Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
il_570xN.1064026491_ndjq.jpg

More like “no mods, no masters”, amirite?

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Not sure I’ve seen that estimated or why it’d matter. Or even be accurate since we don’t know how our actions will change the spread & mortality of the virus. Do you think deaths that would otherwise have happened later this year have occurred in the last few months and that it’ll balance out by Dec. 31st?

Given the number of deaths from nursing homes makes up roughly 40% of all deaths, that could be the case.

At any rate, the death rate for 2020 is higher than 2019, but doesn't appear to outpace the death rate increase per year since 2014.

The Silent Generation is almost entirely 75+ now. Boomers, a significantly larger generation (~74m to ~24m), are getting older. The death rate was always going to increase.

Reactions: 2wayPlay

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
What is the year-end death estimate for this year currently?

Since you asked, and won't provide any sources, i'll help you out! There is some evidence of diagnoses being misreported. Except, its all being reported as pneumonia. The death rates of pneumonia are skyrocketing. Funny how it's the opposite of what you're saying.

Paywall Article:
Get Access

Since its paywall, here's the juicy parts for you where they got the info.

Here are links to CDC data:
CDC national and state-by-state numbers for 2020 (since Feb 1) here: Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

CDC mortality numbers from 1999-2018 can be searched by month, state, and cause here: Underlying Cause of Death, 1999-2018 Request

Here is what the article states about national and regional numbers:
“Pneumonia kills about 50,000 people each year in the U.S., according to the CDC.
This year, at least 89,555 deaths have been attributed nationwide to pneumonia between February and mid-May.
It tends to follow a typical flu season, coming on in December and peaking in January and February before declining in March to April.
But preliminary CDC data from this year show pneumonia deaths steadily climbed in March to peak in April, mirroring the trend line for deaths linked to the coronavirus outbreak.
Surrounding states are also seeing death counts several times greater than normal:
Indiana: 1,832 COVID-19 deaths; 2,149 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 384)
Illinois: 4,856 COVID-19 deaths; 3,986 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 782)
Tennessee: 336 COVID-19 deaths; 1,704 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 611)
Ohio: 1,969 COVID-19 deaths; 2,327 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 820)
Virginia: 1,208 COVID-19 deaths; 1,394 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 451)
West Virginia: 72 COVID-19 deaths; 438 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 117)”

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Again, something is not a conspiracy theory just because you don’t like it.

There’s loads of data out there telling us the virus is nowhere near as severe as we’re being led to believe. It’s up to you to accept it.
I'm pretty sure everyone wishes the virus was less dangerous. You are projecting.

Science isn't about finding the facts that reinforce your worldview, it is the pursuit of truth and understanding. Sometimes those results aren't what we'd like to see, you have to accept that.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
It should also be noted that many states have inflated their death numbers to receive federal money by attributing death to Covid regardless of whether it was actually the cause.

So large scale fraud by hospital administrators and employees? All putting themselves at legal risk and their professional reputations on the line so the hospital they work for collects an extra 10K?

This is a conspiracy theory.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
So large scale fraud by hospital administrators and employees? All putting themselves at legal risk and their professional reputations on the line so the hospital they work for collects an extra 10K?

This is a conspiracy theory.
It's like when police officers plant drugs on an innocent person after pulling them over. Hospitals just sprinkle some COVID-19 on the deceased.

In all seriousness, hospitals (and probably rightfully so) do get more money for treating coronavirus patients. There is no financial incentive for dead coronavirus patients. If there was truly some conspiracy here, it would actually show the virus was more deadly than previously thought.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I mean really? Why? No clue what the relationship is.

This is the kind of actions ISIS did in destroying irreplaceable heritage sites that told the story of the past of their ancestors.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
WHO works for China why should the US fund that farce?
I'm not gonna wade very far into this. All I'll say is WHO didn't exactly do the WORLD any favors when it came to this Virus. And if they aren't gonna aptly warn us in such a situation, why support them? I think that's a very legitimate question. I wouldn't want to support any organization if I didn't believe they were effective or competent. Regardless of the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad