Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Nylander: 27 pts in 54 games
Liljegren: 1st round mid range pick that has not developed well in his draft plus +1 and +2 years. "Could" develop nicely? You think this going to fool other GM's?
Pick: 20+ range

This only fits for the Leafs. Subban is not trending well cause he had an off year due to playing with a injury. The Preds are not going to trade him for cheap. Keep dreaming. Subban does fit though on the Leafs. If you really want him, you will need to offer up a more serious package.
Not to comment on the original proposal, but I think its not fair to say Subban's down year should be ignored but that Nylander is lacking value because he had a down year.
Or that Subban's injury should be taken into account, but then not taking Liljegren's injury into account.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Look more into the story. He clearly craves the spotlight.

There is no question he loves the spotlight but I'm curious to know how much he loves it. Do you think he loves it so much he would pay $10M for it? Or could it be an additional bonus to believing in something? I'm not saying you are wrong but I think there is a lot more to a $10M donation than a spotlight - that's a lot of money.

I think the original argument was Gallagher being a "top class guy" or something like that. I'm curious to know why people feel PK isn't? He didn't get a long with Patches and turns out neither did management. I don't have a horse in this race so I don't really care but I'm curious to know why people feel this way about PK. Is it because he's a character in a league of generic clichés? Serious question.

Also, I'd take PK's skillset on my team any day.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
If (Big If) McDavid is nearing the end of his time in Edmonton they should look at working with Nashville. While the Preds would need to add something Subban would be a great piece going the other way.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Subban for Nylander Liljegren and a 1st is my starting offer, but im probably gonna get plastered
I think that's more than enough, but Leafs would want to include some cap in that deal. I think TOR might be the perfect landing spot for Subban, and I'm not sure that Nylander doesn't need a new start. NSH would be gambling that Nylander really is a legit first line forward, rather than whatever he is now. I thinking adding Liljegren and a 1st might too much. Age, and cap, matter.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
If (Big If) McDavid is nearing the end of his time in Edmonton they should look at working with Nashville. While the Preds would need to add something Subban would be a great piece going the other way.

Already mentioned in this post but a guy like Subban would hate living in Edmonton. He also would almost certainly not re sign in 10 yrs so theres no way he would be the core return for a McDavid. For a Nugent Hopkins maybe. But like I said , Subban living in Edmonton wouldnt work.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Gallagher is a top class guy??
Lol
I don’t think so.
I’d take Subban on my team any day over Gallagher.

Well thats likely because you dont play the sport. I played with a couple guys that were with him in Belleville, not the most glowing reviews to put it kindly. When it comes to hockey Subban is about Subban. I bet he ends up playing for atleast two more teams in the NHL before he is finished. Players of his talent shouldnt be moving as often as he likely will. Thats not to say he isnt a good or generous person I, I believe he is, I just dont know if his personality fits in with a hockey culture for long periods of time.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'm not sure I buy the "Subban will age well" part, especially considering he uses Karlsson to further his argument.

Subban relies on skills just as much as Karlsson. He used to be a very mobile dman, but his skating has gradually been getting worse over the last 5 years or so to an extent where he can't really do some of the things he used to do. Subban has shown in the past that he can play a fairly laid back game and be effective at it, but everyone knows he has a tendency to put himself in tough situations by being too aggressive and without the foot speed to recover, it could turn very badly for him as he ages. I've seen him get caught flat footed since his last season as a Habs a disproportionate amount of times compared to his younger days.

Thing is, a guy like Karlsson, whether he takes training seriously or not, is a naturally very fluid skater and he can recover more easily. He's also a lot lighter than Subban, and it shows. Another guy that has the speed to recover from his mistakes more often than not is Letang. Subban is at a point in his career where he can't really afford to get caught because there's no way he'll be back in time to break up plays on the other side of the ice.

I've been saying for years PK should go back to around 195-200 pounds, which was his weight when he first came into the league. He was plenty strong enough to handle guys like Ovechkin and Crosby in the corners, again, as a rookie, at that weight. And then he bulked up to around 220 and his skating was never quite the same. Maybe he's even stronger in the corners now, but it came at too big of a cost in my opinion.

In any case, I don't really know where to pin Subban's value these days. If there's a team that can afford to trade a guy like that without getting a similar RD in return, it sure is Nashville. In the grand scheme of things, it could be the smart move for them.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'd be worried about the back-end of that deal considering his issues. But, given Toronto's needs, they'd be stupid to not inquire if they can get him for a package that doesn't include Matthews, Marner, Tavares (can't even be included because of NMC) or Rielly. Nylander+ is absolutely something that should be on the table.

I'd be fine with Nylander+ but there would need to be some retention unless the + is Zaitsev.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Foolish idea by Nashville to move on from Subban. You aren't gonna find too many players who are better. There's no sense in making what will become an obvious downgrade. I don't know who they'd trade PK for an expect to get better for it.

I guess they trade out for the 1st overall pick if that team wants Subban??

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I'd be worried about the back-end of that deal considering his issues. But, given Toronto's needs, they'd be stupid to not inquire if they can get him for a package that doesn't include Matthews, Marner, Tavares (can't even be included because of NMC) or Rielly. Nylander+ is absolutely something that should be on the table.
No way, at any time, could Babcock and Subban be together on the same team, the Olympics proved that.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
As always with situations like this where there's smoke there's fire. None of us know Subban the person. He seems like a nice guy with an outgoing personality who has made a positive name for himself in the community. That said......he doesn't appear to be particularly well-liked within certain factions within certain locker rooms. He's not the first guy to have this issue and won't be the last. It seems his act brings with it a limited shelf life. Good and at times great player with baggage. Would be interested to see what kind of return the Preds could get for him.

member 290103

Subban obviously has major issues with his teammates. I'd stay away from him. Great talent, but I think he is more about self promotion than winning.

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

member 290103

LOL, something? Um yeah....

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The kind of person who doesn't actually give it but claims to have.

His organization pledged 10m. PK is only donating approx 125k. He keeps saying he donated 10m but he didn't and his org is way way behind on their pledge
I'm not a Subban fan but you're wrong. His org is on track. I'm not sure what comes out of his pocket but moot point. 3 of 10 mil raised so far.

http://www.pksubban.com/philanthropy/

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
If you donate $100 and I donate $200, does that mean that I'm a better person than you?

If I donate 10% of my salary to a charity, does that automatically make me a good person?

Pablo Escobar donated wayyyy more than Subban. That makes him the best person.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have trouble seeing too many teams who can easily take on Subban's cap hit with the performance he had this year. A bunch of teams that seem like good matches for him can't easily take back his cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad