Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Oh AMEN man. I totally agree. Data is forever coming in rapidly with this. They are making their expert opinions on the fly. And you know what.. to be fair they are admitting it. They are saying "My opinion as the data sits right now...." But as someone who needs to make the safest choices for my family, my peers, loved ones, etc... I need that shit to be good. :laugh:
well then keep listening to the experts. They might get some wrong, but they'll be closer than Karen from Facebook :laugh:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Cole already said this shit was off limits but any comments on what’s going on in Atlanta, Minneapolis or anywhere else from anyone on this board (given the likely demographics) should begin and end with “I don’t know the pain these people feel and have felt, so I’m not going to judge how they react when pushed to their limit.”

I'm sure that same logic could be applied to a lot of scenarios. Cops, nurses, teachers, etc. They work crazy hours with lots of pressure. Nurse could be perfect for 20 years and hand the wrong tool or not be fast enough and somebody losses their life. I'm not justifying what happened. Just saying.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I’m white, but growing up how I did, I was constantly harassed by the police just because of where I lived.

I had cops follow me home late at night and question me, ask me if I’m a thug when I was trying to help them, and threaten me over mundane things because apparently all inner city kids are drug dealing gang bangers.

My bro came home in tears one day when six cops pulled him over and threw him agt the car and held a gun to his head... simply because he was driving a car that was the same make and color as a robbery suspect.

I know what it’s like to feel my life is in danger because of cops, maybe not to the extent of a black man, but it’s scary as hell and a powerless feeling.
meanwhile out in Westmoreland country I was legit in several foot chases with the cops (jumping fences, the whole nine) and never once worried about anything beyond my parents getting mad at me. I had a cop come talk to me once because I was pointing a bb gun without the orange cap at the road, including at the cop as he pulled up. We were just dumb kids playing, but still.

So we found the similarities the other day, now we see the differences in our worlds.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
sure it's frustrating, but that's how things work. This shit is hard, and they are giving the best answer they can with the information that they have. But the world is so ready to distrust that they see that as not just a failure, but as intentional misinformation or something.

I think it's just like most things -- squeaky wheels and all that.

There have been plenty of things good, hard-working, intelligent people have said that have saved lives and helped keep us on track. But it's much more edgy and gets more clicks to cherry pick the one thing that ends up being inaccurate and run with it as the "experts don't know what they are talking about."

We're in the middle of this thing. Of course there are some bad actors but for the most part people are doing the best they can with what they have. And I would ABSOLUTELY rather listen to the opinion of people who have gone to school and had a career in these things for like decades rather than, like... literally some guy.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Cole already said this shit was off limits but any comments on what’s going on in Atlanta, Minneapolis or anywhere else from anyone on this board (given the likely demographics) should begin and end with “I don’t know the pain these people feel and have felt, so I’m not going to judge how they react when pushed to their limit.”
That can be said about anything and anyone though.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think it's just like most things -- squeaky wheels and all that.

There have been plenty of things good, hard-working, intelligent people have said that have saved lives and helped keep us on track. But it's much more edgy and gets more clicks to cherry pick the one thing that ends up being inaccurate and run with it as the "experts don't know what they are talking about."

We're in the middle of this thing. Of course there are some bad actors but for the most part people are doing the best they can with what they have. And I would ABSOLUTELY rather listen to the opinion of people who have gone to school and had a career in these things for like decades rather than, like... literally some guy.
yeah but some guy isn't in the pocket of...whoever is benefiting from all of this.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Did someone say Jeb?

c6c.jpg

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
@KesselMania - I'm just going to be very clear here. You are entitled to your own opinion, but you also have the right to simply ignore this thread and not partake in it if you think this is all voodoo. I'm fine with massively out there opinions because this is a forum and it's not just groupthink, but we are talking about a pandemic here where a lot of people lost their lives. So very simply...you've stated your point 300 times. I would recommend at this point, it's simple an agreement to disagree with the thread. Therefore - you can ignore the thread and move on.

And this continues to be the warning from thread 1 to EVERYONE. Disagreements are fine. But when you refuse to move on, it pushes forward into being a little bicker-fest where you start to attack other people for having opinions. And that is not going to happen here.

Orher people have the right to ignore my posts. Goes both ways.

I get it. I don’t have popular opinions. But the solution isn’t to tell people with unpopular opinions they should stay away. That’s garbage.

Reactions: 2wayPlay

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not compared to this, no.

Once again.. for ^ reason, we will not be discussing that topic. 1) This is a hockey forum. 2) People will not be able to hold a rational discussion.(the outrage is 100% warranted in my opinion). 3) The coronavirus is as far as we will be moving out of the simple OT/Hockey world. This is HF... this website was legit called hockey's future at one point. This is not the stage set for a racial discussion.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
yeah but some guy isn't in the pocket of...whoever is benefiting from all of this.

Right. That's the thing that can never really be explained to me correctly without the other party's eyes getting all squirrely and start saying dodgy things about the Illuminati and Bohemian Grove and shit. Everything is a conspiracy but more often than not, people cannot properly explain WHY or to what end.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Orher people have the right to ignore my posts. Goes both ways.

I get it. I don’t have popular opinions. But the solution isn’t to tell people with unpopular opinions they should stay away. That’s garbage.

Last comment on this - or you will just be removed from further threads. This is the COVID19 thread. People here want to share their experiences, keep people safe, do the right thing, etc.

If someone is coming in here saying "Meeeh this is average at best and you are all crazy for doing the things you are doing", then they can simply leave. This is not a debate thread on if Matt Murray should be re-signed and we have 2 differing opinions. This is a pandemic thread to discuss all things pandemic. People have already lost loved ones. People already have changed their lives. Some people have lost their lives and have to start from scratch. There is ZERO tolerance going forward on people who want to shit on it. That is not for this thread.

To be 100% fair - this thread is lucky to be here on HOCKEY'S FUTURE website. But it is so challenging every day to not have it affect us, this is a once in a lifetime scenario here.

So like I said. This is not a debate thread. Period.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
As we enter a new thread - we are back to thread bans people.

This is not a debate thread. For example - if you go into a Bryan Rust Appreciation thread and say Rust sucks, you will be removed. The sole purpose of this thread is to keep us up to date with what is going on (without bias) and to stay positive for one another. This is not a debate thread. This is not a political thread. This is not a discussion of everything else in the world thread (race problems, guns, etc). This is a thread to keep us together during this amazingly tough time.

I have posted over 100 warnings from March to today. I can't sit here and moderate this like a chat room. We need to respect the rules and unfortunately the very strict guidelines of discussion.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
meanwhile out in Westmoreland country I was legit in several foot chases with the cops (jumping fences, the whole nine) and never once worried about anything beyond my parents getting mad at me. I had a cop come talk to me once because I was pointing a bb gun without the orange cap at the road, including at the cop as he pulled up. We were just dumb kids playing, but still.

So we found the similarities the other day, now we see the differences in our worlds.

Ya, our worlds definitely diverged in our youth.

I was always afraid and worried they would f*** me up.

My last two instances before I moved away to college/Canada were microcosms of what I dealt with...

- in the one instance, I was pulled over for being out too late coming back from a pick up game... meanwhile I was over 18 and not under curfew laws....

The cop called in back up and even though it was 1 am, tough guy had his shades on.

Then he asked what gang we were affiliated with.. and asked my friend if his Suomi jersey were has ‘colors’.

I had the gall to explain it was a hockey jersey and was promptly threatened...

My bro diffused the situation and we were sent on our way with a warning to go home or get arrested if we were see again.

- The next incident, I dropped a friend off late at night and when I turned off his street a cop car followed me all the way home (big fun).

The cop, who was black, blocked me in my parents driveway and asked me to raise my hands and explain why I was a white kid in this neighborhood at night (insinuating I was buying drugs).

I said I lived there and accused him of being a racist.

I won’t get into the rest of the exchange, but I thought for sure he was going to go after me until my dad came outside.

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
Ya, our worlds definitely diverged in our youth.

I was always afraid and worried they would f*** me up.

My last two instances before I moved away to college/Canada were microcosms of what I dealt with...

- in the one instance, I was pulled over for being out too late coming back from a pick up game... meanwhile I was over 18 and not under curfew laws....

The cop called in back up and even though it was 1 am, tough guy had his shades on.

Then he asked what gang we were affiliated with.. and asked my friend if his Suomi jersey were has ‘colors’.

I had the gall to explain it was a hockey jersey and was promptly threatened...

My bro diffused the situation and we were sent on our way with a warning to go home or get arrested if we were see again.

- The next incident, I dropped a friend off late at night and when I turned off his street a cop car followed me all the way home (big fun).

The cop, who was black, blocked me in my parents driveway and asked me to raise my hands and explain why I was a white kid in this neighborhood at night (insinuating I was buying drugs).

I said I lived there and accused him of being a racist.

I won’t get into the rest of the exchange, but I thought for sure he was going to go after me until my dad came outside.

Living in Edmonton I could list many instances of harassment that I have dealt with throughout the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille