OT: Coronavirus XXXV: Y'all Got Any More of Them Vaccines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The real problem is your last sentence. Albertans can’t be trusted to behave in their own best interest. They suck on the exhaust pipe of the Russo-Sino-Con meme machine. They don’t have enough brain cells left to defend themselves. Look, I’m from Fort McMurray, we’re FUBAR. The ones who are sensible won’t be offended by what I’m saying. The ones who will be vocal and upset are the root of the problem. Probably the same ones that piss on the seat at the gas station and dont wash their hands. I’m not going to shit on them for a lack of compassion and understanding. I’m shitting on them for shooting themselves in the foot. It’s just dumb shortsighted rhetoric and behaviour. Alberta should get first dibs on the vaccine because they’re defenceless in the face of the ‘information war’. Imagine how much more freedom we would have if there weren’t always a lowest common denominator to fluff things up. Might even be an Autobahn between Edmonton and Calgary by now. But you can’t let kids run around the house with sharp scissors all day.

tenor.gif

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Whatever.

All I know is that while I do care about others' health, I'm sick of the goalposts being changed, and I'm especially sick of these almighty politicians, celebrities, and "experts" who seem to be more concerned with fear mongering and flexing their power than they are with pursuing the wellbeing of the working class and society.

At this point, having moved to the USA for work in 2019, I don't know if I'll ever see my immediate family again. I don't know if I'll ever be back in Edmonton or my hometown again.

And I'm just one person. So many others are struggling with these questions and worse: "Will I ever be able to support my family? Will I lose my business or my home?"

I expect the suicide rate is going to claim more victims then COVID will when all is said and done.

Any high and mighty politician who thinks this existence ought to be sustainable is a sick and twisted individual.
The mental health consequences of this pandemic and the restrictions in place should in no way be downplayed. They will surely be significant, but you are talking about number which differ almost by an order of magnitude here. When all things are said and done this would mean that the suicide rate in the US would be at last 10 times the current level.

Reactions: Porkleaker

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
This sounds awesome. What would be the benefit of such a thing other than trying to produce biological weapons specific to parts of the population?

U.S. officials: Chinese collecting our DNA (msn.com)

More importantly, where a certain population is immune. Then you can make it as lethal as you want as your people are protected. Of course, these types of viruses (things) seem to always find a way, but that never stopped some people before from making bad ideas a reality.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
More importantly, where a certain population is immune. Then you can make it as lethal as you want as your people are protected. Of course, these types of viruses (things) seem to always find a way, but that never stopped some people before from making bad ideas a reality.

Yeah, those would be some special bats or pangolins where the only people that the naturally evolved virus kills are Caucasian, African and Latino. At that point send the nukes and hand the world over to the roaches.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Good thing my finger isn't anywhere near the button if this type of thing actually happened. If I'm dying, someone is going with me. In such a scenario why leave the spoils for the victor?

heh, jk around. Overall your temperament is a lot better than most. you settle down when you give yourself some time. Just count1,2,3, ....36548....and don't press the button..

except for out of town trolls. nuke those to a crisp like you do, haha.

jk aside as bad as some countries can be, if its the decision between continuance of the human species, and maybe things getting better in time, and or obliteration, my choice would be continuing the species. Roaches can go to hell..;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
heh, jk around. Overall your temperament is a lot better than most. you settle down when you give yourself some time. Just count1,2,3, ....36548....and don't press the button..

except for out of town trolls. nuke those to a crisp like you do, haha.

jk aside as bad as some countries can be, if its the decision between continuance of the human species, and maybe things getting better in time, and or obliteration, my choice would be continuing the species. Roaches can go to hell..;)

I guess it depends on how pissed off I am :lol:

Well then how about cane spiders?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Would still be a game changer and end the pandemic if everybody had it. I mean small numbers would still circulate but it would be a lot harder for the virus to spread.
With those percentages though, you're still going to be wearing a mask and social distancing for a long, long time.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
With those percentages though, you're still going to be wearing a mask and social distancing for a long, long time.

No.

66% is only "bad" when compared to the Moderna / Pfizer results of 95%, which was fantastic. The standard for deploying a vaccine was it has to have a minimum 50% effectiveness.

If 66% of people are immune, that's about at the level of herd immunity. If only you get the J&J shot that's not much, but if everyone has it that's a game changer. The R value goes well below 1, and the virus largely just peters out.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Give Pfizer/Moderna to over 70ies, Astra/Janssen to the rest. That'll do it. I know it's not that simple, but if you can get to that point you'll be ... well, that would probably mean the end to this. Problem seems to be getting the doses.

Europe is on the war path due to reductions in 'promised doses', things will get to 'every man for himself" sooner rather than later.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

A year late, but here we are.

They haven't even been able to organize, standardize, or clarify, or monitor returning travellers even getting tests. Theres no way they'll e able to enforce this, or ensure any adherence. Really they won't this is window dressing nothing all day. Hands up who believes this will actually occur and with everybody?

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

A year late, but here we are.

They haven't even been able to organize, standardize, or clarify, or monitor returning travelers even getting tests. Theres no way they'll e able to enforce this, or ensure any adherence. Really they won't this is window dressing nothing all day. Hands up who believes this will actually occur and with everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad