OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
After they announced AC Valhalla I went back and played Origins again since I don't think I ever beat it before, I kept getting to around the same point and then just not continuing not sure why - maybe the grind to level up to complete the next main story mission. But now that I have finished it, I really enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy the ending too much however which was a bit of a downer but I still respect the direction that they went.

Odyssey was incredible though, probably gonna play through that again next since I have nothing better to do after work's done lol. Can't wait to see some Valhalla gameplay this week (tomorrow I think?) the trailer got me so hyped.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That trailer looked like it was just a Vikings game until the end. The series seems to becoming more a straight up action RPG than AC, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Origins and Odyssey have been the most fun I've had playing an AC game since probably Brotherhood (although Black Flag was pretty solid). And who wouldn't want to play as an ass kicking Viking?

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
That trailer looked like it was just a Vikings game until the end. The series seems to becoming more a straight up action RPG than AC, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Origins and Odyssey have been the most fun I've had playing an AC game since probably Brotherhood (although Black Flag was pretty solid). And who wouldn't want to play as an ass kicking Viking?

Oh yeah it definitely leans more towards RPG now but I still enjoy that stealthy playstyle, like I much prefer trying to go through forts without being caught and leveling all of the assassin-related skills

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Oh yeah it definitely leans more towards RPG now but I still enjoy that stealthy playstyle, like I much prefer trying to go through forts without being caught and leveling all of the assassin-related skills

I do too...except I suck at stealth and usually end up having to fight half the fort anyway.:laugh:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I do too...except I suck at stealth and usually end up having to fight half the fort anyway.:laugh:

Ahaha I hear ya, I'm not too good at it either. If I slip up I usually just run away until they stop following me to try again lol

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Also, not Assassin's Creed related, I can't remember if I've ever shared my love for Midland here lol

BUT they're an amazing country band, and I know I know country ew gross. These guys have an old school sound to them though and I love it. Give em a try, this is one of my favourites from their last album but they have a lot of other great songs.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Has anybody tried playing Snowrunner? It's oddly addictive, yet also incredibly frustrating. I spent like an hour and a half and used three different trucks to move a load like half a mile. Although maybe I just suck at the game.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Has anybody tried playing Snowrunner? It's oddly addictive, yet also incredibly frustrating. I spent like an hour and a half and used three different trucks to move a load like half a mile. Although maybe I just suck at the game.

What is snowrunner? What platform do you play it on?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Finished the first season of Killing Eve last night. Really good so far.

Can you explain this show without giving major spoilers? I always see commercials and I just feel more confused as to what the show is about by the time they end. This of course gives me no desire to give it a shot.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Can you explain this show without giving major spoilers? I always see commercials and I just feel more confused as to what the show is about by the time they end. This of course gives me no desire to give it a shot.

A really demented (gorgeous, female) contract killer is tracked by an American detective who works for British intelligence (Played by Sandra Oh) and it chronicles their cat and mouse chase. Lots of people playing both sides. Lots of good twists. Lots of good humor, both dark and otherwise. Well-worth watching the first few episodes to see if you like it.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Half way through the second season of Dead To Me. First season was terrific. This one is slow so far but you can kinda see it building.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Half way through the second season of Dead To Me. First season was terrific. This one is slow so far but you can kinda see it building.

My wife and I enjoyed the 1st season but I felt like it was one of those shows where after 1 season you would feel like they were stretching the premise of the show. I haven’t started the 2nd season yet, for that reason but plan on giving it a shot after a few other shows.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
A really demented (gorgeous, female) contract killer is tracked by an American detective who works for British intelligence (Played by Sandra Oh) and it chronicles their cat and mouse chase. Lots of people playing both sides. Lots of good twists. Lots of good humor, both dark and otherwise. Well-worth watching the first few episodes to see if you like it.

Thank you. I will add it to the list.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
What is snowrunner? What platform do you play it on?

It's basically an off road trucking game. You take on contracts to move cargo from one point to another. The catch is you usually have to drive through extremely muddy and or water/ice covered roads, and the conditions are very real world, so it's easy to get stuck or spin out. So you have to use a combination of the right truck, careful driving, and using a winch to get from one point to another.

I know that probably doesn't sound all that exciting, but it is oddly addictive. It's satisfying to finish a contract after you've had to use one truck to winch out another, only to then have to winch that truck out when it got stuck. It feels like you've actually accomplished something.

I play it on PS4, but it's also on XBox One and PC.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
My wife and I enjoyed the 1st season but I felt like it was one of those shows where after 1 season you would feel like they were stretching the premise of the show. I haven’t started the 2nd season yet, for that reason but plan on giving it a shot after a few other shows.
It kind of feels like that so far. It's not bad and we will probably finish it tonight but yeah, not as good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad