Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

Mar 11, 2013
QC
I agree he needs to go, once I saw an interview with him and he wasn't speaking in a monotone voice and didn't even tell the guys to get the pucks in deep and said NOTHING about giving it 110%, the boys had no idea what to do next game. Trade him before he donates to a children's hospital or something.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Difficult to get any value after the down year he's had and with how expensive his contract is. There's now also some concerns with injuries . WIll it get better or worse ? I think exploring trade options makes sense . If Nashville can find a trade that works on the other hand ? That may not be the case.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Get plastered? Poile can’t drive Subban to the airport quick enough with how much of an overpayment that offer is

Subban is worth a lot... even on a off year. Leafs 1st is a late pick (20+) moving forward and Liljegren has not developed very well in his draft +1 and +2 years. So it's really Nylander and two grade B prospects. Maybe you hit with the 20+ pick but that comes with no guarantees.

That offer was not overpayment. Nylander with 27 pts in 54 games is nothing to brag about

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Subban is worth a lot... even on a off year. Leafs 1st is a late pick (20+) moving forward and Liljegren has not developed very well in his draft +1 and +2 years. So it's really Nylander and two grade B prospects. Maybe you hit with the 20+ pick but that comes with no guarantees.

That offer was not overpayment. Nylander with 27 pts in 54 games is nothing to brag about
Well I would say that Poile is smart enough to know that this season was not Nylander's best.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Hopefully Dallas is at least thinking about it. Adding Subban on the back end would be amazing.

Also....imagine Subban and Seguin in the same locker room. :laugh:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yes. But the idea that Subban is traded for cheap because of one off year playing hurt is ridiculous.
I agree, but I don't think that Nylander + Liljegren + pick(s) is "cheap" either. He's nearly 30 and I think that Poile would find two young, talented pieces like Nylander and Liljegren as pretty attractive. Liljegren could develop very nicely in their system.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Seriously.

What kind of ******* gives money to an hospital?

Clearly only wants attention.

:sarcasm:
I like PK but get your facts right. As of today he hasn't given a penny. He has just given his name, his brand and a little bit of time to collect the money. If at the end of a specified time (I forget when) he will pay for the short fall if there is any short fall.

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree, but I don't think that Nylander + Liljegren + pick(s) is "cheap" either. He's nearly 30 and I think that Poile would find two young, talented pieces like Nylander and Liljegren as pretty attractive. Liljegren could develop very nicely in their system.

Nylander: 27 pts in 54 games
Liljegren: 1st round mid range pick that has not developed well in his draft plus +1 and +2 years. "Could" develop nicely? You think this going to fool other GM's?
Pick: 20+ range

This only fits for the Leafs. Subban is not trending well cause he had an off year due to playing with a injury. The Preds are not going to trade him for cheap. Keep dreaming. Subban does fit though on the Leafs. If you really want him, you will need to offer up a more serious package.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Says the peanut gallery not watching Marlies games.

Keep dreaming that Liljegren is developing well. More like stalled development and a grade B asset at this stage. I like Cale Fleury on the Habs to but do I think he is a grade A asset? No.

Sorry man, Liljegren has not done much in his draft +1 and +2 years of developing. But you can keep your hope glasses on if you wish

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
As bad as Rangers need RD, I don't see he is a fit at that price/term/age, although I could see if we got something out of it, him coming here. However, do not see him as a Lucic/Ryan/Seabrook black hole contract for longer term which is too much albatross w/o crazy overpay.

Rangers are out on this one,
UNLESS and to extent that
they participate as 3rd party to help broker a deal.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Keep dreaming that Liljegren is developing well. More like stalled development and a grade B asset at this stage. I like Cale Fleury on the Habs to but do I think he is a grade A asset? No.

Sorry man, Liljegren has not done much in his draft +1 and +2 years of developing. But you can keep your hope glasses on if you wish

...Says the peanut gallery not watching Marlies games.

Dealing with an ankle sprain and still being able to be a top pair, 1st unit pk defenseman in the AHL (on a playoff team) at U20 is great development from the player he was on draft day. The offense hasn't come as expected but he still projects as a very good bet to be a top 4 defenseman.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
...Says the peanut gallery not watching Marlies games.

Dealing with an ankle sprain and still being able to be a top pair, 1st unit pk defenseman in the AHL (on a playoff team) at U20 is great development from the player he was on draft day. The offense hasn't come as expected but he still projects as a very good bet to be a top 4 defenseman.

So you think these reasons keep his value high and other teams GM's value him like you do? :laugh: . The point is this, he is not trending well so why do you expect to get the value you want or think you can get?

I know Liljegren's game very well and I think Sandin is your best prospect. Then there is drop off after that. Liljegren is no longer worth mid 1st range value. Far from it. You can hope he turns it around and he might but thinking you get the value on the trade market for him is a stretch

Liljegren is not very reliable in his own end. Did you know this? If the offense have not come yet and he is average at best in his own end (AHL competition), you are riding the hope wagon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad