Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Did someone say Jeb?

c6c.jpg

We said Jed, ya mook!

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
A lot of people with long resumes call themselves experts and throw shit out there and call it science. I've spent significant parts of the last 27 years tearing opposing expert reports or expert testimony apart/getting (or attempting to get) them thrown out under Daubert, or helping my own experts put their reports/testimony together on certain types of models and other scientific issues. There's a lot of gray out there in the scientific world, especially when it comes to scientific models, and this whole pandemic has simply driven that point home. I wouldn't say that anyone who has questioned that science is scary.

I mean, haven't you ever said, politely of course, that a prosecutor's expert scientific witness is full of shit?

I didn’t say every expert was correct ... and there are bogus experts...but just talking about a deep mistrust of people with knowledge in a particular field or science in general

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
There's just really no reason that this kind of rule for churches should exist. They are gatherings just like any other. Use the same gathering rules as anything else.

And the church itself teaches that they don't need to be in the actual building. The people are the Church and all that. I get that it's a community thing, but so is my frisbee league. Anything about the church that anybody is trying to argue is essential can be done remotely, per the churches own teachings.

A cynic would say you can't pass the collection plate to neighbor virtually.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Looks like SWPA is getting the green light for friday. I'm stoked! Our side of the state has done a pretty effective job at minimizing loss of life. Still need to take precautions to be sure, but at least there's some positives that can be taken away.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone have any recommendations for a squat program? I’ve never put up a ton of weight anyway and then with 2 1/2 months off I lost a lot of strength and technique. Think I’m gonna do like 2 sessions per week, alternating between a higher volume day (like 4x10), a higher weight day (like 3x3) and a mid-range front-squat day (5x5 or so).

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Looks like SWPA is getting the green light for friday. I'm stoked! Our side of the state has done a pretty effective job at minimizing loss of life. Still need to take precautions to be sure, but at least there's some positives that can be taken away.
We are scheduling our masked DnD game for the following week. I'm pumped.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
dr. harvy risch yale professor in the american journal of epidemiology.
Yeah, that's the opinion article that I mentioned originally. There's no new information in there, it doesn't even count for what amounts to a review article in the medical community. It's disingenuous for anyone to use that as a new study supporting hydroxychloroquine.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think it's funny that people complain about how scary it would be to go cashless when cash itself hasn't been backed by f***all forever. What's the damned difference?

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Anyone have any recommendations for a squat program? I’ve never put up a ton of weight anyway and then with 2 1/2 months off I lost a lot of strength and technique. Think I’m gonna do like 2 sessions per week, alternating between a higher volume day (like 4x10), a higher weight day (like 3x3) and a mid-range front-squat day (5x5 or so).
Just lift until your soul dies and you can't walk right for three days.

One of my "favourite" exercises for legs is bulgarian split squats. My back had been flaring up the past few weeks so I've been going light on the legs, nothing too extreme. I did bulgarian split squats on Tuesday and I'm STILL sore today.

Reactions: Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Just lift until your soul dies and you can't walk right for three days.

One of my "favourite" exercises for legs is bulgarian split squats. My back had been flaring up the past few weeks so I've been going light on the legs, nothing too extreme. I did bulgarian split squats on Tuesday and I'm STILL sore today.
I was going real hard like that but I dialed the intensity back a tad to see if the gains are positively or negatively affected.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Some dip spray painted a hammer & sickle on the Lemieux statue.
That shit is so f***ing stupid. Whoever did that isn't worried about protesting police brutality or systematic oppression, they're just looking for an excuse to be a f***ing idiot and destroy stuff.

The more protests that pop up, the more you can tell that the purpose for the protest is being lost. In Minneapolis when they set that police station on fire? That's what this is about. Not spray painting a hammer and sickle on a f***ing hockey statue. I'd be way less mad if the message had something to do with the actual reason people were protesting

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That shit is so f***ing stupid. Whoever did that isn't worried about protesting police brutality or systematic oppression, they're just looking for an excuse to be a f***ing idiot and destroy stuff.

The more protests that pop up, the more you can tell that the purpose for the protest is being lost. In Minneapolis when they set that police station on fire? That's what this is about. Not spray painting a hammer and sickle on a f***ing hockey statue. I'd be way less mad if the message had something to do with the actual reason people were protesting
There's a video of the guy vandalizing the cop car and people in the crowd telling him to stop. Saw something that the same kid painted the statue. These people are not a part of the same protest, they are taking advantage of it.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

Yeah I think vandalism has its purpose. I can even see an argument for looting big box stores.. but dentists offices and libraries and sport statues ain’t it.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan and Mr. T

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
There's a video of the guy vandalizing the cop car and people in the crowd telling him to stop. Saw something that the same kid painted the statue. These people are not a part of the same protest, they are taking advantage of it.

Yeah there has been a ton of weirdness coming out re: this kind of stuff last few days. Some wild videos out there.

I think there are intentionally bad actors and I know that's a controversial opinion but I really do think so at this point. But unfortunately there are also just little entitled shits that wanna break stuff because they are little shits.

It's probably 40% idiots looking to start fights from either side 40% jags, and 20% undercover cops looking to start a riot. :laugh:

This seems accurate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->