Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
The part of the college football hall of fame that was broken is the gift shop. They’ll be fine. I spent a few days in the hotel across the street last year for a big work conference. The reason anything happened at CNN Center is because of a police station inside.

Oddly enough if not for COVID that work conference would be happening right now and I likely would have been there.

Plus the World Health Organization serves the whole world. It’s a very good resource to be a part of when it comes to research and development of things like a vaccine during a pandemic. We’re in the middle of one of those if you’ll remember. Just more cutting off the nose to spite the face from this administration.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The SC voted 5-4 last night that limiting the amount of people that can go into church due to COVID-19 is not a violation of the 1st amendment, and it's kinda sad how there for 4 dissenters there. I think that's all I can say without getting banned from this thread :laugh:

Let's just say I don't have a high opinion on organized religion.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Since you asked, and won't provide any sources, i'll help you out! There is some evidence of diagnoses being misreported. Except, its all being reported as pneumonia. The death rates of pneumonia are skyrocketing. Funny how it's the opposite of what you're saying.

Paywall Article:
Get Access

Since its paywall, here's the juicy parts for you where they got the info.

Here are links to CDC data:
CDC national and state-by-state numbers for 2020 (since Feb 1) here: Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

CDC mortality numbers from 1999-2018 can be searched by month, state, and cause here: Underlying Cause of Death, 1999-2018 Request

Here is what the article states about national and regional numbers:
“Pneumonia kills about 50,000 people each year in the U.S., according to the CDC.
This year, at least 89,555 deaths have been attributed nationwide to pneumonia between February and mid-May.
It tends to follow a typical flu season, coming on in December and peaking in January and February before declining in March to April.
But preliminary CDC data from this year show pneumonia deaths steadily climbed in March to peak in April, mirroring the trend line for deaths linked to the coronavirus outbreak.
Surrounding states are also seeing death counts several times greater than normal:
Indiana: 1,832 COVID-19 deaths; 2,149 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 384)
Illinois: 4,856 COVID-19 deaths; 3,986 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 782)
Tennessee: 336 COVID-19 deaths; 1,704 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 611)
Ohio: 1,969 COVID-19 deaths; 2,327 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 820)
Virginia: 1,208 COVID-19 deaths; 1,394 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 451)
West Virginia: 72 COVID-19 deaths; 438 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 117)”

I really don’t see what that had to do with the quoted post but alright.

If you talk to people who actually work in hospitals who are honest about it they’ll tell you what happens far more is a person comes in with an ailment, such as chest pain, and later dies from heart failure or something. That person is tested for Covid and if they test positive, their death is charted as a Covid. That’s the reality.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
If the goal is to stand up to China, pulling funding for an international organization like the WHO is the last thing you want to do.

If the goal is to stand up to China, funneling money into organizations loyal to the Chinese is the opposite of what we should do.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
So large scale fraud by hospital administrators and employees? All putting themselves at legal risk and their professional reputations on the line so the hospital they work for collects an extra 10K?

This is a conspiracy theory.

No, it is not a conspiracy theory. There is no way to prove a person didn’t die from Covid if they tested positive. No one is going to be able to audit that and prove fraud, let alone the shit storm it would cause just by initiating said audit. Hospitals know they have nothing to worry about.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I'm pretty sure everyone wishes the virus was less dangerous. You are projecting.

Science isn't about finding the facts that reinforce your worldview, it is the pursuit of truth and understanding. Sometimes those results aren't what we'd like to see, you have to accept that.

I’m pretty sure a lot of people are hypochondriactic and love to virtue signal. That’s the issue here. No projection required.

Right. And if we’re going to find the truth, you have to do better than “show me a link to an official authority”. When seeking the truth, rule number one is, experts are always wrong. Rule number two is, look at what isn’t being said. Rule number three is, if something smells off, it probably is.

The flaw in scientism, the sort is belief in science that’s being displayed here, treating “links” and “sources” as a sort of gospel, holy books incapable of being manipulated or incorrect, is it doesn’t really understand what science is and refuses to acknowledge the possibility of bad actors in the system. It displays a belief that goes something like, something is not true unless it has been measured and catalogued, as if a species wouldn’t exist until it’s discovered and charted. It’s a ridiculous yet self-assured, narcissistic detachment from reality. It’s how you end up with a lockdown stemming from death projections in the USA being in the tens of millions.

Experts are always wrong.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@KesselMania - I'm just going to be very clear here. You are entitled to your own opinion, but you also have the right to simply ignore this thread and not partake in it if you think this is all voodoo. I'm fine with massively out there opinions because this is a forum and it's not just groupthink, but we are talking about a pandemic here where a lot of people lost their lives. So very simply...you've stated your point 300 times. I would recommend at this point, it's simple an agreement to disagree with the thread. Therefore - you can ignore the thread and move on.

And this continues to be the warning from thread 1 to EVERYONE. Disagreements are fine. But when you refuse to move on, it pushes forward into being a little bicker-fest where you start to attack other people for having opinions. And that is not going to happen here.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I’m not backing down from people ridiculing my posts. Maybe address people doing nothing constructive instead of someone having some interesting conversation.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I’m not backing down from people ridiculing my posts. Maybe address people doing nothing constructive instead of someone having some interesting conversation.

Just letting you know - that option will be taken away. Once again there needs to be a separation point. You stated your belief. Nobody stopped you from doing it. It is a very very very out there opinion not shared by many. That's okay,too. I don't sit here and moderate right/wrong. But if I didn't want to cheer for the Flyer and I go into their board and say "I don't like you guys and I'm entitled to my opinion." They will say - Yes you are.. but get the f*** out and let us have this discussion.

You don't want to take this pandemic seriously or even think it's real. So... why are you in this thread? Nobody forced you here.

This goes for everyone else. Utilize the ignore function. Do your best to keep this thread up.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Yeah, it’s hard to know if the total numbers are because states are testing more, and therefore catching more virus, or an actual spread...I tend not to look at overall numbers..here in SF we keep getting more daily virus count increases as they expand testing sites, but the death rate and hospitalizations are either staying the same or declining...I’d rather look at hospitalization figures if you can get ahold of them because I think they paint a truer picture

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
The positive percentage is the big tell in all of it. More testing will mean more positives, yeah. But for a while the state has dropped from 10% positive in tests to 6% while the number of positives stayed the same. That was a good thing! The number of percentage positive tests, however, are increasing and things have been opened for two weeks. It’s not drastic so it’s too early to sound an alarm bell, but it’s worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad