Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It ends when most people are vaccinated so then there are fewer hosts of the virus and new variants can't evolve.

You realize the flu bug evolves and mutates every year, this is no different. Cases mean absolutely nothing. The only thing that matters is hospitalizations, so as stated a million times around the world, protect the vulnerable and move on.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
They’re doing a great job vaccinating and allocating the doses where people want them.
They have many private partners that have the resources to safely and accurately administer and record the doses. I know it’s mean and cruel to be efficient at managing the vaccination program, while protecting the people and getting through this quicker rather dragging it on for another year, but some people are just that way.

I wish I wasn’t able to purchase Jays spring training tickets , I wish the venues were closed and no one was able go to games. They have a beautiful new facility that opened last spring and it’s a shame people are able to safely go and enjoy it.

LOL what a pile of tripe, you can put a dress and lipstick on a pig, don't make it a prom queen.. well maybe in Florida it does ... ;)

Everyone is created equal but not everyone is treated equally.... the good thing is the rich are prioritized over the poor... who needs poor people meh! All they do is be poor.... Meh! More me first mentality....

Reminds me of the stories in my public school history books when France became two classes 1) opulently rich and 2) dirt poor, hundreds of years ago ... what ever happened to that society? Those who forget the past are bound to repeat it ...

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
You realize the flu bug evolves and mutates every year, this is no different. Cases mean absolutely nothing. The only thing that matters is hospitalizations, so as stated a million times around the world, protect the vulnerable and move on.

Flu = Covid-19? Good to know.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
If the vaccines do not create immunity then we need to just let it do it’s thing and move on.
If you look at the number of life years lost to lockdowns and shutdowns all over the world, we simply cannot continue this way. In rich countries older people are dying and in poor countries younger people are dying.

If you look at lives saved, we have no other choice.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
From everything I've seen vaccines don't offer permanent protection. And may not work on variants so on and on the cycle goes.
You’ll likely need a booster at some point, on a conference call in early Dec we were told 8 -10 yrs was the suspected timeframe, however I think they’ll come up with a financially beneficial alternative to offer it with the yearly flu shots.

Everything I’ve heard on the Pfizer and Moderna they will protect you from the variants.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
US will be completed vaccinations by early to mid May based on new ramp rate of 3-5M per day in next week ... Biden says May 2nd it will be done ... Canada will be next in line to get doses so we should have all vaccines we need by end of May here in Canada ... then only a question of how long we take to get shots in arms ... I am guessing 2-3 months given vast expanse of Canada ... so my guess end of August we should be done ... just in time to school in September ... and 1 month before Trudeau promise so he can SAY he won .. GTA could be done much faster but Trudeau will want to keep it political

Likely we give da 60% AstraZeneca vaccine which does not work against da variants to Shoppers and doc offices to peddle ... likely there won't be enough take up of it ... people will wait til May/June to get Moderna or Pfizer

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Transfer stations are your only option. I'm all ears if you can name another option that is free.

In a lot of the larger communities, if you have a properly run recycling program, there is each year, in some places like where I live multiple times a year, amnesty days where you can bring in anything and have it recycled for free. Paint, oil, tires, computers, what ever, free recycling.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
New variants seem to have little problem evolving and spreading. As I stated it will be a constant struggle, new vaccine, new variant, rinse and repeat. Just my opinion obviously.

Covid-19 isn't the same nor does it act the same as the flu in how it evolves or mutates, also most people don't get vaccinated for the flu. New variants emerge because a lot of people have Covid which increases the likelihood that a variant can develop. All these variants emerged when we had a high number of cases globally and basically no one vaccinated. If more people are protected by vaccines there's less hosts for a new variant to emerge.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
LOL what a pile of tripe, you can put a dress and lipstick on a pig, don't make it a prom queen.. well maybe in Florida it does ... ;)

Everyone is created equal but not everyone is treated equally.... the good thing is the rich are prioritized over the poor... who needs poor people meh! All they do is be poor.... Meh! More me first mentality....

Reminds me of the stories in my public school history books when France became two classes 1) opulently rich and 2) dirt poor, hundreds of years ago ... what ever happened to that society? Those who forget the past are bound to repeat it ...
Im sorry you're disappointed that they’re doing a good job vaccinating their residence.
I’m thankful because I’ll get to go to some spring training game in Dunedin this month.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Im sorry you're disappointed that they’re doing a good job vaccinating their residence.
I’m thankful because I’ll get to go to some spring training game in Dunedin this month.

Are they doing a good job for the poor too?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
... "everything" as long as they are not poor right?

Gotta love a society that encourages a profit motive off sick people...
Actually it’s the poor countries that are affected more by government policy.
Crimes against humanity

https://sebastianrushworth.com/2021/03/01/lockdowns-have-killed-millions/

"And while almost all the people who have died of covid have died in rich countries and been old, the vast majority of people who have died of lockdown have died in poor countries and been young. This means that the number of years of life lost to lockdown is many times greater than the number of years of life lost to covid-19 . These unintended consequences of the efforts to fight covid have caused the rate of childhood deaths to increase in 2020 for the first time in decades."

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

Have fun at spring training. I brought my kids last year for the first time, great timing, none of the players would come over for autographs. The facility is top notch though.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Are they doing a good job for the poor too?
Yes. Now I suspect they’ll have similar vaccine hesitancy that other states have, however one thing they’ve done too is reached out to community leaders and church pastors to help ease the fears and offer educational materials.
Like many states they are using churches as community vaccine locations. This might prove to be a very productive way to reach many younger people, especially once the get the J&J vaccine is made available.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Have fun at spring training. I brought my kids last year for the first time, great timing, none of the players would come over for autographs. The facility is top notch though.
It’s so much nicer than what they had. I love that we can walk all the way around the outfield and you can watch the pitchers throw in right field bullpen.
I’m glad they didn’t move the stadium out of the neighbourhood setting.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Covid-19 isn't the same nor does it act the same as the flu in how it evolves or mutates, also most people don't get vaccinated for the flu. New variants emerge because a lot of people have Covid which increases the likelihood that a variant can develop. All these variants emerged when we had a high number of cases globally and basically no one vaccinated. If more people are protected by vaccines there's less hosts for a new variant to emerge.

If Covid does continue to evolve and mutate, than what are the odds these vaccines will actually work? Wonder why the government didn’t close the borders to travel immediately? Money, that’s why. Pretty sad they value money over the lives of their citizens. But let’s keep Costco open and the liquor stores, because once again money. Joe’s barbershop has to close though, can’t have a few people getting their hair cut, just go to Walmart with 500 other people instead. Hard to take things serious when the people in charge don’t.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Actually it’s the poor countries that are affected more by government policy.
Crimes against humanity
https://sebastianrushworth.com/2021/03/01/lockdowns-have-killed-millions/
Lockdowns have killed millions - Sebastian Rushworth M.D.

"And while almost all the people who have died of covid have died in rich countries and been old, the vast majority of people who have died of lockdown have died in poor countries and been young. This means that the number of years of life lost to lockdown is many times greater than the number of years of life lost to covid-19 . These unintended consequences of the efforts to fight covid have caused the rate of childhood deaths to increase in 2020 for the first time in decades."

Gotta love how you pivot to answer questions that were not ask in order to avoid the question that was asked... are you a Poli Sci major?

The guy you quoted is also quoted as saying Sweden got it right and the rest of the world got it wrong, hmmmm... yeah... just another nut job that is pandering to the anti-masker crowd.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
If Covid does continue to evolve and mutate, than what are the odds these vaccines will actually work? Wonder why the government didn’t close the borders to travel immediately? Money, that’s why. Pretty sad they value money over the lives of their citizens. But let’s keep Costco open and the liquor stores, because once again money. Joe’s barbershop has to close though, can’t have a few people getting their hair cut, just go to Walmart with 500 other people instead. Hard to take things serious when the people in charge don’t.

Not entirely the reason why they kept liquor stores open. It's probably a more practical reason IE: we have millions of alcoholics in this country, shut down their supply and what happens? I don't think the govt should be in the dealer business but no doubt they thought out the repercussion of taking away booze cold turkey from people with additions.

Reactions: Pink Mist

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Gotta love how you pivot to answer questions that were not ask in order to avoid the question that was asked... are you a Poli Sci major?

The guy you quoted is also quoted as saying Sweden got it right and the rest of the world got it wrong, hmmmm... yeah... just another nut job that is pandering to the anti-masker crowd.
You specifically asked about poor people and public health and they are severely affected by the decision of public health policies and cannot be forgotten.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Pfizer has come out and stated its vaccine works against SA and UK variants ... AstraZeneca is a dead virus so it works on regular strain but does not on variants but it can probably be reworked to combat da variants ... it is why most people likely won't take da AstraZeneca shot and wait for Pfizer here in GTA where da variants are everywhere already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad