OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
It does! It's just only funny in bits and spurts.

I think it's because Steve Carrell is not funny when he has to play someone serious. In The Office, he was goofy and silly. In The Big Short, he was serious, but he was good at being serious. In Space Force, he's playing an uptight general in a comedy. That's not something he's going to excel at.

Reactions: Darkauron

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I’m looking for the name of 2 kids game shows from I believe the 90s...

1. Was a game where I believe who got to the end would run through mini isles of video games connected to the walls with Velcro. The kids were wearing a suit that also had Velcro on it that they would have to attach the games to. Before they crossed the finish line, they would grab a backpack full of games and slide down a tube.

2. Was a game where teams would comment against each other in different contests with what had to be a green screen because it would “transport” them into the games (magic carpet is one I remember) and you would see them looking off screen (assuming at a tv screen).

I don’t believe these were the same games... can anyone help?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I’m looking for the name of 2 kids game shows from I believe the 90s...

1. Was a game where I believe who got to the end would run through mini isles of video games connected to the walls with Velcro. The kids were wearing a suit that also had Velcro on it that they would have to attach the games to. Before they crossed the finish line, they would grab a backpack full of games and slide down a tube.

2. Was a game where teams would comment against each other in different contests with what had to be a green screen because it would “transport” them into the games (magic carpet is one I remember) and you would see them looking off screen (assuming at a tv screen).

I don’t believe these were the same games... can anyone help?

I'm not sure about #1 but #2 is definitely Nick Arcade

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I was going to add that I thought it was on Nick too! Thank you!

I loved Nick Arcade, use to watch that one all the time lol

I was trying to figure out the other one but I don't remember this one but this looks like it cause they are doing what you described...

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I loved Nick Arcade, use to watch that one all the time lol

I was trying to figure out the other one but I don't remember this one but this looks like it cause they are doing what you described...

I actually was just googling... video game show/ Velcro suits and the show Video Power just came up. Sometimes I forget how powerful search engines are. Thank you. The end of that show was like a young kids dream.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The Mandalorian is back! I really enjoyed the first episode of season 2. There's a lot of nostalgia in it, but it's done very well.

Watched it last night. I really enjoyed it and the direction this season is going in (based on the cast additions and their rumored roles). It amazes me that people online are crapping on the 1st episode but I guess that stuff shouldn’t surprise me anymore.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I love all the James Bond movies but Sean Connery's Bond movies are what got me into the series in the first place. He passed away at the age of 90 and his clip from The Rock has been a staple at Devils games for a long time now. R.I.P.

Reactions: Darkauron

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The Mandalorian is back! I really enjoyed the first episode of season 2. There's a lot of nostalgia in it, but it's done very well.

I'm a very casual Star Wars fan, I've seen most of the movies but I absolutely love the mandalorian. I thought this episode was so much damn fun, that sand dragon thing was awesome. I also really like Timothy Olyphant and didn't know he was going to be in this so that was a nice surprise as well.

Reactions: Nicomo Cosca

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Watched it last night. I really enjoyed it and the direction this season is going in (based on the cast additions and their rumored roles). It amazes me that people online are crapping on the 1st episode but I guess that stuff shouldn’t surprise me anymore.
Fun fact. I've never seen a single Star Wars movie or anything relating to it. Absolutely zero interest. When I tell people that a lot of them cannot believe it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fun fact. I've never seen a single Star Wars movie or anything relating to it. Absolutely zero interest. When I tell people that a lot of them cannot believe it.
Same here.

Probably saw bits and pieces of them as a kid, but that’s about it.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I'm a very casual Star Wars fan, I've seen most of the movies but I absolutely love the mandalorian. I thought this episode was so much damn fun, that sand dragon thing was awesome. I also really like Timothy Olyphant and didn't know he was going to be in this so that was a nice surprise as well.

I would describe myself as a casual
Fan as well. I have seen them all but I’m far from a diehard. I do like to read up on movie and genres of interest. There seem to be quite a few characters coming this season that should make people happy. No spoilers will be given

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I watched the first episode of The Mandalorian on Saturday. I loved it. But then the more I thought about it, I started to not like it. So I went back and watched it again last night and confirmed that I liked it :laugh:

My only issue is with Timothy Olyphant. I actually like him as an actor but it seems like he always plays the same character and wasn't necessary to be this guy. It's probably just me. But Boba Fett has always been my favorite character the moment I saw him in Empire Strikes Back. I feel like they have done a disservice to him ever since then aka Jango Fett and Temuera Morrison. I've always been so starved of Fett content that no matter what they do, it's not good enough for me :laugh: I hope the scene at the end isn't for nothing and Fett is somehow reunited with his armor.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I watched the first episode of The Mandalorian on Saturday. I loved it. But then the more I thought about it, I started to not like it. So I went back and watched it again last night and confirmed that I liked it :laugh:

My only issue is with Timothy Olyphant. I actually like him as an actor but it seems like he always plays the same character and wasn't necessary to be this guy. It's probably just me. But Boba Fett has always been my favorite character the moment I saw him in Empire Strikes Back. I feel like they have done a disservice to him ever since then aka Jango Fett and Temuera Morrison. I've always been so starved of Fett content that no matter what they do, it's not good enough for me :laugh: I hope the scene at the end isn't for nothing and Fett is somehow reunited with his armor.

Have you watched Santa Clarita Diet? It's one of my favorite thing's he's done and definitely a different character for him.

Last edited:

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I'm still catching up on the Mandalorian since I just finally got Disney+ since I have a little one coming. As someone who read a bunch of the now reconned books as a teenager when those were the only content besides the movies, I've not liked a lot of what they've done since relaunching with the sequel trilogy. This isn't one of those, it's been everything I loved about the books. Nice, tight stories and exploring ways of life that aren't giant good v evil conflicts. As long as it stays that way, I anticipate continuing to like it.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I'm still catching up on the Mandalorian since I just finally got Disney+ since I have a little one coming. As someone who read a bunch of the now reconned books as a teenager when those were the only content besides the movies, I've not liked a lot of what they've done since relaunching with the sequel trilogy. This isn't one of those, it's been everything I loved about the books. Nice, tight stories and exploring ways of life that aren't giant good v evil conflicts. As long as it stays that way, I anticipate continuing to like it.

Yeah it is great. Everything Disney had touched starwars related before Mandalorian sucked.

I still can't trust Disney with other stuff, but it gives me hope for the rest of star wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad