Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It's literally the opposite... You're trying to prove Subban is a good person because he donated to a hospital, all I said was anyone can donate money.

You said Subban always striked you as a bad person, then when provided evidence of a good action he did you spun in around saying that anyone, even bad people, can do good things (donate money). I'm not entirely sure what you're implying here. It seems like you're throwing shit at the wall until it sticks and whenever someone comes back with something good Subban did you'll just say "Well bad guys also do that".... You're not bringing anything here.

You're saying "This guy stikes me as a bad person"... What leads you to that conslusion? What's something tangible that happened that can lead you to realistically call this person a bad person?

This is where the conversation ends. Because there's nothing. This seems like an opinion added to this post just to try to stir the pot more than anything actually valid.

Last edited:

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Did an amazing job with Turris, excellent asset management there....I feel the cup is right around the corner for them

For a GM so revered, David Poile hasn't won a Cup with Nashville after being the GM there for what like 20 years?

And only reached the Stanley Cup finals only once in two decades as GM.

If Poile was in a bigger market the media and fans would be swarming him bad.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
being a kind, generous person off the ice and being a bad teammate arent mutually exclusive, although im not claiming subban is anything

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I think 23 year old Nylander for 30 year old Subban would hurt the Leafs' long-term cup chances.
If you think “long-term” every year, you’re never going to win a Cup. There’s a time to keep your younger assets, and there’s a time to trade them to win now. And I mean some young assets. Obviously not all, as good GMs identify which ones are true core pieces and which ones are not.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
This is the perfect year to buy low on Subban

I would give up significant assets for Subban if Nashville were willing to retain 1m or so of his salary

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
If Karlsson doesn't stay in San Jose, I think Subban would be a great fit there.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Bergevin won that trade. Weber is still a beast, even after that brutal injury and Subban is already started his decline.

[MOD]

Weber was already declining when the trade took place lmao, nice try tho. Slow as a snail and always injured. What a beast.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
1. This is like the third or fourth round of Subban trade rumors started by some rando Canadian small-timer. Nothing ever came of those previous rumors, doubt anything different will happen now. What sources does Corey Hirsch (or any of these other "insiders") have in Nashville?

2. Subban had a bad year and trading him now would be selling low. He was Norris caliber two seasons ago and he could return to that form next year.

3. Any trade offer better include someone who can step into our top-4 and log big minutes to make up for losing Subban.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
For a GM so revered, David Poile hasn't won a Cup with Nashville after being the GM there for what like 20 years?

You get some slack when the Preds were a budget team for the majority of that time. On top of that, owners forced the team to be blown up twice.

Reactions: triggrman and DaveG

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
do not think Nashville can move him with that contract

Last edited by a moderator:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
He wouldn't be that old (33) compared to other players on expiring contracts. As a GM, I would trade for him if my team could take on the salary.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world

I’m not even a predators fan and even I know they didn’t even spend to the cap and were almost sold off and relocated like a decade ago. If Poile was in a bigger market he wouldn’t have had those constraints on the team in the first place. Besides he started when they were a beyond terrible expansion team and had to built the team from the ground up.

It’s not until a couple years ago that Nashville started spending to the cap.

Reactions: DaveG

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
1. This is like the third or fourth round of Subban trade rumors started by some rando Canadian small-timer. Nothing ever came of those previous rumors, doubt anything different will happen now. What sources does Corey Hirsch (or any of these other "insiders") have in Nashville?

2. Subban had a bad year and trading him now would be selling low. He was Norris caliber two seasons ago and he could return to that form next year.

3. Any trade offer better include someone who can step into our top-4 and log big minutes to make up for losing Subban.

1. you have absolutely no clue of who corey hirsch's sources/insiders are.

2. pretty sure thats not how poile operates. he wouldnt sell low because he had a down year. i think hes smarter than that.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Poile always knows when to trade his assets away. Smart man.
Wouldn't really pony up what he would probably want for Subban. He's almost 30 and not sure how many elite years he has in the tank

Yep, turning 30 in less than a month. I don’t know about you but I found Subban extremely slow this year.

Reactions: McDrai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad