OT: Coronavirus XXIV Version B: The Shit Has Hit the Fan in Europe Again :( Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hopefully everyone got a lot out of their systems in the locked thread so that this thread can get back on track. Leaving this one locked until tomorrow so that everyone can cool off.

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
I’ve been avoiding all news websites the past few months. All they’re promoting is mass histeria and I found myself getting paranoid about the virus. Now I just ignore the news (minus sports news) and just live my life and it’s been the best thing for me.

This x100
Better for ones mental health
Follow the few simple health restrictions to keep yourself and other people safe and carry on

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So weird story and confusing to me.

My mom's co-worker's daughter had someone in their class test positive late last week. They found out Monday morning and the whole class was sent home and told to get tested. Makes sense so far.

In the meantime both parents and the other two siblings were still told to go on with their lives. This is what I don't get. Why wouldn't they tell the whole family to stay home until her daughter received her test? Is there not a potential that the whole family could've had covid and could spread it?

Luckily they all were able to stay home anyway and this morning the test came back negative. Although even though negative the daughter has to stay home for two weeks. The rest of the family were going back to school today now that the test is negative.

Granted not everyone is lucky enough to stay home, but it seems a bit odd to me that AHS isn't recommending them to all stay home for the 48 hours it took to get the results.

I also don't get why if you are negative you have to stay home for two weeks. Luckily the kid in question is 15 or 16 and can stay home themselves, but if it was her 6 or 7 year old a parent would have to stay home.

Reactions: oilers'72

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I’ve been avoiding all news websites the past few months. All they’re promoting is mass histeria and I found myself getting paranoid about the virus. Now I just ignore the news (minus sports news) and just live my life and it’s been the best thing for me.
Even before this pandemic the news was just shit and depressing. Never anything good.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
I find out today if I get to stop my quarantine.
I had been taking vitamin D regularly and I am glad when you read the complications for people who are deficient.
Overall the covid experience has been quite mild for me. Never felt like anymore then a cold in my case. I have been a little more tired but its hard to tell if its more from just lack of activity. I normally am a extremely busy guy so this has been weird to be stuck to my basement.
So far my kids and wife have not shown any symptoms and should be in the clear by now. My biggest concern was giving it to my parents but they also are doing well with no symptoms and it has been 12 days since I saw the last.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
So weird story and confusing to me.

My mom's co-worker's daughter had someone in their class test positive late last week. They found out Monday morning and the whole class was sent home and told to get tested. Makes sense so far.

In the meantime both parents and the other two siblings were still told to go on with their lives. This is what I don't get. Why wouldn't they tell the whole family to stay home until her daughter received her test? Is there not a potential that the whole family could've had covid and could spread it?

Luckily they all were able to stay home anyway and this morning the test came back negative. Although even though negative the daughter has to stay home for two weeks. The rest of the family were going back to school today now that the test is negative.

Granted not everyone is lucky enough to stay home, but it seems a bit odd to me that AHS isn't recommending them to all stay home for the 48 hours it took to get the results.

I also don't get why if you are negative you have to stay home for two weeks. Luckily the kid in question is 15 or 16 and can stay home themselves, but if it was her 6 or 7 year old a parent would have to stay home.

And that’s just one family. Luckily they all were negative but imagine if that positive case transferred to 3-4 other students who went home to their families for a day or two before realizing they had been in contact with an infected individual and then they stayed home but everyone in their family cohort is going about their business.

They seem to be desperately trying to redirect away from schools spreading the virus and trying to put the blame on social gatherings but I don’t buy it.

In my experience people who have been gathering or playing sports have been doing so at the same level since June and July but the case numbers rising has really been since kids have been back in school.

People have been going to restaurants and bars and parties and playing sports since June/July and case numbers throughout June, July and August were stable. Kids go back to school in September and all of a sudden the numbers start climbing then come October they are fully spiralling... hmmmmm.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Good advice,but even the sports world is "infected" with COVID news on a daily basis. Just watching a game and seeing all the changes and precautions reminds you every minute. You just can't escape it. Even watching last nights final WS game, COVID took a big part of the stage away by news that Justin Turner of the Dodgers had to leave in the 7th inning because his test came back positive, and he was thus unable to join the festivities on the field. Any parade or further celebrations will have to be iced for a time, as all other players, coaches, etc, will have to be further isolated.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The numbers are high for infections but young people are getting Covid this time as opposed to the wave we got in March that hit senior centre's and old folks homes.

I hate the fact that we managed to turn a pandemic political. I hate mainstream media so much, all outlets no matter their leanings are both scummy click bait divisive trash. I wish all major media outlets would go out of business.
Something like a pandemic will ALWAYS be political, no getting around it, since decisions regarding it must be decided upon and enforced by our elected bodies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
And that’s just one family. Luckily they all were negative but imagine if that positive case transferred to 3-4 other students who went home to their families for a day or two before realizing they had been in contact with an infected individual and then they stayed home but everyone in their family cohort is going about their business.

They seem to be desperately trying to redirect away from schools spreading the virus and trying to put the blame on social gatherings but I don’t buy it.

In my experience people who have been gathering or playing sports have been doing so at the same level since June and July but the case numbers rising has really been since kids have been back in school.

People have been going to restaurants and bars and parties and playing sports since June/July and case numbers throughout June, July and August were stable. Kids go back to school in September and all of a sudden the numbers start climbing then come October they are fully spiralling... hmmmmm.
This is what I'm thinking as well. That was one of the bigger changes we had.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Ya, I really agree. You have to think school is by far the biggest spreader. Pretty much everyone back in August knew that once school was back in the numbers would rise rapidly.

I think the Health Minsters position is that having kids not go to school is worse then the slow spread of COVID. The toll it takes on their mental health and learning is too much, especially for underprivileged kids.

Reactions: Duke74

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Ya, I really agree. You have to think school is by far the biggest spreader. Pretty much everyone back in August knew that once school was back in the numbers would rise rapidly.

I think the Health Minsters position is that having kids not go to school is worse then the slow spread of COVID. The toll it takes on their mental health and learning is too much, especially for underprivileged kids.

This is true for sure. I just wish they would come out and say it. Instead they are pretending spread isn't related to school. Just admit the spike is due to schools, but the cost in terms of kids education and mental health is too high to pay to not open them.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad