Speculation: Corey Perry to Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
D4LLbnL.png

Perry hasnt been good in years. Let's get off the nostalgia train.

Reactions: hoglund

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
13 pages on a guy who can't skate or score goals anymore...well, it wouldn't be the first time.

If there’s one thing about Perry it is that he’s a gamer and has his pride. Don’t be surprised if he has a great season due to having a chip in his shoulder from getting bought out. Especially playing in front of friends and family here.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
If there’s one thing about Perry it is that he’s a gamer and has his pride. Don’t be surprised if he has a great season due to having a chip in his shoulder from getting bought out. Especially playing in front of friends and family here.

Supposing that that's a correct interpretation of Perry's decline...What does that say about his professionalism? I think Perry has pride for himself and by extension has had enough motivation his entire life to be successful whenever he's played. This to say, I don't think motivation is the problem here. It's degradation. And a degradation all the self-help books and videos can't motivate past his biological limitations. And how does a player like that, paid as he was, suddenly produce again on a substantially lesser contract?

Have a look at the end of Dany Heatley's career stats. We don't want to be for Perry what the Wild was for Heatley.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
Supposing that that's a correct interpretation of Perry's decline...What does that say about his professionalism? I think Perry has pride for himself and by extension has had enough motivation his entire life to be successful whenever he's played. This to say, I don't think motivation is the problem here. It's degradation. And a degradation all the self-help books and videos can't motivate past his biological limitations. And how does a player like that, paid as he was, suddenly produce again on a substantially lesser contract?

Have a look at the end of Dany Heatley's career stats. We don't want to be for Perry what the Wild was for Heatley.

Yeah but he wouldn’t be coming here to be “the guy”. That’s the difference, Limited minutes in a sheltered role could be good. Also, I don’t believe his injuries are debilitating to the point that he couldn’t be effective. He’s still got skill and the league is much softer than what it was.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Yeah but he wouldn’t be coming here to be “the guy”. That’s the difference, Limited minutes in a sheltered role could be good. Also, I don’t believe his injuries are debilitating to the point that he couldn’t be effective. He’s still got skill and the league is much softer than what it was.

If anything he gives us a guy who would not be afraid to engage in front of the net. Seeing Carlo and MacAvoy play 1 foot bigger against our softies has to stop.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
True. 15 goals + his grit for 1M would be worth it though. Brown barely gave us 8 for 2+M.

He's not signing for 1M. And I doubt he sees himself as a 9-12 forward, either.

Even if both those happened...our coach is Mike Babcock, which means "we needed Pears out there" regardless of results.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
He's not signing for 1M. And I doubt he sees himself as a 9-12 forward, either.

Even if both those happened...our coach is Mike Babcock, which means "we needed Pears out there" regardless of results.

Only way he signs with the Leafs is if he wants to win and play at home. If he does not realise what he is at this stage, I would stay away.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
I wouldn't be opposed to it on the 3rd line if he comes in cheap enough. The guy has jam, something this team lacks.

ITM

Jan 26, 2012

Much faster as well.

ITM

Jan 26, 2012
If anything he gives us a guy who would not be afraid to engage in front of the net. Seeing Carlo and MacAvoy play 1 foot bigger against our softies has to stop.

Be interesting to see the entire Bruins affect once Chara is retired.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
So why not put him on LTIR? Doesn't a buyout count against your cap?
Anaheim has an internal budget so it wouldn't really matter either way. They arent worried about the cap space. Seemed more like Anaheim and Perry wanted a divorce. Something was definitely going on behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad