Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Sportsnet and Canucks radio guy and former NHL goalie who is known to have a tonne of connections in the inner NHL circle Corey Hirsch, was on air today discussing Dmen that are possibly going to be available.

He expressed that he is "100% sure " that Nashville wants to move Subban because of his 10mil contract.

Hirsch goes on to say that he doesnt know if a young team like the Canucks can handle Subbans personality. He states that theres a reason someone like a top class guy Brendan Gallagher cant stand Subban.

Hirsch did go on to defend Subban saying guys like him will age well in NHL because they take their fitness very seriously which Is why Chara has been successful. He then says it might be a better idea to go after guys like Subban rather than someone like Karlsson who relies more on skill but doesnt take off season as seriously because they wont age well in NHL.

Thoughts ?

Who would be interested in Subbans 10mil/ yr salary? Big personality but still a top pairing Dman.

Offers on Subban?

I believe this for sure especially if Nashville fizzles out again in the playoffs.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'd be worried about the back-end of that deal considering his issues. But, given Toronto's needs, they'd be stupid to not inquire if they can get him for a package that doesn't include Matthews, Marner, Tavares (can't even be included because of NMC) or Rielly. Nylander+ is absolutely something that should be on the table.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Poile always knows when to trade his assets away. Smart man.
Wouldn't really pony up what he would probably want for Subban. He's almost 30 and not sure how many elite years he has in the tank
Did an amazing job with Turris, excellent asset management there....I feel the cup is right around the corner for them

Reactions: ClydeLee and McDrai

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'd be worried about the back-end of that deal considering his issues. But, given Toronto's needs, they'd be stupid to not inquire if they can get him for a package that doesn't include Matthews, Marner, Tavares (can't even be included because of NMC) or Rielly. Nylander+ is absolutely something that should be on the table.
Subban has 3 years left on his deal. He did 2 years of this deal in Montreal and this is year 3 in Nashville. He was drafted in 2007, a year before Karlsson, Jossi, Pietroangelo who should all sign new deals in the summer (last 2 still have a year left but are eligible to sign). Subban turns 30 this year. His deal takes him to 33.

Those other 3 you’re signing them until they turn 36-38.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

I think 23 year old Nylander for 30 year old Subban would hurt the Leafs' long-term cup chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->