Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
this is like a block from my house lols about 2-3 kilometres away from his giant photo on the children's hospital SUBBAN town

p-k-subban-weber-ad.jpg

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mont...ld-feelings-over-subban-weber-trade-1.5094238

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Can Nashville fans chime in? Has he really outstayed his welcome?
The simple truth of it is with the expansion draft around the corner this team can not afford to protect 4-4 again to keep all of Josi/Ellis/Suban/Eckholm so one of them will be moved so they can go the 3-7 route. Subban is the likely candidate in most Nashville fans perspective.

If it were not for the expansion draft I do not think this would be considered.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The simple truth of it is with the expansion draft around the corner this team can not afford to protect 4-4 again to keep all of Josi/Ellis/Suban/Eckholm so one of them will be moved so they can go the 3-7 route. Subban is the likely candidate in most Nashville fans perspective.

If it were not for the expansion draft I do not think this would be considered.
"most Nashville fans perspective"... I dunno, Ellis is as likely to be somebody we as fans would move, but anyway, I also think it would not hurt us to lose a D in expansion. The next 2 years mean a lot for this team. What happens after that is not too much of a worry at this point. Right now, we think we have 5D to protect in the expansion draft, including Fabbro, so trading 1 doesn't really solve anything. In a way, just keeping all 5 is kind of a built-in protection.

If a trade is available it needs to help the team NOW, and what it means come expansion draft time isn't a driving factor. In that sense, I also don't care if we traded for a F or D - whatever makes the team better. There are D for D trades that could make the team better.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
A top defenseman for 3rd line center, defenseman on a terrible contract(cap dump) and a 1st?
Nylander, Liljegren and a 2nd for Subban. Or Ellis for Nylander
kadri would be no.2, heck might even be no.1 on the preds. turris blows and ryjo is invisible practically 90% of the time.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
A top defenseman for 3rd line center, defenseman on a terrible contract(cap dump) and a 1st?

Over the last 3 seasons:

Johansen
43 goals, 179 points in 241 games (19 minutes per game)
= .74 PPG

Kadri
80 goals, 160 points in 235 games (16:30 minutes per game)
= .68 PPG

So despite playing 2 and a half minutes per game less, Kadri has nearly matched Johansen's production over the last 3 seasons

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015

Ellis for Nylander would have both sides talking. After July 1st when Nylander bonus is paid

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Over the last 3 seasons:

Johansen
= .74 PPG

Kadri
= .68 PPG

So despite playing 2 and a half minutes per game less, Kadri has nearly matched Johansen's production over the last 3 seasons
That means less coming from a system/team that put up almost 50 more goals this past season. Kadri is probably a 45-50 point player on the Preds (which is a knock on our system, not him). But generally I think we won't get players of much higher quality as centerpieces for Subban. All the more reason not to consider shopping him.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Over the last 3 seasons:

Johansen
= .74 PPG

Kadri
= .68 PPG

I wouldn't mind having kadri. Wasn't a knock on him just not for subban and especially taking a terrible contract in Zaitsev.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Ellis for Nylander would have both sides talking. After July 1st when Nylander bonus is paid

It's certainly in the ballpark of possibilities, my only concern from Toronto's perspective would be the age difference

Trading a skilled player that has yet to enter his prime for a player in the middle of his is less than ideal

I think I'd rather take my chances with the return that Kadri can bring in trade

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I wouldn't mind having kadri. Wasn't a knock on him just not for subban and especially taking a terrible contract in Zaitsev.

Maybe I'm wrong, but assuming they want to keep their young core together, I think the only way Toronto could take on Subban's contract would be if Zaitsev was off the books

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Maybe I'm wrong, but assuming they want to keep their young core together, I think the only way Toronto could take on Subban's contract would be if Zaitsev was off the books
Only reason Nashville would want to get rid of Subban or Ellis for that matter was if they have the confidence in fabbro to play in the top 4. They are just not gonna dump either of the 2. Nashville needs forward help and Toronto needs defensive help especially a rhd. That's why Nylander for Ellis works the best for needs and cap space. I would even add a pick to get that done. As far a subban only way that happens is if you could dump Zaitsev or marleau to some other team.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Only reason Nashville would want to get rid of Subban or Ellis for that matter was if they have the confidence in fabbro to play in the top 4. They are just not gonna dump either of the 2. Nashville needs forward help and Toronto needs defensive help especially a rhd. That's why Nylander for Ellis works the best for needs and cap space. I would even add a pick to get that done. As far a subban only way that happens is if you could dump Zaitsev or marleau to some other team.

Losing a defenseman for nothing in the expansion draft would be another reason, wouldn't it?

Reactions: Katani Kalan

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
do not think Nashville can move him with that contract
They are pr0bably hoping that they can get Weber back for him because of the recapture penalty.
It would cost them some retaining on Subban and some other interesting asset for the Habs to even think about it.
Subban retained
an interesting asset
for Weber.
:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->