Speculation: Cory Conacher -- what can we expect?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lightning fan here, seen every game this year. I laugh at the Ryan Shannon talk. Matt Read you have got to be kidding me !!! Cory will be an instant fan favorite, there is a reason Lightning fans were so upset that he was leaving and trust me we need a goalie. In a nut shell, this kid never takes a shift off he is a ball of "no quit" energy. He has great vision and hand eye coordination, for some reason he thinks he's 6' 4" 210lbs. He has high end speed and despite his size he always sticks up for his teammates, Yzerman stated there was several teams wanting him, there is a reason for that. When you go into the lightning store at the Times Forum there is only 4 jerseys on the racks Lecavalier, St. Louis, Stamkos, and Cory Conacher. Nuff said. Please take care of Honey Badger in Ottawa you will love him.

I've seen you post a lot about Conacher since we acquired him -- obviously you are a big fan of his. Do you have any player comparisons that he favorably matches up with? I've heard all of Fleury, St. Louis and Gallagher thrown around. In my limited viewings I think the Gallagher one is a good one except a little less physical with better hands, but what do you think?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I've seen you post a lot about Conacher since we acquired him -- obviously you are a big fan of his. Do you have any player comparisons that he favorably matches up with? I've heard all of Fleury, St. Louis and Gallagher thrown around. In my limited viewings I think the Gallagher one is a good one except a little less physical with better hands, but what do you think?

I think your dead on in your reasons and your comparison's to Gallagher. You'll have no problem with finding fans of his. All you can ask for as a fan is guys that give it there all, thats what he brings.

Bolto

?
Nov 3, 2006
Spring Hill, FL
Another Lightning fan here. Marty St. Louis was his boyhood idol and that's who he plays like. Marty took him under his wing while he was here and told him to play in the "dirty" areas. He's not afraid to mix it up. We'll miss him but considering our goal tending problems it was worth it to swap him for Bishop. Hope he works out for you folks.

Bishop rocks!

Last edited:

Jerk Store*

Another Lightning fan here. Marty St. Louis was his boyhood idol and that's who he plays like. Marty took him under his wing while he was here and told him to play in the "dirty" areas. He's not afraid to mix it up. We'll miss him but considering our goal tending problems it was worth it to swap him for Bishop. Hope he works out for you folks.

Bishop rocks!

Thanks :) It's probably been asked before but where did "honey badger" come from?

And yes, you got yourselves a number one goalie! You'll be listening to this a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwR_1EP18eo

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

IMO Conacher is more physical, faster, and has better hands than Gallagher.

He is going to be fun to watch!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I expect the little guy to muck it up in the corners right to the injured reserve and become a shell of what he could have been.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
EDIT: beaten to it.

Conacher is now a Sens fan. I'm sure he'll grow to hate the Queafs being on our team long enough.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
The way this season's been going, my prediction is season ending injury. :help:

Seriously though I'm not sure, interested to see tonight though.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
It's really not even worth discussing who these players were fans of as children. They all had one or two and there's 30 teams in the league....they grew up and they have a job now. The Toronto kids are often happy to be in Ottawa just to be close to home.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I really hope so, it's probably easier for a player to change teams but as a fan it's for me impossible;)

Exactly my feeling, too. I get queasy any time there's talk of one of my favourite players possibly going to the Laffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad