OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I cannot ever find a stream on the firestick that actually works. I want to see it so bad.

Unreal performance and I didn't expect it at all. The first trailer looked awful to me. The movie was superb.

I'm watching Tiger King on Netflix. It's absolutely bananas.

Three thumbs up for Tiger King on Netflix. Thought I would just watch one episodes but it’s way to intriguing and binge watch the entire series in one sitting
It’s so crazy with so many zany characters and so many twist that I would have thought this can’t be a documentary. It has to be made up. But it’s not
It’s true life in Big Cat world.
Get ready for a ride.
One of the best docu series that I have seen

This is a local story for me as well so I am super excited to start watching it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So the Yesterday movie has been playing nonstop on HBO. I still struggle with spoiler tags so I’ll just say that for anyone who has seen the movie that I have finally gotten past being verklempt at that one moment. You know the one when the door opens. I was absolutely caught off guard the first time. That didn’t stop me from reliving that moment the next few times I watched it. I know a bunch of folks laughed but I’m skeptical they were Beatles fans to begin with.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Haven't played it, I'll have to give it a shot!

It's an absolute must play. The environments, characters, music and depth of the story are just unrivaled in games on any console or on PC.

I mean, hell, I watched and then posted a 45 minute YouTube clip explaining the depth of the story and the references made because it's that good. Good enough that I'd watch a 45 minute video explaining it.

Reactions: Darkauron

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
@TheUnseenHand Just saw the first episode of Tower of god. I think you were the one that loved the manga right?

The episode seemed interesting enough to keep on going for now

I am a big fan of the Webtoon. I don't know if I'll bother with the anime or not. The Webtoon is getting close to complete. Maybe when it's done and the anime has several more episodes out I'll binge it.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Tiger King is unquestionably entertaining, but it really bothered me how non-critical they are of the rampant abuse and neglect going on at these parks. It's just sort of accepted and dismissed as "yeah, it's bad, whatever, look at this Joe Dirt impersonator isn't he wild lol."

I hesitate to call it a documentary, it's really just a trailer trash soap opera with cool animals set as the backdrop. They had a chance to make a powerful documentary a la Blackfish and instead turned it into a circus act you'd see on TLC.

There are more captive tigers in the state of Texas than there are left in the wild.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Tiger King is unquestionably entertaining, but it really bothered me how non-critical they are of the rampant abuse and neglect going on at these parks. It's just sort of accepted and dismissed as "yeah, it's bad, whatever, look at this Joe Dirt impersonator isn't he wild lol."

I hesitate to call it a documentary, it's really just a trailer trash soap opera with cool animals set as the backdrop. They had a chance to make a powerful documentary a la Blackfish and instead turned it into a circus act you'd see on TLC.

There are more captive tigers in the state of Texas than there are left in the wild.

Blackfish is very much a one sided story with a lot of misleading information but people love a good outrage. Are there some truths in there? Sure but that's another whole rabbit hole to go down.

SeaWorld has always done an absolute ton of tremendous environmental work but you would never know that either by watching that documentary.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Decided to start The Wire and I'm annoyed I didn't watch when it was actively on. It's very good so far. Only 5 or 6 episodes in.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Decided to start The Wire and I'm annoyed I didn't watch when it was actively on. It's very good so far. Only 5 or 6 episodes in.
One of the best series ever made. That's just my personal opinion though. Extremely insightful, deep and well written but still very entertaining. The last season is not that good, but still watchable. Some people dislike the second season but I think it might be the best of them.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'm so pumped for the Final Fantasy 7 remake to come out Friday. I've waited so many years for this lol

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm so pumped for the Final Fantasy 7 remake to come out Friday. I've waited so many years for this lol

I've never played more than an hour of any Final Fantasy game. It's odd because those games seem to be right up my alley. I forget which one I tried to play. It was pretty new. I didn't like it. I am VERY interested in the FF7 remake, though.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Would've been real nice to have had Cyberpunk 2077.

Probably wouldn't have even noticed we were quarantined, haha.

Reactions: Darkauron

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I've never played more than an hour of any Final Fantasy game. It's odd because those games seem to be right up my alley. I forget which one I tried to play. It was pretty new. I didn't like it. I am VERY interested in the FF7 remake, though.

FF7 is the only one I ever liked. Ff8, 9, and 10 were not that great and I didnt play anything before it.

I just loved the story and characters of ff7

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I've been debating doing another re-watch of it now that I finished Tiger King and caught up with the movies I wanted to see. Has anybody here watched Hunters on Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad