OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I will have to give that one a shot. AMC really has had some good shows with the first few seasons of the Walking Dead (nobody thought this genre could be done and it was a smash hit), Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

Another one I’ve heard good things about is Killing Eve. Has anyone see that?

I posted about Killing Eve a few pages back. It's a really good show.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This looks fun, like amazing race with dogs, Vonn and her/PKs dogs look to be hosts as well haha...

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
So, I just finished Mr Robot and uh yeah wow lol. What a finale. I love when you can tell a writer or show runner had a plan all along and didn’t just come up with the ending out of nowhere. Great stuff.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
So, I just finished Mr Robot and uh yeah wow lol. What a finale. I love when you can tell a writer or show runner had a plan all along and didn’t just come up with the ending out of nowhere. Great stuff.

Nice!!! Glad you liked it! And yeah it is sooo good an amazing when a show runner..actually plans. The last few episodes blew my mind like crazy. Was in tears the last episode for sure.

Always sad to see an amazing show come to an end. So glad it didnt over stay its welcome.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Nice!!! Glad you liked it! And yeah it is sooo good an amazing when a show runner..actually plans. The last few episodes blew my mind like crazy. Was in tears the last episode for sure.

Always sad to see an amazing show come to an end. So glad it didnt over stay its welcome.

How do I use spoiler tags again? I have a question for you.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Shows I've recently watched and/or completed ranked:

The Queens Gambit - A - excellent miniseries

The Crown - B+ - I'm only 2/3 of the way through season 2 but am very much so enjoying it

The Mandolorian - B - not a huge stars wars guy but this series has certainly kept my attention

What all 3 of these series have in common is the impressive acting/casting and superb production quality.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yeah im not sure how to do spoilers. Let me try..
test

(spoiler)Text hidden in spoiler(/spoiler) but use brackets instead of parentheses

Just to confirm... all of what we watched the first 4 seasons really happened, right? The big reveal was that it wasn’t the original Elliot’s story we were following but the mastermind split personality controlling Elliot in the real world.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Shows I've recently watched and/or completed ranked:

The Queens Gambit - A - excellent miniseries

The Crown - B+ - I'm only 2/3 of the way through season 2 but am very much so enjoying it

The Mandolorian - B - not a huge stars wars guy but this series has certainly kept my attention

What all 3 of these series have in common is the impressive acting/casting and superb production quality.

Your first 2 are on my watch list and I’m shocked that a chess movie is there but I keep hearing such good things. I still am going to need a nudge to finally start it though.

Mandalorian is great ... coming from a casual fan of the genre. Each episode truly feels movie quality.

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Yeah it all happened for the most part. The last bit in the "perfect world" was in his head though. Everything else was real but seen through the eyes of "our" split personality Elliot. I had suspected that he had some form of identity disorder through and suspected Dissociative identity disorder for a while. So once it was revealed..it really made perfect sense and cleared up a lot of questions i had from previous seasons. [/spoiler)]

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Your first 2 are on my watch list and I’m shocked that a chess movie is there but I keep hearing such good things. I still am going to need a nudge to finally start it though.

Mandalorian is great ... coming from a casual fan of the genre. Each episode truly feels movie quality.

Queen’s Gambit is good. It’s a character drama as much as about chess but the chess is legit as well.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yeah it all happened for the most part. The last bit in the "perfect world" was in his head though. Everything else was real but seen through the eyes of "our" split personality Elliot. I had suspected that he had some form of identity disorder through and suspected Dissociative identity disorder for a while. So once it was revealed..it really made perfect sense and cleared up a lot of questions i had from previous seasons. [/spoiler)]

I missed your response at first. Thank you for the reply.

were they saying that throughout the seasons, we as the viewer were seeing different versions of Elliots identities carry out the story?

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I missed your response at first. Thank you for the reply.

were they saying that throughout the seasons, we as the viewer were seeing different versions of Elliots identities carry out the story?

Throughout most of the show we are seeing things through mostly "Our Elliot" who is the main one in the show. The original Elliot never really makes an appearance, besides some gaps in "our elliot's" memory in which he escapes the "perfect world" a few times. (if I recall one such time is when Elliot ends up in the SUV of Tyrell Wellick but he doesnt remember how he got there. Could be wrong though)

But most of the time it is just between "Our elliot" primarily and "Mr Robot" the third personality (in which most of the gaps in elliot's memory comes from) It can be so confusing.

It is only at the end of the dream sequence in which "our elliot" lets go and lets the original Elliot finally free again thus "Hello Elliot" from Darlene. She is the only one that could really ever tell which elliot was which.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

I probably should have given it more than a B as the first season is easily an A effort. This season (the last 2 episodes specifically) weren't my favorite though. However I do have full confidence that they'll get to where we want them to (the writers, not Yoda, lol).

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The last episode of Mandalorian was one of my favorite of the series, but I'm also a big Clone Wars and Rebels fan so the tie-ins are probably why I love it so much.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The last episode of Mandalorian was one of my favorite of the series, but I'm also a big Clone Wars and Rebels fan so the tie-ins are probably why I love it so much.
This makes sense. I'm admittedly pretty ignorant to the films outside of standard pop culture references.

I meant to watch them in the rogue one order during quarantine but only made it through about 4 films before other hobbies and cinema stole my time.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Mandalorian keeps getting better and better.

I felt the sudden desire to go back and play the old Dark Forces game after that last scene.

I can't wait for next week. Based on who wrote and directed it I'm pretty sure I (and anybody else who watched TCW and Rebels) know what the big reveal is going to be.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I cannot ever find a stream on the firestick that actually works. I want to see it so bad.

Unreal performance and I didn't expect it at all. The first trailer looked awful to me. The movie was superb.

I'm watching Tiger King on Netflix. It's absolutely bananas.
it's on hulu, which is having a deal rn, where you'll pay 1.99 for their basic package for the year, per month.

speaking of Hulu, just finished season 1 of What We Do In The Shadows -- i LOVEEEEEE it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad