Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
In retrospect, there was no need for a complete shutdown in the first place, and I don't foresee another one on the horizon in Ontario. There may be targeted restrictions for high risk businesses and facilities, but as long as everyone keeps doing the right thing we should be ok in the long run.

The main issue as of late has not been the reopening of the economy, it has been private gatherings and the carelessness of our younger demographic in the GTA and surrounding areas.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
In retrospect, there was no need for a complete shutdown in the first place, and I don't foresee another one on the horizon in Ontario. There may be targeted restrictions for high risk businesses and facilities, but as long as everyone keeps doing the right thing we should be ok in the long run.

The main issue as of late has not been the reopening of the economy, it has been private gatherings and the carelessness of our younger demographic in the GTA and surrounding areas.

cover for The schools opening

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I hear ya. There was leaked documents showing Ford doesn’t want another shutdown at all cost. That cost will be very sick and dying people potentially. Financial before health basically. I know how these things take shape from being in the loop with high ranking provincial and federal conservatives. Nice people but i know how they politic. :)

Provincial politics has wormed its way in to a health priority. Not cool. Not acceptable.
No one wants things shut down except Ontario health/hospitals. But it will happen if hospitalizations keep doubling every 8 days. At 1,200 cases a day in a week from now, 50 new hospitalizations and 10 new ICUs per day we go back to phase 2.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Agreed. Since the initial lockdown I've been working from home and stopped eating fast food for lunch. Now I eat leftovers from my wife's healthy cooking and it's made a huge difference in how I feel mentally and physically on a daily basis.
Well done. Everything counts. Best thing we can all do is get in better shape in case we get it.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
No one wants things shut down except Ontario health/hospitals. But it will happen if hospitalizations keep doubling every 8 days. At 1,200 cases a day in a week from now, 50 new hospitalizations and 10 new ICUs per day we go back to phase 2.
Doesn’t matter what we want really, it’s going to be what we get because they are dropping the ball. Check out forthills hospital in Calgary for what happens when the ball gets dropped. That place is a gongshow. No checks and balances going on there. Suppliers roam around uncontrolled to all different sections of that puppy. Deaths are happening. More will come and everyone will not take it seriously. Imagine the ones on the front lines wanting some protection eh. Shouldn’t have been busted open the way it was period.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Doesn’t matter what we want really, it’s going to be what we get because they are dropping the ball. Check out forthills hospital in Calgary for what happens when the ball gets dropped. That place is a gongshow. No checks and balances going on there. Suppliers roam around uncontrolled to all different sections of that puppy. Deaths are happening. More will come and everyone will not take it seriously. Imagine the ones on the front lines wanting some protection eh. Shouldn’t have been busted open the way it was period.
That is why I avoid going to hospitals/doc offices in these times ... breeding ground of sick people ... keep yourself healthy as you can and avoid it

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Well done. Everything counts. Best thing we can all do is get in better shape in case we get it.

Thanks bud. I've also found myself with an extra 2-3 hours a day of leisure time without having to commute to and from work in rush hour, so I've been able to do things I've never had the time to do before like work out from home and go for bike rides with my kids during the week. Covid has sucked for all of us, but in some ways, it has made me a better person.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Oh really. I’ll come back to this post in short order. What would you need children dying from it before you care. They forced kids back to school to lay the ground work to open this up. They did not even put together a quality plan for online schooling. This is intentionally killing peopke

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I’ll take it where it comes from. 20 hand picked Doctors from a Conservative rag. This is not a complete Association signing off on this.

Also their parents are probably 20 multi-millionaires so it wouldn't be the end of the world if their parents caught it and the doctors had to inherit their millions.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Thanks bud. I've also found myself with an extra 2-3 hours a day of leisure time without having to commute to and from work in rush hour, so I've been able to do things I've never had the time to do before like work out from home and go for bike rides with my kids during the week. Covid has sucked for all of us, but in some ways, it has made me a better person.
Same here. I bike 25kms like 3-5 times a week. Lots of 3km walks. Even got a rowing machine and use it a few times a week too for when biking is done. Went on vitamins based on another guy on here B, C and Zinc. Eating way less. Keeping weight around 215lbs on 6ft5 frame. Feeling better than I have since I was in my 20's. We should all do it. If this thing hits us you need to be strong. It is amazing stuff you can do when you feel a little threat. Keep it up. I think it is a big part of what we should all be doing.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Oh really. I’ll come back to this post in short order. What would you need children dying from it before you care. They forced kids back to school to lay the ground work to open this up. They did not even put together a quality plan for online schooling. This is intentionally killing peopke

My kids are doing virtual classes at home. People have a choice.

There are ways to function as a society until we get through this without going into a full scale lockdown.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
My kids are doing virtual classes at home. People have a choice.

There are ways to function as a society until we get through this without going into a full scale lockdown.
Oh good. Is it running as a quality educational platform. Its not everywhere. I was just corrected again here at home That its running well here now too. Oops :)

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I don't get why so many parents complain about at home classes. Is it the classes that are the problem or is it the change to their lifestyle, IE they don't have someone to watch the kids during the day.

I love online learning places like lynda.com and codeacademy.com are IMO great ways to learn, you don't have any in class distractions.

Online classes were a gongshow here for my kids. No interaction with the teacher or peers. Communication is a pain in the ass. The teacher is teaching X amount of kids individually as opposed to X amount of kids collectively (might be different now where they actually have face-to-face classes, but even then raising your hand to ask a question for everyone to hear is still difficult). Motivation is much less. More distractions because of the TV, iPad and video games at their disposal.

For us, the return to in class has been great. The kids are much happier. They don't complain about having to wear a mask. The protocols at the school are great so much so the kids have never mentioned about feeling worried about the virus -- everything is pretty much normal. They actually get out of the house. They get to see friends. They get to play in the school yard and act like ordinary kids and burn off energy. They are learning way more in class than they did online.

Wouldn't change our decision one bit. And that's with us having no issues with watching the kids during the day as I work from home, my wife works retail hours and thus has some days off during the week, and we have a good support system if need be to watch the kids.

For the kids' mental well being, going back to school has been a blessing not only for us, but for them too.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Online classes were a gongshow here for my kids. No interaction with the teacher or peers. Communication is a pain in the ass. The teacher is teaching X amount of kids individually as opposed to X amount of kids collectively (might be different now where they actually have face-to-face classes, but even then raising your hand to ask a question for everyone to hear is still difficult). Motivation is much less. More distractions because of the TV, iPad and video games at their disposal.

For us, the return to in class has been great. The kids are much happier. They don't complain about having to wear a mask. The protocols at the school are great so much so the kids have never mentioned about feeling worried about the virus -- everything is pretty much normal. They actually get out of the house. They get to see friends. They get to play in the school yard and act like ordinary kids and burn off energy. They are learning way more in class than they did online.

Wouldn't change our decision one bit. And that's with us having no issues with watching the kids during the day as I work from home, my wife works retail hours and thus has some days off during the week, and we have a good support system if need be to watch the kids.

For the kids' mental well being, going back to school has been a blessing not only for us, but for them too.
Yeah they were a joke. Apparently they improved

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I love to debate but you need all facts to form opinions. Its like.. you can't just dismiss information because it doesn't follow your narrative.
Its way to important a issue in society to have certain people in positions of power putting It across in a tasteless and classless proposition. The facts don’t need to be manipulative in any nature. It only invites disengagement on a important issue. It only gets solved through transparent dialogue. Most importantly it starts at home how we teach kids to be kind. Ha I’ll just stop, nobody is perfect but that was a rancid approach at that school. :)

Reactions: SlpLessInMuskoka18

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga

As someone on this forum said, if I could like a post 80 times, I would do so with this one.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Lets differentiate between work and life threatening pandemic devastating countries for some a basis. Are you screaming I don’t care because i have to work to support my lifestyle beyond government lockdown Cerb payments and deferred mortgage payments etc. The feds done a good job of assisting people to stay home and cover costs. Banks and insurance companies are the real problem and parasites on society. Government put things in place to stay home with just basics taken care of but taken care of nonetheless.
Schools are not a babysitter service are they. Yes they are

CERB is over
Work or bust now

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

I'm working 2-3 hours more per day at home ... without compensation ... but health care right now is extremely busy both front line and back office positions.

Masking and disinfecting, washing clothes when coming home from being in public places, had to buy more shorts and T-shirts.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
CERB is over
Work or bust now
I wish that were true but it is not NDP voted for Libs CERB2 plan yesterday which funds everyone who qualified for CERB1 at same $2,000/mo until May 2021.. only difference it comes from ServiceCanada instead of CRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad