Speculation: Corey Perry to Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
We're not really in a position to be looking to add any players until we know how the Marner/Kapanen/Johnsson/Marleau/Zaitsev contracts play out.
He might come really cheap because he's being paid by Anaheim. There's still some gas in the tank and he could play a nice veteran role. I don't think money or cap space will be a factor.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
1 year, $1m. Similar to Ennis deal. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I second this, reunite Hyman with Matthews-Nylander and put Perry on Tavares-Marner line.

If Tavares could keep up to Marner, Perry shouldn't have any issues. Both not the quickest of skaters.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Would depend on other roster moves. Currently the team isn't lacking in RW options. Ennis was also mainly a fourth line winger with secondary PP time. What role is envisioned for Perry as a Leaf?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If he's cheap with minimal term, sure why not?

If not I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If he's cheap with minimal term, sure why not?

If not I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole
I have no problem with the 1 year, 1 million start your career again revolving door.

Ennis, Perry, next year someone else. For 1 million it’s doable.

Reactions: Kiwi

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Would depend on other roster moves. Currently the team isn't lacking in RW options. Ennis was also mainly a fourth line winger with secondary PP time. What role is envisioned for Perry as a Leaf?

Sign him for anything that can be fully buried in the AHL. I see him as a 4th liner who can play on the 2nd PP unit, much like Ennis was last year.

Reactions: Buds17

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Sign him for anything that can be fully buried in the AHL. I see him as a 4th liner who can play on the 2nd PP unit, much like Ennis was last year.

o_O one bad season does not make a 1st liner into a 4th liner...he hasn't slowed down enough yet to be stuck beside Gauthier and left to rot lol

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Perry Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Kapanen
Moore Gauthier Bracco (Marchment)

Marchment (Bracco)

Rielley Dermott
Muzzin Rosen
Borgmann Lilegren

***Borgmann and Rosen interchangeable depending on how they adjust to the NHL game and Lilegren to the second pairing if he shows ANY ability to stick in the NHL**

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I expect this to happen .

With Brown gone, Marleau gone and Hyman out to start the year there are going to be some holes on the wing and as much as people want to uou can't fill them all with Marlies

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
The leafs are going to be moving players in and out this offseason on so if it can work I would have no problem with 1.5 - 2.0 x 1

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Peterborough native and has made tons in his career already and with the money from the buyout he might settle for 4-5m per on a one year deal. They usually do after a buyout.

Nylander - Matthews - Perry
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Petan - Mikheyev
Moore - Marchment - Korshkov
Bracco

Kadri traded for D.
Kapanen traded for D and to help move out Marleau.
Gauthier to AHL or traded for a mid round pick.
Brown traded for D or picks.

Those are Stanley Cup final calibre forward lines. If Kadri/Kapanen/Brown can shore up the D with sub 2m players we would be looking really good moving forward.

Reactions: hullsy47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad