OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
After all the hype, when I finally watched Mandalorian I was supremely disappointed.

I got Disney+ in large part to watch that series, and cancelled it when I finished watching.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The Queen's Gambit was pretty good.

Started great, but ended kind of lame, but I'd still give it a pretty good overall.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Yeah it is great. Everything Disney had touched starwars related before Mandalorian sucked.

I still can't trust Disney with other stuff, but it gives me hope for the rest of star wars.

That's because they put people who actually know and understand Star Wars in charge of the Mandalorian, and for the most part seem to have let them do their thing.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Watched the fist two Mandalorian episodes. Pretty good so far, hopefully Timothy Olyphant comes back for another episode. I can't believe Baby Yoda and those eggs, what a total dick lol.

Probably not a popular opinion but how long can they drag this Baby Yoda thing out, they need to get on with his story. It's getting a bit repetitive dragging him along while Mando keeps leaving him behind while he does random stuff. If they do get rid of him down the road people are going to lose their shit though.

Last edited:

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Watched the fist two Mandalorian episodes. Pretty good so far, hopefully Timothy Olyphant comes back for another episode. I can't believe Baby Yoda and those eggs, what total dick lol.

Probably not a popular opinion but how long can they drag this Baby Yoda thing out, they need to get on with his story. It's getting a bit repetitive dragging him along while Mando keeps leaving him behind while he does random stuff. If they do get rid of him down the road people are going to lose their shit though.

Yeah I didnt like the eggs thing. And I agree they really just need to expand yodas story

Reactions: JK3

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Watched the fist two Mandalorian episodes. Pretty good so far, hopefully Timothy Olyphant comes back for another episode. I can't believe Baby Yoda and those eggs, what total dick lol.

The only way it works to leave the baby Yoda story is to time jump when baby Yoda is angry teen Yoda (GoTG 2 Groot) and give him a spin-off show. :laugh:

Reactions: JK3 and Darkauron

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
No, Mando gets frozen in carbonite and angry teenage Yoda comes back to free him and they both take down a really old Gus Fring lol.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Did anyone watch Mr Robot?

I tried an episode a few years ago and didn’t care for it enough to keep watching. I picked it up a few weeks ago and am absolutely hooked about halfway through season 3.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
@Darkauron

I’ve seen on IMDB that a few episodes of the last season, including the series finale have been given a 9.9/10 rating by viewers. Do you agree that it wraps very well? 9.9 is unheard of.

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I really liked Mr. Robot, I watched it till the end of season 3 but completely forgot about it after the 2 years of it not being on. It's weird I always asked friends and others about it but they had no clue, seemed like I was the only one watching at the time.

After it not being on for a long time there's no way I can jump into season 4, might have to rewatch.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I really liked Mr. Robot, I watched it till the end of season 3 but completely forgot about it after the 2 years of it not being on. It's weird I always asked friends and others about it but they had no clue, seemed like I was the only one watching at the time.

After it not being on for a long time there's no way I can jump into season 4, might have to rewatch.

Not a single friend has ever mentioned it to me. I just looked now and see the 2 year gap between seasons. Was there a reason for it taking so long between 3 and 4?

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Not a single friend has ever mentioned it to me. I just looked now and see the 2 year gap between seasons. Was there a reason for it taking so long between 3 and 4?

Yeah it's weird that no one really talked about it much, maybe because it was on USA, not really a go to for a riveting TV series. It's not unheard of shows having that long of a break, only thing I can think of is they wanted to make sure they got the last season right.

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

As I recall Rami Malek was also doing a lot of other work at that time and I think he was focused on the Bohemian Rhapsody film over Mr robot. That and they needed a certain time frame to film last season plot wise for Mr robot (fall/winter)

Yeah that and taking their time and making it amazing (which it was)

Reactions: Ripshot 43 and JK3

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Another show I really liked that no one ever talked about was The Terror on AMC. It's 10 episodes about the lost Franklin Expedition of 1845 to find the Northwest Passage by the Royal Navy.

Jared Harris (Chernobyl) is awesome and its produced by Ridley Scott. They did a great job of blending history with a horror story. The historical stuff is very interesting, even if it didn't have any of the supernatural things it's scary enough, it's insane what those guys went through.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
As I recall Rami Malek was also doing a lot of other work at that time and I think he was focused on the Bohemian Rhapsody film over Mr robot. That and they needed a certain time frame to film last season plot wise for Mr robot (fall/winter)

Yeah that and taking their time and making it amazing (which it was)

Seeing him in Mr Robot makes me even more excited to see him as a Bond Villian

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Another show I really liked that no one ever talked about was The Terror on AMC. It's 10 episodes about the lost Franklin Expedition of 1845 to find the Northwest Passage by the Royal Navy.

Jared Harris (Chernobyl) is awesome and its produced by Ridley Scott. They did a great job of blending history with a horror story. The historical stuff is very interesting, even if it didn't have any of the supernatural things it's scary enough, it's insane what those guys went through.

Yeah I looooooooved The Terror so much. It was great. Shame the next season...was utter garbage.

Chernobyl is another one of my favorite shows too. Infact, it may be one of my favorite pieces of media ever. It was beautiful, scary, upsetting, and real.

Reactions: Oneiro and JK3

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Yeah I looooooooved The Terror so much. It was great. Shame the next season...was utter garbage.

Chernobyl is another one of my favorite shows too. Infact, it may be one of my favorite pieces of media ever. It was beautiful, scary, upsetting, and real.

Just looking up The Terror earlier I had no idea there was a second season lol. I have no idea what they were trying to do there with two unrelated stories.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

I will have to give that one a shot. AMC really has had some good shows with the first few seasons of the Walking Dead (nobody thought this genre could be done and it was a smash hit), Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

Another one I’ve heard good things about is Killing Eve. Has anyone see that?

JK3

Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I will have to give that one a shot. AMC really has had some good shows with the first few seasons of the Walking Dead (nobody thought this genre could be done and it was a smash hit), Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

Another one I’ve heard good things about is Killing Eve. Has anyone see that?

Haven't seen Killing Eve but yeah AMC has had some good ones. I loved the TWD but bailed after Rick left ,Breaking Bad and BCS was awesome of course. Turn was another one that I liked. Low Winter Sun was really good too but they cancelled that pretty quick lol.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Haven't seen Killing Eve but yeah AMC has had some good ones. I loved the TWD but bailed after Rick left ,Breaking Bad and BCS was awesome of course. Turn was another one that I liked. Low Winter Sun was really good too but they cancelled that pretty quick lol.

Hell On Wheels was another great AMC series that I don't think gets talked about enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad