OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Can anyone suggest a good sci-fi audio book?

Despite its sophomoric nature I really loved Ready Player One for its 80s nostalgia and also listened to the authors other book.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Can anyone suggest a good sci-fi audio book?

Despite its sophomoric nature I really loved Ready Player One for its 80s nostalgia and also listened to the authors other book.

Will Save the Galaxy for Food was an amusing and light sci-fi audio book.

We are Legion (We are Bob) is a slightly more serious sci-fi but still keeping it light with jokes.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

We are Legion (We are Bob) is a slightly more serious sci-fi but still keeping it light with jokes.

Looked them up. We are Legion sounds like my next purchase. 3 books in a series is even better news!

Thank You Devils731

Reactions: Devils731

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

Thank you again... I am making my way through For We Are Many now.

Reactions: Devils731

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
B: The Beginning got a really good review from my sister. I think I'm giving that series a try next.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Anybody else watching the last season of The Clone Wars? The last few episodes have been better than any of the films under the Disney banner.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
We started watching Upload on Amazon on Friday and I’ve been pleasantly surprised. It’s a dark comedy where you can Upload your consciousness into a computer and live your dream afterlife while also interacting with the living. It has a serious plot as well that I won’t spoil. Currently have just 1 episode left out of 10 to finish the season.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I've been watching Giri/Haji and I don't know what to think. I was enjoying it, but now that I'm getting towards the end, it's like it's just too much. There are way too many things going on.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I've been watching Giri/Haji and I don't know what to think. I was enjoying it, but now that I'm getting towards the end, it's like it's just too much. There are way too many things going on.

That was next on my list to watch. Ill still give it a go probably though

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
We started watching Upload on Amazon on Friday and I’ve been pleasantly surprised. It’s a dark comedy where you can Upload your consciousness into a computer and live your dream afterlife while also interacting with the living. It has a serious plot as well that I won’t spoil. Currently have just 1 episode left out of 10 to finish the season.

Does it get better? I've watched the first two episodes and have been very underwhelmed. I keep asking myself if ii even laughed during the episodes.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That was next on my list to watch. Ill still give it a go probably though

I'd still recommend it. It's been very enjoyable. It's just hard to wrap my head around the last couple episodes I've watched. Whoever plays Rodney is damn good. Funny character.

The ending few episodes are just manic. Most of the show was awesome though

I was absolutely loving it up till the Soho war. After that when Sarah helps Kenzo hide Yuto, and Sarah and Kenzo are developing feelings for each other, and Rei and Natsuko save Sora and Eiko and Ian tells Sarah he is going to turn her in and Fukuhara is sending his men with Toshio to London... It's just so much going on at once that you have no idea how all of this madness is going to intersect. Manic is the perfect word for it.

Reactions: Darkauron

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Does it get better? I've watched the first two episodes and have been very underwhelmed. I keep asking myself if ii even laughed during the episodes.

Abort abort!

If you don’t like the first few, I would just say that the shows humor isn’t your cup of tea and cut your loses. There definitely wasn’t any major uptick in quality of episodes for us.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So there is a new Scooby Doo movie streaming soon. I was surprised to see DICK Dastardly in the commercial. I never associated him with Scooby. I really hope Muttley joins him. I loved the Wacky Races as a kid.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
So there is a new Scooby Doo movie streaming soon. I was surprised to see DICK Dastardly in the commercial. I never associated him with Scooby. I really hope Muttley joins him. I loved the Wacky Races as a kid.
Muttley used to post here ! (before you joined, there was a guy with the user name "Muttley", a real polarizing figure you might say)

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad