Pre-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 7:11 PM - THE BEAR is angry - TNT, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019

You have zero proof Lohrie would be better,

Now's not the time to take the training wheels off.

Pretty sure McAvoy has been on the point on ALL of our PP goals in the playoffs,

Your hate for McAvoy is almost comical at this point, not a team in the league that would not have him as their top pair D man

Thank god he's ours, enjoy it
In game 2 Lohrei spent 2:51 mins with the 2nd Unit on the Power Play.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Pretty sure McAvoy has been on the point on ALL of our PP goals in the playoffs,

Your hate for McAvoy is almost comical at this point, not a team in the league that would not have him as their top pair D man

Zero proof is fair other then my eyes watching the kid play..He easily has more offensive skills then McAvoy and shoots it more to boot, not to mention Chuck struggling all over the ice .Anyways I have no say it's Monty's call and he has Chuck running it so I will cheer him on..PS I remember one nice setup by Chuck to Brad for a one timer vs Leafs so hats off on that ,but if I am on other team I am looking pass with him.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Also is it really going to be Forbort-Peeke? Not my favourite pairing choice, but they can eat up some hard minutes at least
They will be fine hopefully. The one with the "rust" now is Peeke, not Forbort. Also, I have no problem playing Forbort over Wotherspoon. He's more physical, can PK (although Spoon did a great job on that also), and allows Peeke back in playing his right side. BTW, I keep hearing posts on different areas that Wotherspoon had to play his off side, etc., but he certainly made the bad pass on his normal left side didn't he. Also, they are starting to wear Wotherspoon down in my opinion. Even Lohrei is gradually feeling the the heat. Hopefully, we can weather the storm. Also, after two high scoring one way victories for each team, I expect the rink to tighten up a lot tonight. It's going to be Monday Night Football along the walls, corners, and in front of the net. The cute stuff won't go far. IMO.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Lohrei has 5 mins of PP vs McAvoys almost 20 mins. Pp1 has been stagnant. One of those PP goals was an empty netter.
The PP QB needs to be a good facilitator and a shot threat. McAvoy hasn't been that great at either. I wouldn't mind a switch up but also understand if they don't. Lohrei got some time last game but was a little jumpy and firing rocket passes with no touch on em. So thats not great either. He def has the smarts and awareness, just needs to relax. Also wouldn't be shocked if he gets a shot blocked and it goes the other way for a shorty haha
Good assessment but Lohrei is definitely the future on backend for Bruins

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have things to do before the game so will be leaving soon.

On the main board it feels like there is one poster for Florida.... who posts a lot.

I will leave this here.

Please try your best tonight Bs.

Hey Steve, I hope the Bruins win tonight.

1715366115091.png

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HEERE WE GO :clap::clap:

bob77

Nov 19, 2014

You are absolutely correct. In the playoffs this year, McAvoy has been on the ice for 6 PP goals for. Lindholm 1 goal for. Lohrei and Shattenkirk each at 0.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You are absolutely correct. In the playoffs this year, McAvoy has been on the ice for 6 PP goals for. Lindholm 1 goal for. Lohrei and Shattenkirk each at 0.
Last game Bruins had 3 powerplays scored 0 goals and McAvoy was out there 2:55 on them Lohrei 2:51 .Neither got it done :laugh:

Reactions: bob77

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I was resigned to the fact the Bruins would lose this series but I have to admit the hate factor for the Panthers changes my outlook. I would reallyyyyyyyy enjoy the Bruins winning this series. And I like the fact game two ended the way it did. Should add even more juice to the Garden tonight. Beating the Panthers as a big underdog and doing to them what they did to us last year would be delicious. I know the standings say otherwise but nobody really thinks the Bruins will win the series. Let's go.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
This report:

Followed almost immediately by this:

I'm getting mixed messaging...

Refs will certainly take control of the game if they think they are about to lose control which is concerning considering they always overreact when it gets chippy.

Refs all the time tell players in scrums "I'm only taking one of you". They'll purposely give one team a PP just to shut down any extra curricular even if both teams are guilty of it.

Weak stuff.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The Florida Panthers are 9-0-1 in games reffed by Dan O'Rourke over the past two seasons. Their only loss with him? Versus the Bruins this season.

Let's just hope for a fairly officiated game.
it’s probably going to be poorly officiated. A super short leash to start, then switch to prison rules for 20 minutes, only to switch right back at random at the worst possible time

Regardless, the better team usually wins.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
That shouldn benefit the bruins as long as its not us retaliating. Florida is dirty we all know it and if this series is going to scrutinized i see a lot of Bruins Pp. Be smart

The NHL doesn't want to view Florida the same way, based on the playoffs last season. An absurdly long leash until the Finals when the penalty calls at last were made. Vegas then promptly obliterated the frauds.

Reactions: BMC and lopey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad