OT: Coronavirus XXIV Version B: The Shit Has Hit the Fan in Europe Again :( Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Hinshaw 445pm media avail.

tenor.gif

Reactions: SourOil

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
According to Hinshaw:

Sky is falling.

OMG over 800 new cases in past 24hrs!!! and bad hositilization numbers. here comes new restrictions....

9% worked while covid positive and further 8% continued going out and gathering!! o sh**, here comes the hammer.... or not....

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
OMG over 800 new cases in past 24hrs!!! and bad hositilization numbers. here comes new restrictions....

9% worked while covid positive and further 8% continued going out and gathering!! o sh**, here comes the hammer.... or not....

Not to be repetitive, but seriously, how do you legislate against stupidity and ignorance? Have some after the fact meaningless fine?

Reactions: nabob

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

Probably just more stern talking to’s.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Not to be repetitive, but seriously, how do you legislate against stupidity and ignorance? Have some after the fact meaningless fine?

Hinshaw's dropping the ball on delaying the restrictions. There were several questions from media basically saying "youve been saying for a long time now that you're displeased with the numbers and threatening restrictions but aren't doing anything". Hinshaw saying they are in talks in the next few days to sort out what restrictions they will put in. 800 cases is a ridiculous number with the population and low pop density of our province.

Reactions: SourOil

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

Also, like i said, if you lock some stuff down or put in heavier restrictions, it will wake at least some people up and there will likely be better general compliance. If you keep threatening and the numbers keep rising and do nothing people will tune out even more. Can't have that happening.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Hinshaw's dropping the ball on delaying the restrictions. There were several questions from media basically saying "youve been saying for a long time now that you're displeased with the numbers and threatening restrictions but aren't doing anything". Hinshaw saying they are in talks in the next few days to sort out what restrictions they will put in. 800 cases is a ridiculous number with the population and low pop density of our province.

What restrictions will stop stupid people from doing stupid things? House parties and gatherings will continue, and good luck policing that. A good number of people clearly don't give a shit.

Reactions: Duke74

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
It's not if, it's when. It's all about the hospital numbers, and they are getting pretty high.

What makes no sense is why she's waiting and waiting and waiting to see if numbers change when clearly they've only changed for the worse. Stop with the talk and take action already!

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010

What can she do when any restrictions have to be approved by a government that doesn't want any? A lockdown won't happen until the UCP have absolutely no choice, and even then it's questionable whether they'll implement another one.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
What restrictions will stop stupid people from doing stupid things? House parties and gatherings will continue, and good luck policing that. A good number of people clearly don't give a shit.

A significant number of people are going out to work and stores while symptomatic. It may be time to shut down gyms, arenas, bars, clubs etc. I think under the UCP reign there is a lot of adversity to shutdowns or more restrictions so it's hard to tell what restrictions are coming down the pipe. We likely should have had the same restrictions places like Quebec, BC, Ont, and Manitoba had in place already.

And as I said, when you shut down some things, you're sending a message to those that dont give a sh** because very likely, some of those people who dont give a sh** and gathering are also some of the same ones that are playing hockey, going to bars, gyms etc. You're not going to affect 100% of all idiots, but maybe you can reach out to some with the shutdowns and restrictions. Follow the rules and be responsible or we take away some privileges (ie hockey, gym, bars).

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
What can she do when any restrictions have to be approved by a government that doesn't want any? A lockdown won't happen until the UCP have absolutely no choice, and even then it's questionable whether they'll implement another one.

yup, i've addressed this in another post. I believe she was hired by the NDP and if they were still in charge i bet we'd have restrictions months ago. But from her media avail it sound like she's in talks about measures to take so there's a chance Monday will be the day she announces some changes.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I never knew Thales were doing reworks on govt websites now..

Expect this problem to be resolved by March.

By which point we're all hoping nobody needs to be looking at Covid numbers..

Over/under on when they release data?

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
A significant number of people are going out to work and stores while symptomatic. It may be time to shut down gyms, arenas, bars, clubs etc. I think under the UCP reign there is a lot of adversity to shutdowns or more restrictions so it's hard to tell what restrictions are coming down the pipe. We likely should have had the same restrictions places like Quebec, BC, Ont, and Manitoba had in place already.

And as I said, when you shut down some things, you're sending a message to those that dont give a sh** because very likely, some of those people who dont give a sh** and gathering are also some of the same ones that are playing hockey, going to bars, gyms etc. You're not going to affect 100% of all idiots, but maybe you can reach out to some with the shutdowns and restrictions. Follow the rules and be responsible or we take away some privileges (ie hockey, gym, bars).

I think all that does is hurt businesses. The don't give a shit crowd will just blame the govt, bitch about their freedoms being taken away from them, and continue to party. Can't party at bars, more house parties! I really wish I could believe what you are saying, but I have zero faith in this group of people.

Reactions: Duke74

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So the likely casualties of a second lockdown will be the usual suspects. All non-essential businesses, restrictions of gatherings other than immediate cohorts, basically shutting everyone inside again. And most of us have done absolutely nothing wrong. But the stupid parties and crazy get togethers will continue under the covers.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I think all that does is hurt businesses. The don't give a shit crowd will just blame the govt, bitch about their freedoms being taken away from them, and continue to party. Can't party at bars, more house parties! I really wish I could believe what you are saying, but I have zero faith in this group of people.

At least they will reduce their spread if there are no gyms, hockey, and bars to go to. They have to enforce fines.

I hear you though. We'd be in a much better spot and probably more bustling in our economy and day to day lives if not for the group of idiots out there. Remember when people were getting worried in the summer when the cases went over 200 in Edmonton? Now we can only wish for those numbers. I think we're probably pushing 3000 now.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Time to strap a texasboot on all these symptomatic playas

urban-boot-parking-enforcement-dedicated-boot.png

Or maybe next time they break up a party they spray everybody with skunk juice. Just so everybody knows who they are for the next couple weeks. Screw tossing a smoke bomb. Toss a loaded skunk...

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
So the likely casualties of a second lockdown will be the usual suspects. All non-essential businesses, restrictions of gatherings other than immediate cohorts, basically shutting everyone inside again. And most of us have done absolutely nothing wrong. But the stupid parties and crazy get togethers will continue under the covers.

I think you're right. Unfortunately places like rec centers and arenas, mostly run by municipalities may be the first on the chopping block. Isn't Manitoba having a curfew as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad