OT: Coronavirus XXIV Version B: The Shit Has Hit the Fan in Europe Again :( Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Wonder what will happen first, puck drop on the 2020-21 hockey season, first mainstream dose of the virus, or a definitive result of the election. I honestly don't know what I would bet on at this point. ;)

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
So for clarity is this 9% of people just reporting they had symptoms and continued about their business or people that had been tested positive and continuing about their business?

The latter should be shipped to some outpost on Hudsons bay.

I'm jk

kind of

See this I'm all for cracking down on. If you test positive self isolate for 2 weeks. Not very hard. When you start harming others then you should get a hefty fine or jail time. When I was waiting for my covid test, I had decided if I tested positive I was going camping 2 weeks in the backcountry. If I died, I died but I wouldn't be harming others.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Work settings gotta be some kind of fun now. Imagine working with f***heads that you know brought Covid to the work place, and they know too. Whats that virtual staff meeting look like down the road?

If I found out coworkers were tested positive and still coming to work I'd consider hiring a lawyer, no questions asked. Wish more people would get to the point of doing that. nothing else will get attention.

This all shouldn't really be surprising. There's roughly 50% of all cases where the source of infection is unknown. This means there are a lot of people out there doing this kind of thing and not even reporting it. Heck there's likely a fair amount of people out there who are sick and not even going out to get tested because they either don't feel like it or dont want to have to deal with being responsible for having to be isolated.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

We literally have 8 active cases within 100 kms of my house. I don't feel we need a lockdown. Maybe Edmonton and Calgary, but Edmonton had declining cases yesterday. Not sure if thats still the case.

Reactions: oilers'72

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
See this I'm all for cracking down on. If you test positive self isolate for 2 weeks. Not very hard. When you start harming others then you should get a hefty fine or jail time. When I was waiting for my covid test, I had decided if I tested positive I was going camping 2 weeks in the backcountry. If I died, I died but I wouldn't be harming others.

2.8k Covid party ticket, organized by Lucas Howard

$2,800 dollar ticket getting paid by others.

Covid fines need to be higher.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
remember when we were getting "only" 100 -150 cases a day in alberta a bit over a month ago?

O look a graph that shows exponential growth without levelling off. Can pretty much guarantee we don't see that.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
We literally have 8 active cases within 100 kms of my house. I don't feel we need a lockdown. Maybe Edmonton and Calgary, but Edmonton had declining cases yesterday. Not sure if thats still the case.

Declining?? We had our second highest case counts yesterday in Edm... and at over 800 in alberta today i would not be surprised if we hit 4-500... basically doubling our previous high. Though I agree, I would maybe only recommend lockdowns in Edm and Calgary.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
This all shouldn't really be surprising. There's roughly 50% of all cases where the source of infection is unknown. This means there are a lot of people out there doing this kind of thing and not even reporting it. Heck there's likely a fair amount of people out there who are sick and not even going out to get tested because they either don't feel like it or dont want to have to deal with being responsible for having to be isolated.

Yes, which is why I said the actual infection rate is much higher then the confirmed cases, but what do I know...

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Declining?? We had our second highest case counts yesterday in Edm... and at over 800 in alberta today i would not be surprised if we hit 4-500... basically doubling our previous high. Though I agree, I would maybe only recommend lockdowns in Edm and Calgary.

Edmonton according to Hinshaw was at an RO of 1, which means its not growing. The RO declined from an Ro of 1.1 IIRC. So basically its stabilized.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Edmonton according to Hinshaw was at an RO of 1, which means its not growing. The RO declined from an Ro of 1.1 IIRC. So basically its stabilized.

I would not trust the R naught of Edmonton if it's based on incomplete numbers and under reporting.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Yes, which is why I said the actual infection rate is much higher then the confirmed cases, but what do I know...
Ya it's higher for sure.... noone denied that. I was saying that in April. Point is it's still a very small percentage of people who have had the illness.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Ya it's higher for sure.... noone denied that. I was saying that in April. Point is it's still a very small percentage of people who have had the illness.

Its hard to know for sure, but lets say its 10X the confirmed cases. Thats 3,044,700 people that have already contracted the virus. You then have the unreliability of the PCR test and who knows.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Its hard to know for sure, but lets say its 10X the confirmed cases. Thats 3,044,700 people that have already contracted the virus. You then have the unreliability of the PCR test and who knows.

ahhhh, 10x is only 300,000 people.... and that's still less than 10% of our population in alberta.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Strikes me as opportunist pot shots. It isn't the provincial govt fault Covid is happening.

We've had about the best response, directions, information, and updates in the country, and led by the very competent Hinshaw.

Its up to the population to make restrictions work.

Yup, we were given some of the least restrictions in the country, and were given basically grade 1 level instructions on how not to screw it up. But somehow we did. Guess Rachel would have shut down businesses and the economy months ago. Wake up and place the blame where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad