing the game through a glass wall more than a few times a week.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Expect an energy player with skill who will win battles in the corners. He is very fast and agile, and he's a smart player. He finds himself in the right places at the right time a lot. I'm not sure if you'll see immediate point production from him, but be patient with him. He plays with a lot of heart.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Honestly, I've seen him a handful of times when just casually watching the Lightning, and I think fans will be surprised at how "down n' dirty" he gets.

For people expecting a water-bug Ryan Shannon with more offense, you're going to be surprised. Conacher hustles like crazy, seems to go into the corners like he's 6'4" 230, and drives the net like crazy!

I think he'll become a fan favourite pretty darn quickly.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
He was fantastic against Ottawa his first game, all over the ice, driving the net and making pretty plays. He was brutal his second game against Ottawa, on the ice for quite a few goals against and generally looked lost and useless. I figure he will be somewhere between these two. Honestly though, on a team like ours with so many solid 2-way players, I think his defensive deficiencies will be able to be minimized. I expect him to get a lot of PP time and maybe 12-13 ESMins/game.

WhiteLight*

Is he gonna replace Hoff with Turris and Alfie? That's where I'd like to see him slotted

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Hey guys, saw this from the main page. Lightning fan here.

Conacher plays with a ton of heart. He doesn't know his size, especially sticking up for himself and others.

He is fast as hell.

Superb vision. When you guys see him try to create plays, you will be astounded. No doubt in my mind.

Battles. Pretty ****ing hard too.

Brings a ton of energy. He's a great energy guy. Much more a playmaker than a shooter. Could be better defensively, but he's not the worst as some people claim.

He will become a fan favorite I'm betting. Did you see/read all the Lightning fan's reactions when we found out he was traded? Hell, I got the text in class, and my heart sank into my stomach.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
From what I've seen of him (which is limited) he seems to like to make plays at speed, as well as finish them with speed. Seems that a lot of his tip/deflection goals are the result of strong net drive and the skill to finish. Can't wait for Friday!

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
He was fantastic against Ottawa his first game, all over the ice, driving the net and making pretty plays. He was brutal his second game against Ottawa, on the ice for quite a few goals against and generally looked lost and useless. I figure he will be somewhere between these two. Honestly though, on a team like ours with so many solid 2-way players, I think his defensive deficiencies will be able to be minimized. I expect him to get a lot of PP time and maybe 12-13 ESMins/game.

Defence can be taught, scoring and attitude cannot.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
From what I've seen of him (which is limited) he seems to like to make plays at speed, as well as finish them with speed. Seems that a lot of his tip/deflection goals are the result of strong net drive and the skill to finish. Can't wait for Friday!

He's a Terrier. Heart like a Blue Whale(enormous).
He's got very good speed and can be quite explosive with it.
His vision and offensive hockey IQ is world class.

He hasn't been injury prone, but seems to take a lot of beefy hits and then pops right back up. Not sure that's a good idea long term though.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Dunno. Heard it on CBC Ottawa news that Conacher is gonna start with Zibby and Silf, that's all they said.

Well he was effective with Alfie & Turris, too, so we may just be disrupting chemistry in favour of other chemistry. The rookie line sounds like it could be dynamite. Conacher & Zibby could potentially push each other and up both of their intensities to a new level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad