OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Also, if there ever is a dark version of the Joker similar to Heath Ledger's Joker, it better be played by Greg Austin, kid was phenomenal in this show

Reactions: Billdo

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Did it get better after Episode 2 It kind or got strange.

I really enjoyed it. Some people I've talked to didnt quite like it as much as I did, but I really enjoyed the plot, I thought the overall plot line was fascinating from a historical perspective, but maybe that's just me. I also really enjoy WW2 stuff though

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Also, if there ever is a dark version of the Joker similar to Heath Ledger's Joker, it better be played by Greg Austin, kid was phenomenal in this show
Guy is a killer through and through. Fantastic character. That was an absolutely terrific show.
Did it get better after Episode 2 It kind or got strange.
1,000% yes.
Netflix -Bloodline good series.
I loved the first season. The rest was meh.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Guy is a killer through and through. Fantastic character. That was an absolutely terrific show.

I loved the first season. The rest was meh.

Travis was by far my favorite character. Such a twisted, demented, and mentally insane character. Really made the show. I thought he played it phenomenally.

Agreed on bloodlines too, season 1 was solid, but got shitty after that

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Travis was by far my favorite character. Such a twisted, demented, and mentally insane character. Really made the show. I thought he played it phenomenally.

Agreed on bloodlines too, season 1 was solid, but got shitty after that
Travis' scene at the end of the last episode was absolutely amazing.

Reactions: Davegarri

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
No shot 2 is better than 1. Never played anything past 3, but sapphire/ruby will always be one of my favorite games
Gen 2 is just Gen 1 with more content and slightly less broken battles

I don't think people at large appreciate how shitty Gen 1 was in terms of coding and mechanics

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Gen 2 is just Gen 1 with more content and slightly less broken battles

I don't think people at large appreciate how shitty Gen 1 was in terms of coding and mechanics

Are we talking quality of gameplay or the pokemon from that specific Gen? I could agree with the gameplay, but I did not like the pokemon of Gen 2

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Are we talking quality of gameplay or the pokemon from that specific Gen? I could agree with the gameplay, but I did not like the pokemon of Gen 2
I'm rating the quality of the generation as a whole - music, story, pokedex, battles, mechanics, etc.

For example, Gen 4 had some major updates to mechanics like the physical/special split and wifi trading, but the games themselves were very weak. Poor stories, music, characters, Pokedex, etc. Though now that I think about it, I should definitely put it above Gen 6.

In regards to Gen 2, there's definitely a lot of filler in the Pokedex but quite a few beauties as well. Tyranitar, Heracross, Kingdra, Skarmory, Ampharos, Donphan, Steelix, etc. Adding Steel and Dark really helped to balance those games. Plus allowing you to go back to Kanto means the game has essentially double the content Gen 1 had.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Just watched Parasite. Absolutely tremendous.
I cannot ever find a stream on the firestick that actually works. I want to see it so bad.
Finally watched "Uncut Gems" last night. Everyone who says that Adam Sandler got robbed of an Oscar is right.
Unreal performance and I didn't expect it at all. The first trailer looked awful to me. The movie was superb.

I'm watching Tiger King on Netflix. It's absolutely bananas.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Three thumbs up for Tiger King on Netflix. Thought I would just watch one episodes but it’s way to intriguing and binge watch the entire series in one sitting
It’s so crazy with so many zany characters and so many twist that I would have thought this can’t be a documentary. It has to be made up. But it’s not
It’s true life in Big Cat world.
Get ready for a ride.
One of the best docu series that I have seen

Last edited:
Reactions: Billdo and Oneiro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad